iTunes U

Bookworm55
Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I have just discovered something that is literally made of win. iTunes U (or iTunes University)

OK, not literally made of win, but I think it's truly awesome, as in I'm genuinely awestruck by how great it is. I can't believe I hadn't heard of it before. Freely downloadable audio/video lectures on a wide range of subjects from world-class universities.

Teachers you can carry in your pocket and listen to as and when you get a chance! Classes you can pause and/or rewind! Well, I'm impressed anyway.

I've set my iTunes to download hours of lectures on a wide range of topics, from Accounting/Finance/Economics/Management related materials to physical sciences and all sorts of other stuff. I've got a physics course from MIT on my iPod right now. Physics. From MIT. For nothing.

excuse me, I have to go and be geeky now.

Comments

• CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Now that might actually persuade me to install iTunes.
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    That's sounds pucka. Where abouts is that ? Pod casts ?
  • Bookworm55
    It's not under podcasts, but they work like podcasts.

If you've got iTunes 9, when you go to iTunes Store there's a list of dropdown menus at the top, under the Now Playing bar. iTunes U is the last one on the right.
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Bookworm55 wrote: »
    It's not under podcasts, but they work like podcasts.

If you've got iTunes 9, when you go to iTunes Store there's a list of dropdown menus at the top, under the Now Playing bar. iTunes U is the last one on the right.

That sounds really good, can you search for the subjects you want lectures on?
  • Bookworm55
    Yes and no. It's relatively easy to find a series of lectures on a general subject area, but much harder to search for a very specific topic.

So you can easily find a series of lectures on "management accounting", but hard to find one specifically for "process costing". You can scan through the writeup of each lecture, but they're variably informative.

I've had my best finds come from browsing the site rather than specific searching. Some of them are distinctly dodgy in sound and/or picture quality. But new material is added all the time.
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Bookworm55 wrote: »
    Yes and no. It's relatively easy to find a series of lectures on a general subject area, but much harder to search for a very specific topic.

So you can easily find a series of lectures on "management accounting", but hard to find one specifically for "process costing". You can scan through the writeup of each lecture, but they're variably informative.

I've had my best finds come from browsing the site rather than specific searching. Some of them are distinctly dodgy in sound and/or picture quality. But new material is added all the time.

Thats great, thanks for the heads up on that, i will be checking that out
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    This is excellent. Loads of topics. Im always up for learning new things and have noticed a few subjects on here that ive been interested in knowing a bit more about for a while now...

Great...

Thanks for the tip
Privacy Policy