lol
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor šŸ§™ā€ā™‚ļø
    Options
    :001_tt2:
  • MILLY21
    MILLY21 Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ā­
    Options
    condescension - the trait of displaying arrogance by patronizing those considered inferior.

Well A'Vic you be your own judge, if the cap fits and that........... LMFAO

(oye you two!! I've been mulling that thread over and over in my head all night, still can't believe it, I'm still ready to kill honest to god - my friends laughed with great delight at the thought of someone describing me as weak and needy - they consider me more a "wouldn't like to upset for fear of death" kind of person)

Off I go to cry on someones shoulder ...... WTF?
  • A-Vic
    Options
    MILLY21 wrote: Ā»
    condescension - the trait of displaying arrogance by patronizing those considered inferior.

(oye you two!! I've been mulling that thread over and over in my head all night, still can't believe it, I'm still ready to kill honest to god - my friends laughed with great delight at the thought of someone describing me as weak and needy - they consider me more a "wouldn't like to upset for fear of death" kind of person)

No disrespect ment but milly you really need to get over yourself the comments were ment in jest and wernt even aimed towards you it was a joke between me and thomas.

Really if a thread has got to you as bad as you made out well that does show you as a very weak person (the one thing you didnt want to be seen as - but replying as you have to a very light hearted comment just shows you are)
  • Thomasl1
    Thomasl1 Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ā­
    Options
    Milly, my only advice would be that if you consider something written is petty then ignore it, and if you feel you have good advice, then use it. If you take a look at the thread I posted regarding my new MIP status, you'll see a couple of posts which could be seen as condescending, however I just laughed them off.

Internet communities are always gonna have a number of different characters in them. Not all of these characters are gonna be nice and approachable. Some will tell it like it is, some will be very helpful. You just gotta take the rough with the smooth and pick up as much useful advice as possible.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Yawnz it will be on def ears am afraid but hey am sure a few people would have beneifted from this thread :)
  • A-Vic
    Options
    MILLY21 wrote: Ā»

o and heres a definition you should try:-

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&defl=en&q=define:egotistical&ei=F4bpSpezEIeOjAeXutGnDQ&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title&ved=0CAwQkAE
  • MILLY21
    Options
    I have written an re-written this thread a few times now and I think the best thing for me to say is thank you both for your comments, I will inwardly digest them.

Please take my previous thread as it was ment, jokey (perhaps you mis understood me in this instance A-vic).

My parting comment will only be that I can take critiscism and other peoples opinions, what I wont take is people being personal. If I ask a daft questions and people call me thick well I deserve that but to be called weak, neady, that people have "no sympathy for me" and that I should not go into self employed pratice ect ect, that to me is just bile and venom and if I heard, or indeed do hear anything like that again to me or anyone else I will defend them or me. I wound not allow anyone I know to speak of me or about me in that way and I can't just ignore those comments, wish I could but I can't. Those other gentlemen were allowed within this forum to speak their minds without critiscm, I would apprecaite being extended the same courtesy.

I started this thread off saying I notice some people can be a bit fierce on here and it has now happend to me. I will be more careful about what I write on here in future.

I don't wish to avoid these forums and do hope to speak with you again some time and hope I may be of some help to you in future.

Very best regards

Michelle
  • Glynis
    Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor šŸ¦‰
    Options
    I agree totaly with Milly. I have been subjected to condesending and nasty comments by a number of people on here just because I ask questions when I struggle but do youy know something I COULD NOT CARE LESS. If I want to ask questions I will and sod them that don't like it.

There are some truly obnoxious individuals on here who are probably not older than my children that think just because they are behind a screen it doesn't matter but god help them when they fall down to earth and realise they're not as god damn perfect as they think they bloody well are!
  • MILLY21
    Options
    A-vic I have just read your post after posting my own thread.

I think that was un-called for but if that if your opinion then you are entitled to it
    Guest Registered Posts: 73 Regular contributor ā­
    Options
    Quote: I am a very hard working, intelligent woman in a male dominated environment and I have the respect of the Directors, staff and clients I deal with all over the world.

Really, with postings on a professional forum such as:

if the cap fits and that........... LMFAO
    shoulder ...... WTF
    Friends consider me more a "wouldn't like to upset for fear of death" kind of person

Are you confusing respect with intimidated?
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor šŸ§™ā€ā™‚ļø
    Options
    Milly, I suggest you reread my post where I didn't refer to 'you' but rather 'they' meaning people in general. I also suggest you read this thread which was started by another poster with a similar experience to yourself.

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=24435&page=1

I have a strong way with words sometimes and while I admit my post was open to misinterpretation having read it back - and I apologise for how you feel, I meant nothing personal to you by it - I do feel there have been been a few posters lately who've thrown wobblies when they've got a different reaction to the one they were expecting and/or completely disregarded information they've been given. This is real life and if you can't handle stress in a forum, how will you cope outside of it when faced with a real problem (this is a rhetorical question btw)?

All the best.
  • MILLY21
    Options
    Hi blobbyh

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply and thank you for the comments, I will take a look at your link.

With my very best regards

Michelle
  • MILLY21
    Options
    In answer to you post "GUEST" you would have to ask my friends if they feel intimidated. Once I have un locked them from the garden shed I will ask them to contact you
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Can i suggest that if anyone has a problem with how they feel a posting was given and reacted to it transfer it to Blobbys attached thread.
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor šŸ¦‰
    Options
    If it was me I would ignore the comments I didn't particulary like, plus it wasn't aimed at you personally so I wouldn't worry about it. I have seen a few threads like this, they aren't nice but I guess it's life, people clash, and thats the way it is.....also things can be read differently, than they are mean't to sound, you can't hear the tone of someone's voice, obviously, when they type!
  • micklynch
    micklynch Registered Posts: 15 New contributor šŸø
    Options
    Milly,

I sympathise with you completely. I think certain posters on here, in this instance Dean and Blobby, do feel superior and like to put people down when questions are asked which they feel are rather silly or obvious. I wonder if the clients who deal with Dean and Blobby are afraid to ask them questions for fear of being laughed at or put down for being thick?!

I hope this hasn't put you off using the forum because there are a lot of people on here who are more than happy to give advice in a more positive and constructive manner.

Take care,
    Mick
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Had you cared to read the thread fully Mick, you'd have noticed I've already apologised to Milly and to which she has responded. One of the things that frustrates me on this forum is the selective picking and choosing of which posts to quote while carefully ignoring others in order to make a point.

I'm quite a friendly guy in real life, get on with most people and have no superior attitude towards anyone: trust me, I've been very near the bottom and look down on no-one. However I do admit to getting annoyed with people who never listen or absorb info no matter how many times you tell them something (this isn't directed at Milly either). And for that, I'm only human.
  • micklynch
    Options
    Blobby,
    I have read the thread and did see that you have apologised to Milly. That still doesn't make any difference to the point I was making, which was that you and certain others on this forum seem to like to put people down for asking questions which may seem silly and trivial to you. If you weren't so rude in your initial responses to Milly, then you wouldn't have felt the need to apologise. I prefer to be polite to people and then that saves me having to apologise!
    Regards,
    Mick
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor šŸ§™ā€ā™‚ļø
    Options
    I think certain posters on here, in this instance Dean and Blobby, do feel superior and like to put people down when questions are asked which they feel are rather silly or obvious.

Mick

Please find the post where I insinuated that the question was silly or obvious and put someone down.

I admit to being an arse in certain other threads but not in this one. The original poster, despite trying to convince us (or maybe herself) otherwise, got her knickers in a twist over nothing.
  • micklynch
    Options
    Dean,
    You may notice in my post that I didn't quote from this particular thread. My point was a general one, based on comments that I have seen from yourself and Mr Blobby in the past.
    Regards,
    Mick
  • deanshepherd
    Options
    Ah, in other words..

Nothing I said was derogatory.

Thank you.
  • MILLY21
    Options
    look out mick, dean will be telling you his dad is bigger than your dad next.

dean, please, and i mean this most sincerely, just refrain from passing comments about me. Whatever the reason you and I have locked horns over this so lets just avoid one another on this forum and move forward yeh.
  • deanshepherd
    Options
    Well.. starting with an insult and then saying 'lets move on' does lack a bit of sincerity but sure, lets move on. We all live and learn.
  • MILLY21
    Options
    sorry about that, i guess i shouldnt have included that in the post, it wasnt really a dig at you it was more that this whole thread just seemed to be getting a bit bigger than any of us may have wanted do you think ??

best regards to you dean

Michelle
  • deanshepherd
    Options
    No worries, just another day on the forums!
  • micklynch
    Options
    Ah, in other words..

Nothing I said was derogatory.

Thank you.

I guess I will have to spell it out for you.....

I was referring to some of your posts generally rather than being specific. You whole attitude towards new members in particular seems to be superior, as if you know it all and they shouldn't ask questions which you feel are silly or where the answers should be obvious. I just don't understand your attitude generally and why you feel the need to alienate other members with some of your posts.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    I guess I will have to spell it out for you.....

I was referring to some of your posts generally rather than being specific. You whole attitude towards new members in particular seems to be superior, as if you know it all and they shouldn't ask questions which you feel are silly or where the answers should be obvious. I just don't understand your attitude generally and why you feel the need to alienate other members with some of your posts.

Micklynch i see you havnt posted very much in the past and funny enough ive never seen any of your posts giving advise so why do you feel the need to try and give someone grief where it has nothing to do with you unless your just out to cause trouble.

So as i see it your opinion counts for nowt give it up move on i think everone else has.

Next
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Mick, you yourself are keeping this thread going far longer than it needs to by continuing your forum 'scalphunting' (and we've seen this so many times before). I've apologised to Milly, Dean has offered half an apology (well, an apology for him anyway) and it's now you fuelling your moral crusade

Unless you've been on this forum under a previous name, you're a relative newcomer here. Not that that should matter too much, but what you won't know about Dean is that he's (well, what I see him as anyway) tongue in cheek abrupt but also extremely well respected amongst the long timers. Read some of his older posts and you'll find many where he's offered genuinely helpful advice rather than choosing the handful where he's been a bit off.

There are also times when people need telling the truth to get them through rather than a lie that will simply pacify them and be of little benefit. If people come here looking for an ego massage - and this is hardly the best place for it, but hey ho - then they'll get one off some people while receiving a kick in the shins off others (and some have been later grateful for the latter believe it or not).
  • deanshepherd
    Options
    I was referring to some of your posts generally rather than being specific.

Still waiting for an example..
    You whole attitude towards new members in particular seems to be superior

Rubbish. I'm rude to everyone. I couldn't care less how long they have been on these forums.
    as if you know it all and they shouldn't ask questions which you feel are silly or where the answers should be obvious.

Example?
    I just don't understand your attitude generally and why you feel the need to alienate other members with some of your posts.

Put it down to boredom. I'm an accountant after all.
Privacy Policy