Options
2»

Comments

• Arina
    Arina Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Cyfarthfa wrote: »
    yeah 210 and 420 sounds right.

one bit i was unsure of was that with the raw material, with the closing stock it said 3 days of following months demand. Which I did based on the demand/7 * 3 as the restaurants were open 7 days. But i noticed that the production was run over 5 days so did they mean restaurant demand or production demand?

I used 5 days - think it is about production.
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    what about task 1.4 .. i said no because the production cost on each meal was higher then the offer they were making on each meal
  • Fiorellino
    Fiorellino Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I have done 210/7 x 3 = 90 kg closing stock ; 420/7 x 3 = 180kg
  • Cyfarthfa
    Cyfarthfa Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    yes but i made a terrible mess lot of tipex and crossing out .. just only in that question i have crossed out 2 times .. well i dont think so he will bother 2 look in to my mess he will simply put a big cross wat u think ?

Honestly, i'll think you'll be fine. If you did the cost card and variance ok (i think that was section1 aswell?) then you'll be fine. I don't even think they'll be that many marks for that part anyway. I reckon they'll deduct about 3 marks which is nothing really.
  • Fiorellino
    Fiorellino Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    what about task 1.4 .. i said no because the production cost on each meal was higher then the offer they were making on each meal

I said no because the full cost of production was £1.65 I think too high
  • Arina
    Options

is it where was price offer of £1.50? I calculated contribution there and said that the price could be accepted if sales volume and turnover will cover fixed cost and give desired profit.
  • Cyfarthfa
    Options

me too, i also worked out that they'd have to sell something like 62,000 meals to cover their overheads.

for 3 other things to look at i included extra distribution costs for overseas, exchange rates and also the increase in market in that it might be better to make a loss at first to break into a bigger market. But overall i said decline the offer
  • umerali2003
    Options
    Fiorellino wrote: »
    I said no because the full cost of production was £1.65 I think too high

yeah that was task 1.4 (A) tOTAL PRODUCTION COST FOR 40.000 meals
    wat abt task 1.4 (B) VARIABLE COST wat do u get ???
    (C) RECCOMONDATION TO ACCEPT OR NOT
    (D) STATE 2 other reasons ?
  • Cyfarthfa
    Options
    yeah that was task 1.4 (A) tOTAL PRODUCTION COST FOR 40.000 meals
    wat abt task 1.4 (B) VARIABLE COST wat do u get ???
    (C) RECCOMONDATION TO ACCEPT OR NOT
    (D) STATE 2 other reasons ?

i think the variable cost was £1.05?? giving a contribution of £0.45
  • umerali2003
    Options
    Cyfarthfa wrote: »
    i think the variable cost was £1.05?? giving a contribution of £0.45

i got £0.70 .. variable cost per meal

and A BIG NO on decision making

and
    other reason i have thrown were .. distribution cost , and have mentioned that as we are dealing with the food the expiry dates are short so thats another fear sending the food abroad for God sake whose gona send a ready meal from britain cant they make it fresh there lolzzzz
  • umerali2003
    Options
    never the less good luck every body . and any idea when results are coming out it cant be 18th of feb the papers were week early dis time around some body was telling me at da exam centre 2day dat result are coming out on the 1st week of feb instead of 18th
  • Jossii
    Jossii Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Threw me completely too.....couldnt remember what to do..had brain meltdown!
  • Shoe Fairy
    Shoe Fairy Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    you are not the only one...lol...and my operating statement was out by £20! did anyone else get theirs to reconcile?
  • DaveIOW
    DaveIOW Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Shoe Fairy wrote: »
    you are not the only one...lol...and my operating statement was out by £20! did anyone else get theirs to reconcile?

Yeah mine reconciled, I have to say it was the part that worried me the most before the exam, but when it came to it I sailed through it. The person behind didnt I think...lots of swear words coming from over my shoulder!

I found the exam fairly easy in comparison to previous papers, which kind of threw me a bit especially the first section, I kept checking and rechecking to see were the trick was, but it was fine and straight forward.

I have to agree, a lot of writing which meant I finished with about 10 mins to spare.

Oh and the bit about the 3 days of stock was 3 days of stock for DEMAND. The demand was over 7 days not 5 which was the production days.
  • Jossii
    Jossii Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    well theres another mistake to add to the others......the chicken and pudding percentages had me baffled a bit also>>
  • DaveIOW
    Options
    The chicken & dessert ratios were, I think there to confirm you understood how to work out ratios it asked for how many were sold...it gave you total sales of chicken dishes & the cost price...divide cost into sales and you get your answer.

& getting percentages well it was % of total meals, so you took the answer you got from the above question & divided it by total meals sold x 100 & that gave the %.

To be honest I spent about 10 years in catering management doing all sorts of ratios like these so this question was a bit of a dream for me
  • liverpooltrainee
    liverpooltrainee Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    MAC Examk

can anyone remember what they got on task 2.2 i think i got same price per meal for both london and average restaurants as £22
  • DaveIOW
    Options
    Yeah it was the same. I think they were hoping you would pick up on it in the improvements where similar London Restaurants average were £30
  • liverpooltrainee
    liverpooltrainee Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Thanks. unfortunately i did not finish task 2.3 three because i ran out of time so am just depending on task 2.1 and 2.2 and am not sure if thats enough to make me pass
  • umerali2003
    Options
    DaveIOW wrote: »
    The chicken & dessert ratios were, I think there to confirm you understood how to work out ratios it asked for how many were sold...it gave you total sales of chicken dishes & the cost price...divide cost into sales and you get your answer.

& getting percentages well it was % of total meals, so you took the answer you got from the above question & divided it by total meals sold x 100 & that gave the %.

To be honest I spent about 10 years in catering management doing all sorts of ratios like these so this question was a bit of a dream for me

Well indeed that must have been a lucky day 4 u .. but i didnt find that question difficult as well .. Section 2 was quite straight fwd ... Section 1 threw me a bit ... but let see how it goes
  • Arina
    Options
    I understand that exam results will be 16 of February. But when will be answers? any earlier?
Privacy Policy