What are you reading at the moment ??

Options
2»

Comments

• steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Apart from the Osbourne Professional Ethics book, which i may add is a utter page turner (yeah right),
    the book that i have just finished was "No Tears: Tales from the square Mile" By David Charters.

A kind of expose into the world of the square mile Big 4 companies. Some of the stories have a twisted bitter end to say the least.
  • troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    steveJ wrote: »
    Apart from the Osbourne Professional Ethics book, which i may add is a utter page turner (yeah right),
    the book that i have just finished was "No Tears: Tales from the square Mile" By David Charters.

A kind of expose into the world of the square mile Big 4 companies. Some of the stories have a twisted bitter end to say the least.

I have just read 'ps.I love you', what a pile of garbage..I hated it from start to finish and only read it as my daughter said it was brilliant.

Think I will just stick with the Kaplan books....there are EVER SO MUCH FUN! lol
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    'Published accounts for companies', wouldn't really recommend it.
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I have just finished The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown which was very good although the underlying tone is the same as the rest of his novels, basically a put down of religion!
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I have just finished The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown which was very good although the underlying tone is the same as the rest of his novels, basically a put down of religion!

Yeah, ive read the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons which i found really good. His a great writer and really opens up your way of thinking when first reading his books. Logic versus spirituality.

Im sure that you can get it for about 10p now on amazon, try and read "The rule of four". Along the same sort of lines as Dan Browns books.
  • Sweetpotato Chips
    Sweetpotato Chips Registered Posts: 173 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    CJC wrote: »
    Here's a few favourite SF/fantasy books you might try (call it sci-fi and you'll get pummelled by nerds)

Philip K. D i c k* 5 Great Novels
    Dan Simmons Hyperion
    Iain M. Banks Player of Games
    If you're feeling up to its 1100 pages Clive Barker - Imajica is a damn good read.

And as for books that make you cry - John Crowley's magical (in all senses of the word) Little Big

*This got censored can you fucking believe it!
    Thats so fucking funny (no only joking don't normal swear)
  • Sweetpotato Chips
    Options
    Tried all the Dan Brown books and just couldn't get in to them too much hype i think. Found a different author around the same time called Sam Bourne he is good not a massively great writer but a good read.
  • Sweetpotato Chips
    Options
    PGM wrote: »
    I've always stuck to my rule of not bringing accountancy into the bedroom.

Currently reading The Road, good gripping read, if a bit dark.
    I have to agree Accountancy in the bedroom was a crap novel !!

I love my vampire books (sad I know) hated the Twilight Series does anyone know of any good stories in this genre that stretch the brain cells alittle more than the norm ??
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Thats so fucking funny (no only joking don't normal swear)

I wouldn't normally swear on this forum but I felt this occasion called for it.

Sadly, Kim Newman's Anno Dracula is out of print but it's a cracking read and there are second-hand copies available though Amazon.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    PGM wrote: »
    accountancy into the bedroom.

Is this the accountancy version of the Kamusatra?
  • Sweetpotato Chips
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Well when i do get my life back i have an ann rule book called if you really loved me book to read
    Just started reading a Patrica Briggs book about Mercey the werecoyote its her 3rd in the series and its pretty good so far
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    i got the most strangest present off my brother for passing my exams:-

George Orwells - 1984
    Robert Greenes - The 48 Laws of Power
    and the Art of War

I have a feeling he is trying to tell me something !!!!
  • Sweetpotato Chips
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    i got the most strangest present off my brother for passing my exams:-

George Orwells - 1984
    Robert Greenes - The 48 Laws of Power
    and the Art of War

I have a feeling he is trying to tell me something !!!!
    What do you think he might want to be telling you ??? "Control Freak" maybe lol
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    i didnt get any presents for passing :(

anyways i finished my book and started a new one ...cant be without reading a book!!!

Title The Bridre's Necklace
Privacy Policy