This Message is Moderated

Options
jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
I received two messages and they both say "This message is moderated". What does that mean?

Also I have read the messages and it still says I have two notifications. When I click on it it says Profile Visitor Messages awaiting approval. Never seen that before anybody know why this has happened?

Comments

• Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    no idea jewels never had anything like that
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    No fucking idea... clearly it's not to filter out potty mouths like me and especially Chris.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    i have one aswell, it is annoying as i too have read it, but yet it is still being monitored.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I've no had anything yet...!
  • jewels.p
    Options
    I sent a message about this to James Christiano but have had no reply.
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Can't wait 'til he reads this thread then...
  • jewels.p
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Can't wait 'til he reads this thread then...

Why? Is it cause you used the F word?:001_smile:
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: »
    I sent a message about this to James Christiano but have had no reply.

i sent one too and mentioned you in it. i have had no reply either
  • Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I had a visitor message which says "this message is moderated".

Just seems a bit weird?
  • blobbyh
    Options
    I keep getting e-mails for private messages that I read and deleted two to three days earlier. What a load of old shi.... nope, best not push my luck.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I've got a moderated message stuck somewhere in the system at the moment, spect it'll come through when the moderators are back at work.

I keep getting emails from the 'not an AAT Forum Support' person at the moment, I've reported them to James Cristiano as I'm not sure what else to do about them.

They keep coming through that my computer is flagging up as 'high risk' or something and I have to click on a link to have my computer checked out - all very suspicious :-////

Anna
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • JayneHogan
    JayneHogan Registered Posts: 697 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I just don't see why the AAT forums could not be altered so that you actually have to be a "live" registered AAT student or member. Then at least all this computer generated or even person generated spam would not get through. E-mail verification only keeps computer generated spam out. What about keeping all non members out? This forum is, after all, supposed to be for those of us who pay our annual membership fees and support the aims of the AAT through our accountancy careers.
  • anniem
    Options
    That might cause problems for some of the lecturers who help us all the time though, I'm not sure if they have to be a member of the AAT to be a lecturer?
  • jewels.p
    Options
    I got a Private message from James Christiano today and he said they were having problems. Good News though those messages have gone now!
  • blobbyh
    Options
    JayneHogan wrote: »
    What about keeping all non members out? This forum is, after all, supposed to be for those of us who pay our annual membership fees and support the aims of the AAT through our accountancy careers.

A fair point but I'm not a current member of the AAT and I know there are a couple of other regular contributors who aren't either.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    A fair point but I'm not a current member of the AAT and I know there are a couple of other regular contributors who aren't either.

Ah but would we really miss you?!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Am still getting them for you jewels and wont let me respond to your PM's (congrates tho hun dead pleased) :)
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Am still getting them too! I now have 5 notifications showing and i have already read them all. All the PM's I have received since last night are showing that they are moderated!

I thought this was sorted too!:mad2:
  • James Cristiano
    James Cristiano Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Additional moderative measures

Dear AAT forum users,

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by the additional moderative measures we have recently introduced.

We are trying out a number of different things with the aim of finding the most effective way to combat the recent private message spam some of you have received.

Kind Regards,
    James, AAT Web Team
  • blobbyh
    Options
    I see my earlier expletive has been removed so thank **** for that (and I can confirm that the swear filter has finally been reinstated).

Bit of a flying visit by James there, maybe he has a fiver on the two thirty at Ascot?
  • jewels.p
    Options
    I see my earlier expletive has been removed so thank **** for that (and I can confirm that the swear filter has finally been reinstated).

Bit of a flying visit by James there, maybe he has a fiver on the two thirty at Ascot?

Can I ask you a question Blobby? What is the song that your line at the bottom is from. It is doin my heed in cause everytime I read your posts I sing it but can't for the life of me think what song it is?
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Can I ask you a question Blobby? What is the song that your line at the bottom is from. It is doin my heed in cause everytime I read your posts I sing it but can't for the life of me think what song it is?

it came from facebook and grew :lol:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    (and I can confirm that the swear filter has finally been reinstated).
    Well at least they seem to have sorted out some of the anomalies but I still think that having a swear filter at all is offensive and insulting. Notwithstanding that it would make discussion of the work of authors **** Francis or Philip K. **** impossible, or that it imputes obscenity to the nursery rhyme 'Who killed **** Robin', we are all adults here and capable of making our own choices about what is appropriate language without this prissy and infantilising censorship.
  • truecockney
    truecockney Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    It's something Handy Andy made (in)famous by releasing it in the charts a fair few years ago!

The actual name is "If I Had A Hammer" :)
  • jewels.p
    Options
    It's something Handy Andy made (in)famous by releasing it in the charts a fair few years ago!

The actual name is "If I Had A Hammer"

:lol: no way....................duh! I was trying to think of the name of it and it was staring me straight in the face!
  • jewels.p
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    it came from facebook and grew

Intrigued...... tell me the story please cause I aint on Facebook?:001_smile:
  • A-Vic
    Options
    it came from facebook and grew

Intrigued...... tell me the story please cause I aint on Facebook?:001_smile:

awwww well you will have to get facebook then lol
  • jewels.p
    Options

awwww well you will have to get facebook then lol

Don't you think I spend enough time on here? If I joined that I wouldn't have time to study never mind do my job!:laugh:
  • blobbyh
    Options
    CJC wrote: »
    Well at least they seem to have sorted out some of the anomalies but I still think that having a swear filter at all is offensive and insulting. Notwithstanding that it would make discussion of the work of authors **** Francis or Philip K. **** impossible, or that it imputes obscenity to the nursery rhyme 'Who killed **** Robin', but rather that we are all adults here and capable of making our own choices about what is appropriate language without this prissy and infantilising censorship.

Too bastarding right, Chris... (that one got through...)
  • anniem
    Options
    Just as well the song was only 'If I had a hammer', instead of 'If I had a ****ing hammer'!!!!!
Privacy Policy