No one should fail aat exams

Options

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    RowanB wrote: ยป
    Oh dear. Blobby's up to his old tricks of trying to bully people with childish put-downs.

:lol: again
  • RowanB
    RowanB Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    :lol: again

Yeah, you might find it funny Vic, but personal comments about people's level of intelligence are inciteful and have no place on this forum. I do lack intelligence, as Blobby insinuated, but people of all abilities are welcome to contribute on here, regardless of whether they're the 'village idiot', or the city rocket scientist.
  • Glynis
    Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    That's what blobbys good at. Parading around these forums like he owns them and shouting down anyone who dare have a different opinion than him.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    good grief is it freaks and geeks hour and if i wana laugh i will just because its funny how you and glynis feel the need to turn every thread forum as a stage for oooo am a bloody victim get over it and get a life
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    good grief is it freaks and geeks hour and if i wana laugh i will just because its funny how you and glynis feel the need to turn every thread forum as a stage for oooo am a bloody victim get over it and get a life

And it didnt filter 'bloody' either!! Brill. And Rowan, you bloody asked for that, comin on and insulting the way people have been talking and comparing on this thread. Well it makes perfect sense to me and it's obviously helped people. So shutup.
  • RowanB
    Options
    Glynis wrote: ยป
    That's what blobbys good at. Parading around these forums like he owns them and shouting down anyone who dare have a different opinion than him.

Thanks for saying this. I admire your honesty. It's a pity others aren't as courageous as you.

The point I was trying to make, which I believe is perfectly valid, was that when I need a taxi driver to get me from A to B, it's not likely to make much difference whether it's Lewis Hamilton that gives me the lift or anyone else with a driving license.

Now, would you want to employ an AAT qualified individual who has achieved the all-time highest average score in their AAT assessments, over another person with the same qualification and work history? Why not? Their ability to perform accounting tasks, knowledge of the field and capacity to learn and develop is more strongly attested by their AAT performance, hence the logic behind giving extra credit to exceptional AAT graduates through the introduction of a grading system.

I'm quite happy with the current pass/fail setup, but even 'the village idiot' can expose the pilot/driver analogy as a blatent fallacy, although I have perhaps demonstrated my idiocy in failing to contemplate the inevitable backlash of expressing a view that conflicts with something Blobby has said.
  • RowanB
    Options
    Rachey wrote: ยป
    And it didnt filter 'bloody' either!! Brill. And Rowan, you bloody asked for that, comin on and insulting the way people have been talking and comparing on this thread. Well it makes perfect sense to me and it's obviously helped people. So shutup.

Oh, I see, a directly insulting comment about my lack of intelligence is perfectly vindicated by me saying something that happens to contradict someone else's view.

Another thing we often see when Blobby implements his notorious bullying tactics, are numerous sycophants fighting to jump aboard his bandwagon.
  • Rachey
    Options
    Oh, I see, a directly insulting comment about my lack of intelligence is perfectly vindicated by me saying something that happens to contradict someone else's view.

Another thing we often see when Blobby implements his notorious bullying tactics, are numerous sycophants fighting to jump on his bandwagon.

So i'm a sycophant. And you're a knob head.
  • RowanB
    Options

lol. Great post. I've been quick to quote this in case it gets deleted. It just epitomises the depths certain people on this forum stoop to when someone dares express something that happens to conflict with their view.
  • Rachey
    Options
    lol. Great post. Please don't delete this. It just epitomises the depths people on this forum stoop to when someone dares express something that happens to conflict with their view.

That is what you did also. You didnt like the comparisons made and decided to view your stupid opinion rather than just keep out of it. I have no intention of deleting this, or of editing my every post.
  • RowanB
    Options
    That is what you did also. You didnt like the comparisons made and decided to view your stupid opinion rather than just keep out of it. I have no intention of deleting this, or of editing my every post.

Erm.. There's a big difference there. I actually substantiated my counter-argument, and didn't direct personal insults at those who held the argument I was contesting. I challenged an opinion rather than launching a personal attack on anyone who expressed that view.

Ironically, you've just done what you're complaining about me doing in describing my opinion as 'stupid'. I don't take that personally. That just means you think an opinion I have expressed is unjustified. However, I might be more convinced by your assertion if you were specific about what is actually 'stupid' about it.
  • Rachey
    Options
    Erm.. There's a big difference there. I actually substantiated my counter-argument, and didn't direct personal insults at those who held the argument I was contesting. I challenged an opinion rather than launching a personal attack on anyone who expressed that view.

If you want to get all childish then you threw the first personal insult at me. Which contracdicts what you are saying.
  • RowanB
    Options
    If you want to get all childish then you threw the first personal insult at me. Which contracdicts what you are saying.

I said that often sycophants jump aboard Blobby's bandwagon, and I was responding to a criticism you directed at me.

You may or may not be one of the sycophants that blindly support Blobby's attempts at victimising me. I was making a suggestion that you should consider why you're actually defending Blobby's personal attack on me.
  • A-Vic
    Options

Ironically, you've just done what you're complaining about me doing in describing my opinion as 'stupid'. I don't take that personally. That just means you think an opinion I have expressed is unjustified. However, I might be more convinced by your assertion if you were specific about what is actually 'stupid' about it.

and all i read is wahhh wahhh wahhh :lol:
  • Rachey
    Options
    and all i read is wahhh wahhh wahhh :lol:

and a couple more wahhh's
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options

Sorry, why has the forum descended to petty bickering and mudslinging?

Not impressed.
  • exam panic
    exam panic Registered Posts: 157 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    stop guys I just put this post on when I was very drunk and upset because I applied for some jobs in accounting but No one have a look at my CV even thought I passed some of my aat exams.
  • RowanB
    Options

Not impressed.

Well, I think Blobby's comment about me being 'the village idiot' just because I said something he disagreed with might have been the catalyst. I hope 'petty bickering' and 'mudslinging' aren't references to anything I've said.
  • Rachey
    Options

Not impressed.

I like how you quote mine rather than the many he has posted. If you review the stats i think you'll find this is the first heated discussion i've been involved in, and from the very start of Rowans posting, that has been his very intention.

I shouldnt have got involved to be honest, because i know that he is just doing it for the thrill, as he has previously shown. He just came across as being a hypocrite, and that is something i hate.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Well, I think Blobby's comment about me being 'the village idiot' just because I said something he disagreed with might have been the catalyst. I hope 'petty bickering' and 'mudslinging' aren't references to anything I've said.

could it have something to do with the fact you are the "village idiot"
  • Rachey
    Options
    I feel a little awkward now because i'm a very very easy going person and this is funny to me. I want to apologise to anyone that has actually been offended by this. And lets be honest, it's a silly thread to be arguing over.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I'm not au fait with posters history on the forum so took the recent posts on this thread at face value.

Rachey I quoted you because you said it and it leapt out at me as out of order. You called someone a knob head. It was uncalled for, imo. Healthy, eloquent debate is fine. Name calling is not.

Edit: couple of posts added since I typed this.
    Rachey don't worry about it. As I said, I don't know the history of the poster but a general rule of thumb is Do Not Feed The Troll if that's what you feel someone is.
  • RowanB
    Options
    could it have something to do with the fact you are the "village idiot"

lol. Maybe I am Vic, but that doesn't mean people have to stoop to personal levels in calling me that.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    lol. Maybe I am Vic, but that doesn't mean people have to stoop to personal levels in calling me that.

welcome to forums we are grown ups and can take it and if your afended by something said i think you may need to get broader shoulders. Plus the fact this was quite a normal thread till you joined says something
  • A-Vic
    Options
    I'm not au fait with posters history on the forum so took the recent posts on this thread at face value.

Rachey I quoted you because you said it and it leapt out at me as out of order. You called someone a knob head. It was uncalled for, imo. Healthy, eloquent debate is fine. Name calling is not.

Rachey don't worry about it. As I said, I don't know the history of the poster but a general rule of thumb is Do Not Feed The Troll if that's what you feel someone is.

monsoon welcome to the rowan glynis and richard k show please fasen your seat belt and enjoy the ride
  • A-Vic
    Options
  • RowanB
    Options
    monsoon welcome to the rowan glynis and richard k show please fasen your seat belt and enjoy the ride

No, no. Please don't join in with Blobby's game of trying to group together everyone who has found things he has said offensive. I didn't even know who Glynis was till today! She's an individual who Blobby has offended. I don't think Richard has even posted for a while. This has nothing to do with people joining together for a common cause, although unsurprisingly, Blobby has previously tried to conflate the identities of those that have had a problem with him, as if it's impossible that more than one person could find him offensive! All three of us have had very specific problems with things he has said about us, and I don't think Glynis or Richard will be too happy about being swept into this 'anti-Blobby' bracket.
  • Rachey
    Options

I know what you mean, and if you want me to be honest... I was seeing what words i could get through the filter. That's what an interesting Saturday i'm having!! Better get back to All Star Mr & Mrs now, haha!
  • RowanB
    Options
    Yeah, don't worry Rachey. I wasn't offended by anything you said.
  • Rachey
    Options
    Yeah, don't worry Rachey. I wasn't offended by anything you said.

Everybody has differences of opinions, that's why we're all unique. I have a feeling there's going to be fireworks on another thread soon, so i'm going to let this one die it's death. I may just sit and 'observe' this one though, incase i get a little carried away again...!
Privacy Policy