Sorry another Job seach thread

Options
2»

Comments

• SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    I agree will blobby

They should be pleased that you are dedicated to your work and loyal.
    I would question the integrity of a prospective employee who was prepared to put her present employer at risk in order to attend an interview with me.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I arranged it for the Tuesday instead, still a lot of issue at work to get the time off (as they don't know about the interview) but better suited for my workload.

Still picked one of the worst times to be applying for jobs and getting to the interviews, but I also don't want to hope that the job comes along in another month's time.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Andy, how did it go yesterday?

Anniem, good luck today, go get that new job!
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Good Luck Annie
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    and????

any news?????
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Sorry, it was on a different thread, I've cut and paste:

Anyway, I've just got back from the interview and am happy that I did OK.

60 applicants were whittled down to 6 interviewees, so I was pleased to just get a foot through the door.

The job is ideal and I could cover everything with the knowledge that I had, brill. A couple of technical questions as I was interviewed by the Estate Manager and the FCA Company Accountant (who did the technical bit).

I handed in my medical form, which they didn't look at then and there. Yesterday I was told that I'm getting my new hip on 4th May, so I did tell them at the end of the interview. He said "If you were back at work within 48 hours of giving birth then a hip replacement won't hold you back" which I thought was really positive.

Before I went in I had been waiting with the current accountant who is retiring on 30th June, so I figured that I have time to have my hip replaced and still have some in house training before his retirement - fitting exams in the middle somehow.

All in all I think probably 8 or 9 out of 10 at interview.

Wait and see now. Expect to hear on Friday or Monday, as they are interviewing again on Thursday.

I'm happy.
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    anniem wrote: »
    Sorry, it was on a different thread, I've cut and paste:

Anyway, I've just got back from the interview and am happy that I did OK.

60 applicants were whittled down to 6 interviewees, so I was pleased to just get a foot through the door.

The job is ideal and I could cover everything with the knowledge that I had, brill. A couple of technical questions as I was interviewed by the Estate Manager and the FCA Company Accountant (who did the technical bit).

I handed in my medical form, which they didn't look at then and there. Yesterday I was told that I'm getting my new hip on 4th May, so I did tell them at the end of the interview. He said "If you were back at work within 48 hours of giving birth then a hip replacement won't hold you back" which I thought was really positive.

Before I went in I had been waiting with the current accountant who is retiring on 30th June, so I figured that I have time to have my hip replaced and still have some in house training before his retirement - fitting exams in the middle somehow.

All in all I think probably 8 or 9 out of 10 at interview.

Wait and see now. Expect to hear on Friday or Monday, as they are interviewing again on Thursday.

I'm happy.

That is great Anna :)

When would you need to start the new job if they would offer it to you?
Privacy Policy