Quick Question

Options
Dipak Thanki
Dipak Thanki Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I was looking into a few courses at university that I wanted to do, after I have completed my AAT qualification. I am interested in going to Essex university to do BA Accounting with Economics.

My question is that, after I have graduated and start looking for jobs to do ACCA, because I don't have A-Levels, will it make a significant difference? In terms of finding a good job to continue with chartered accountancy? Or will my AAT qualification + degree (hopefully at least 2:1), be enough?

Thanks, Dipak

Comments

• Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    My question is that, after I have graduated and start looking for jobs to do ACCA, because I don't have A-Levels, will it make a significant difference? In terms of finding a good job to continue with chartered accountancy? Or will my AAT qualification + degree (hopefully at least 2:1), be enough?

Not that I'm trying to dissuade you but, in my experience, your A-levels are still very important to graduate recruiters. I have A-levels, but with average grades (280 UCAS points), and most recruiters will not budge from their position of "minimum 320 points" (sometimes min 300). And no, they won't let you add the points from the AAT to it. So without A-levels, you're likely to find it even more difficult.
Privacy Policy