Had enough of revision?

SLM
SLM Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor โญ
Has anyone else tired of doing revision? I know I should be encouraging everyone here but I have just done so much I can't actually do anymore. I have gone over my practice exams so many times that I just remember the answers now. I'm doing my final two exams, PTC and BTC. PTC was a bit of a breeze so the past week or so I have been concentrating on BTC, keep getting the same things wrong though - always section 2 as well! But I just can't do any more...I am sick of it! Think I am going to give myself a break this weekend - going away anyway - then back to the books monday for one last look.
ยซ1

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    same here had a miassive revision day yesterday and feel shattered today so just basiclly reading today no note writing ect
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I've concentrated on DFS too much and am now messing up more on PTC- the easier of the two :( Plus it's hard to do past exam papers as all the figures and other things have changed!
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'm all fed up with it too, but only a week till the DFS exam, so no breaks anymore for me...

It seems my life exists of study and work. My average day is waking up, get ready for work, study till it's time to go to work, work, study more for the evening until one hour before bed time and try and relax for an hour.

So the past few days I gave myself (a bit of) the evenings off, stop more than an hour in advance, but I feel so fed up with it!

I do think it's normal just before the exams to feel this way though.

No weekend off for me though, last weekend to do some serious studying, so this is it. Anything I don't know after the weekend, I won't know before the exam anymore!
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Well only 4 more days including today, I'm just glad my exam's on Monday. I would just love to go away somewhere at the end of next week, even if its just for the one night, and somewhere cheap and cheerful. Suppose I shouldn't be greedy though as we're going on a week's holiday in the middle of July
  • SLM
    I didnt think it was a good thing at first being away all weekend, I actually originally thought the exams were last week when I booked it. But never mind I am going to enjoy it. I literally cant do much more I have exhausted all the past papers and have 2 A4 pads that are filled with answering past papers, extra questions etc. Monday i will just go over things again but that will be it for me...
  • jilt
    SLM go ahead and enjoy, its probably just what you need some relaxation before the exams, will recharge your batteries. Where are you off to?
  • SLM
    Glasgow - to watch Snow Patrol in concert - eek im excited!!
  • jilt
    SLM wrote: ยป
    Glasgow - to watch Snow Patrol in concert - eek im excited!!

Excellent have a great time!
  • Ampsie
    Ampsie Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    SLM wrote: ยป
    Has anyone else tired of doing revision? I know I should be encouraging everyone here but I have just done so much I can't actually do anymore. I have gone over my practice exams so many times that I just remember the answers now. I'm doing my final two exams, PTC and BTC. PTC was a bit of a breeze so the past week or so I have been concentrating on BTC, keep getting the same things wrong though - always section 2 as well! But I just can't do any more...I am sick of it! Think I am going to give myself a break this weekend - going away anyway - then back to the books monday for one last look.

I'm exactly the same as you, BTC and PTC and I've had enough!
    I remember it all one day and then it all goes out the window the next!
    But i've got the office to myself this afternoon so I'm going to try and get something done.

Enjoy Snow Patrol!

Ampsie
    :-)
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    lol my husband has said that as i want to watch the england match, if i study really hard i get more beer than i would if i didn't study so hard. bribary does work
  • Ampsie
    Good thinking Primble!

So if i study REALLY hard at work for the rest of the afternoon i can get a bottle of wine on the way home!

I fell better already!

Ampsie
  • Primble
    Ampsie wrote: ยป
    Good thinking Primble!

So if i study REALLY hard at work for the rest of the afternoon i can get a bottle of wine on the way home!

I fell better already!

Ampsie

lol 2 bottles!! 1 if you work 2 if you work hard
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'm lurking here again. Been doing past papers this morning and I DID BAD ..... REAL BAD!!!!

I know that I know it, but just keep pulling out the wrong figures to work with - I must read the questions and think more instead of rushing/panicking!

I haven't done a timed paper yet, and there are only 3 whole days until PEV on Monday.

I'm doomed!!! :lol:
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Rinske
    That's 3 bottles for tonight then! 1 for if you work and 2 if you work very hard, so t3 in total for good measures! I like it, if I work really hard, it just means I get to study really hard when I get home.

However next week Thursday I'll get myself a bottle of wine (or most likely a few more) on the way home and see they get emptied on the day.... Most likely by me... Who cares about work on Friday....
  • Primble
    anniem wrote: ยป
    I'm lurking here again. Been doing past papers this morning and I DID BAD ..... REAL BAD!!!!

I know that I know it, but just keep pulling out the wrong figures to work with - I must read the questions and think more instead of rushing/panicking!

I haven't done a timed paper yet, and there are only 3 whole days until PEV on Monday.

we are all doomed
  • Rinske

No you probably just need a few bottles of wine as well!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    i was about to put a weeks leave in for the whole of next week as i am getting nowhere fast. i phoned my friend in hr and she has said i am entitled to 5 days study a year - BONUS, so next week i am off to study.

i feel very nervous about my exams and i want this next week to really drag so i can cram as much as i can in, but i have a bbq on saturday afternoon rolling into the evening, so i am going to study up to and after that.

one more week...one more week...

we can do this (and after we can drink lots of dirty beer and wine lol)

Tracy
  • jilt
    taskey wrote: ยป
    i was about to put a weeks leave in for the whole of next week as i am getting nowhere fast. i phoned my friend in hr and she has said i am entitled to 5 days study a year - BONUS, so next week i am off to study.

i feel very nervous about my exams and i want this next week to really drag so i can cram as much as i can in, but i have a bbq on saturday afternoon rolling into the evening, so i am going to study up to and after that.

Tracy

Don't have dirty beer Tracey it wil make you poorly
  • taskey
    jilt wrote: ยป
    Don't have dirty beer Tracey it wil make you poorly

all beer is dirty lol vodka and coke is my tipple
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

Jammy!

Do you have any exams planned in December? Hope not or you've blown your 5 study days, unless December is in another year????

Mind you, if you're completely pissed I suppose you don't care :lol:
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    ooooo beer (homer drule)
  • Ampsie
    Just managed BTC June 2009 in 90 minutes. A few hiccups but not toooo bad.
    Going to try December 2008 before i go home.
    If that goes well I think i will have worked hard enough to upgrade from a bottle of wine to Jack Daniels and diet coke!

MMMmmmmmmmm

Ampsie
    :-)
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I am totally peed off revising as well. My exams arent till Thurs and Fri next week but kinda wish they were at the begin of the week to get it over with. I was feeling confident enough on DFS until I did a couple of Practice Exams out of the Osbourne Book this week and they were nothing like the past papers I already attempted on AAT Website. So my confidence has been knocked. I emailed my tutor and he said that I shouldn't panic as all my work submitted has been excellent and the questions in the Osbourne Book are done to the old format. I think we all start to think the week before the exams that we know nothing!

I am half considering not revising at weekend as I feel that I am gonna start to panic if I revise non stop until Thurs.

Same old - two weeks before exam feeling more confident
    Week before confidence dwindling
    Day of Exams confidence zero! :laugh:
  • Rinske
    I'll be studying hard over the weekend and then it just stops till Wednesday. Wednesday I reread all my notes once and that's it for me for my DFS exam. Although I am considering for Monday and Tuesday morning to read the notes on the standards I got again, rather than nothing, just to keep it in my mind.

I don't believe in last minute studying, as it only makes me worried and nervous for nothing.
  • taskey
    Jammy!

Do you have any exams planned in December? Hope not or you've blown your 5 study days, unless December is in another year????

Mind you, if you're completely pissed I suppose you don't care :lol:

i am planning on doing cima (accidentaly wrote coma lol) and i will just work extra to make up the time, my boss is pretty good, but this week he is killing me as he keeps finding me jobs to do the minute i pick up an exam paper. so i am taking advantage and using all of my study days
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I was planning on an alcohol free weekend b4 exams, but how can I with an England game on? I'm going to attempt going to the pub 'for a couple'!

Luckily my boss is on holls next week so I can study at work!
  • Primble

Tracy

Krombacker?
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    lol 2 bottles!! 1 if you work 2 if you work hard
    Might as well get 3 then, there's a big discount on the 3 for ยฃ10 ones.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hey Taskey,

Do you drink that Apelkorn stuff it's from Germany..........that is poison! I was at a BBQ last summer and one of the guys there persuaded me after a few vodkas to try some.......and then some more..............and then some more. I was ill for days and my other half ended up falling out with me cause he said I was jumping on the hosts new inflatable chairs that he had bought for his kids (I wasn't that I remember but he says I was!)

I have never felt so ill with alcohol and will never touch Apelkorn again. As soon as I have a few vodkas I am will try anything though!..............To a certain extent! :lol:
  • Ampsie
    I've been doing past papers for BTC, but have decided that going back past last year is pointless as the rules have changed so much that it just confuses me!

I'm re-doing the ones in the Osbourne books, but i'm finding i remember the answers now!

So apart from going over and over the rules and order of doing things i'm running out of revision ideas!!!

Anyone else in the same boat?

Ampsie
Privacy Policy