Had enough of revision?

2ยป

Comments

• noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Me too - just doing osborne books but I make the same silly mistakes over and over again. Just hope on the day that I remember to add interest back with calculating PCTCT!!
  • Ampsie
    Ampsie Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Here's a daft one i got stuck on. Question 1.4 on BTC Dec 2009.

Business does accounts to 30th April each year. Ceases trading on 31st January 2009.
    Calculate the Class 1 nat ins contributions.

So, the year ending 6/4/2008 would have already been paid. So from 06/04/08 - 31/01/10 it would be 2.30 x 52x10/12 = ยฃ99.67

So how is the answer ยฃ98.90 ??

What am i missing - it looks so straightforward!

Ampsie
  • valentino46
    valentino46 Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    you have the wrong figure for the weekly NIC i think, isnt it ยฃ2.40

rob
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    apfelkorn is the devils vomit it is so strong you could strip paint with it. it is classed as schnapps - and the germans go mad for it, it is all regional too, so you could go down south and it is not as potent.

now there are various types of schnapps with various flours etc (archers etc is the english versions). when we go skiing we survive on schnapps and gluhwein with a shot of rum or whisky (eases the knees i am told lol)

the thing us brits go mad for out here is jagerbomb, which is a double shot of jagermeister (again a schnapps - for the knees) and a can of redbull. we do the old knock them into the glass etc (look on youtube for jagerbomb) and it is a good way to start the night. the first time i went out and drank it, i was awake for the night and the following night, but no hangover - RESULT!!
  • noodles
    43 weeks * ยฃ2.30 it is as simple as that, i think you are making it too complicated by putting it into months
  • Ampsie
    43 weeks * ยฃ2.30 it is as simple as that, i think you are making it too complicated by putting it into months

Thanks - i think you're right, I'm starting to complicate simple matters! lol

Cheers
    Ampsie

ps Rob - i was doing a 2009 paper so the amount was ยฃ2.30 then, but thanks for pointing that out, it's usually the sort of daft thing i do!!
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    taskey wrote: ยป
    apfelkorn is the devils vomit it is so strong you could strip paint with it. it is classed as schnapps - and the germans go mad for it, it is all regional too, so you could go down south and it is not as potent.

now there are various types of schnapps with various flours etc (archers etc is the english versions). when we go skiing we survive on schnapps and gluhwein with a shot of rum or whisky (eases the knees i am told lol)

the thing us brits go mad for out here is jagerbomb, which is a double shot of jagermeister (again a schnapps - for the knees) and a can of redbull. we do the old knock them into the glass etc (look on youtube for jagerbomb) and it is a good way to start the night. the first time i went out and drank it, i was awake for the night and the following night, but no hangover - RESULT!!
    Schnaps are a great way to get drunk, just like shots. My wintersport holidays always had plenty of apres ski schnaps and gluhwein, but we didn't take anything for my knees like you suggest for skiing, I should remember that for the next time, if there will ever be a next time that is! I really should try that jagerbomb at some point!
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    taskey wrote: ยป

WHICH EXAM PAPER IS THIS????? I GUESS IT'S ONE YOU'VE ALREADY TAKEN AND PASSED (OUT) :lol:
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Rinske
    anniem wrote: ยป
    WHICH EXAM PAPER IS THIS????? I GUESS IT'S ONE YOU'VE ALREADY TAKEN AND PASSED (OUT) :lol:

It's probably related to MAC (Messy Accounting Concepts)
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    no it is DFS (drink funny spririts) and PTC (p1ssed and talking cr&p)

:)
  • Ampsie
    Or could it be BTC - Beer Tokens Concept!
  • Flying Scarlet
    Flying Scarlet Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor โญ
    Been a very long week now & Im done in!!
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Get your gladrags out & take a break!
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Well chaps and chapesses, 2 more days to exam week! Luckily I only have one exam to sit. Here's to a productive weekend for all, no stress, no tears!
  • Rinske
    My weekend does not seem to become productive, so far I'm attempting one exam and it already goes wrong on task 1.2.

I always seem to end up doing everything wrong in the weekend before the exams, so maybe I should just not attempt papers, but just do something else to study!
  • jilt
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    My weekend does not seem to become productive, so far I'm attempting one exam and it already goes wrong on task 1.2.

I always seem to end up doing everything wrong in the weekend before the exams, so maybe I should just not attempt papers, but just do something else to study!

What about reading the text book, particularly the chapters you're not so hot on.
  • jilt
    Actually have a laugh at my expense and take your mind of exams for a minute.

We're going on holiday next month and last week I booked a hotel and airport parking. When I booked it they said they'd send an email confirmation, the tickets arrived thi morning from the holiday company and I realised I'd not had the email regarding the parking etc.

We have a problem, I can't remember who I booked it with, was sure it was Britannia Country House hotel Manchester but their central reservation say they've nothing booked in my name! How embarrassing!!

I'll have to wait until next Thursday when I'm back in my office and check the browser history. What a donkey!
  • Rinske
    jilt wrote: ยป
    What about reading the text book, particularly the chapters you're not so hot on.

I will be rereading all my notes soon, but the not-so-hot-on stuff is all the written tasks, which I find very hard to improve by just rereading my notes/ the book.
    jilt wrote: ยป
    Actually have a laugh at my expense and take your mind of exams for a minute.

We're going on holiday next month and last week I booked a hotel and airport parking. When I booked it they said they'd send an email confirmation, the tickets arrived thi morning from the holiday company and I realised I'd not had the email regarding the parking etc.

We have a problem, I can't remember who I booked it with, was sure it was Britannia Country House hotel Manchester but their central reservation say they've nothing booked in my name! How embarrassing!!

I'll have to wait until next Thursday when I'm back in my office and check the browser history. What a donkey!

That's pretty bad of them as well though! Whoever they are, if they didn't confirm it.
    I would guess you are rigth and they just didn't book it in properly!

Hope you sort it all out Thursday and otherwise you'll just have to walk to the airport :lol:
  • aimeexox
    aimeexox Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor โญ
    Im exactly the same on the written parts. Im terrified of sitting my pev exam on monday, the written stuff just doesn't seem to want to go in!!
  • anniem
    I've just been working on an old PEV Section 2 and couldn't even interpret the bloody question!

Sometimes they are just so wordy and ambigous it just wants you to yell 'get a grip and put it in plain english' to the examiner!

My head hurts now ........
  • noodles
    Im just sat in the garden re reading the whole of the BTC book from front to cover and doing the exercises. I think i will just do business tax until monday night and then i will pick up DFS tue evening and then just study thur afternoon for the personal tax.
    Role on 5 oclock then i think i will study with a glass on wine in one hand and a burger in the other!!
  • Rinske
    That sounds good to me, although I think I will pass on the burger!
  • jilt
    Im just sat in the garden re reading the whole of the BTC book from front to cover and doing the exercises. I think i will just do business tax until monday night and then i will pick up DFS tue evening and then just study thur afternoon for the personal tax.
    Role on 5 oclock then i think i will study with a glass on wine in one hand and a burger in the other!!

Damn I'm late can you hang on 10 minutes? :lol:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    bugga i know when am loved not even an invite lol
  • anniem
    I can't smell any burgers cooking yet, have you put them on already?
  • Rinske
    On that note, my boyfriend just set of the fire alarm in our house trying to heat up some chicken.... I am so glad it's not for me!
  • anniem
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    On that note, my boyfriend just set of the fire alarm in our house trying to heat up some chicken.... I am so glad it's not for me!

Perhaps he'd be safer cooking eggs instead?
  • Rinske
    True! But I think he prefers chicken over the eggs.

Also the cat prefers it when he eats chicken as she might get some leftovers and with eggs she never gets anything!
  • noodles
    Had the wine and the burger followed by a wagon wheel - not the same as the ones we had as kids! Two days left!!
Privacy Policy