Dfs 2010 =)

Options
Julietta100
Julietta100 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Pheee I've just finished =) I thought that it was the easiest paper I've ever done=) Roll on =)
ยซ1345

Comments

• jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Definately seemed easier than I expected (after PCR in Dec 09, which blew my mind) but dont want to get too confident got PTC tomorrow and I havent been doing as much revision on that as I should have!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Wow you lot got home fast
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I only work ten minutes from centre and I did start writing in the reading time. Although come results time we might all see why I got home so fast, lol.
  • Julietta100
    Julietta100 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    jow774 wrote: ยป
    I only work ten minutes from centre and I did start writing in the reading time. Although come results time we might all see why I got home so fast, lol.

Same here=) I'm sure we all done well!! Everything balanced...no sneaky questions... That's how I like it =)
  • lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Well I had a go but had to walk out of the exam after doing half of section 1 as I just could not do it : ( Nearly didn't turn up so at least I had a go and by December I will know the subject off by heart.... will do this whether it takes me 2 attempts or 22. Hey ho.....
  • noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    i agree, i think it was a lovely paper and i wrote loads and felt very confident - yipee as was so fed up after business tax paper, personal tax left, off to study for a few hours x
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Nothing balanced for me but I know the errors I made after I came out the exam and I dont think they're that major. They caused it not to balance but it was just one little mistake in each of the financial statements. Section 2 was a breeze, they liked us this year :-) Overall ok, just a bit concerned about the little mistakes, hopefully I won't get penalised too much!!
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Rachey wrote: ยป
    Nothing balanced for me but I know the errors I made after I came out the exam and I dont think they're that major. They caused it not to balance but it was just one little mistake in each of the financial statements. Section 2 was a breeze, they liked us this year :-) Overall ok, just a bit concerned about the little mistakes, hopefully I won't get penalised too much!!

Remember this exam is a compenency test. You do not need to balance, but need to show your working to explain how you got your answers.

As long as you have shown your workings and they make sense, you are more likely to be marked as competent.

So don't worry about it and just relax.

I know you have worked very hard on this paper and we have every confidence that you will pass that paper.
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Everything balanced :) Finished about 11.30... only question I think I made an error on was the first IAS one (don't think we can write much more just yet) but still wrote something so fingers crossed.
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I'm home. am with Rachey on this one. they were nice to us and would have made silly mistakes. got so stressed on the way in though as there were 3 broken down vehicles on the way there that blocked lanes. one person was late because of it but not too late and another guy just scrapped in and still finished before me. someone finished while i was still on section 1. God knows how she done that. im now going to celebrate by tidying my stuff up. yay (and hubby will like that too as hes anoyed by the mess)
  • Primble
    Options
    Esme wrote: ยป
    Everything balanced :) Finished about 11.30... only question I think I made an error on was the first IAS one (don't think we can write much more just yet) but still wrote something so fingers crossed.

Esme, where did you sit it?
  • TraineeTaff
    TraineeTaff Registered Posts: 9 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Woohoo!!!

No nasty surprises, all balanced and full workings shown.
    Happy days!!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    back :)

horrendous journey getting there, motorway was backed up but was already on the slip road and could not turn around.

nice paper, was in there till the very last minute as i could not leave it unbalanced (call me anal, it would have annoyed me)

invigilator managed to stay awake, but swapped 3 times with 2 other people aarrgghh - i think i would rather have a snorer

cant remember any answers so will just wait and see if any you mention ring bells (or alarm bells lol)

Phew PTC next

Tracy
  • Primble
    Options
    taskey wrote: ยป
    back :)

horrendous journey getting there, motorway was backed up but was already on the slip road and could not turn around.

nice paper, was in there till the very last minute as i could not leave it unbalanced (call me anal, it would have annoyed me)

invigilator managed to stay awake, but swapped 3 times with 2 other people aarrgghh - i think i would rather have a snorer

cant remember any answers so will just wait and see if any you mention ring bells (or alarm bells lol)

Phew PTC next

Tracy

what is up with the roads today. even on the way back there had been an accident near (thankfully just after) where ihave to turn off
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I got everything to balance.Which is a surprise as I have never got anything to balance before in an exam.

Only thing I think I stuffed up on was the IAS (it was one of the easier ones too).

Back at three to discuss
  • C2XVT
    C2XVT Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Quite happy with that paper really, it was definately kinder than most of the previous papers IMO.

There were no real red herrings apart from me thinking i worked out my impairment loss wrong, but i stuck by my gun and went with it, then speaking to some of the others later it sounds like they got the same figure

Overall quite happy, couldnt have asked for a nicer paper
  • faith26
    faith26 Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    DFS today

Such a nice paper it was a resit for me from Dec 09 roll on Aug Business Tax not good MAc ok

Heres hoping
  • katie2620
    katie2620 Registered Posts: 5 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    C2XVT wrote: ยป
    Quite happy with that paper really, it was definately kinder than most of the previous papers IMO.

There were no real red herrings apart from me thinking i worked out my impairment loss wrong, but i stuck by my gun and went with it, then speaking to some of the others later it sounds like they got the same figure

Overall quite happy, couldnt have asked for a nicer paper

What impairment loss?
  • donnaalwill
    donnaalwill Registered Posts: 116 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Not long got home, finished at 11.20am so not too bad. Wow my hand ached though, I know I slipped up a little in section 2 by forgetting to factor a ratio into the report but I really hope I did enough to pass anyway as I think I justified everything I could. Section 1 was pretty much by the book I think, no surprises which I was surprised about considering it was a new examiner I thought they might want to make their mark and have a complete overhaul.
  • katz568
    katz568 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I enjoyed the paper, hoping I've done enough but not going to panic now.
    Katrina
  • mint
    mint Registered Posts: 14 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    i think the exam wasn't necessarily too easy; it was exactly how it should be!

There shouldnt be any trick questions, in a working day, in actual practise, anything we are not sure of we would surely look up and double check, expecially with the rules changing!

In the exam we dont have any reference or books so i think it's un-necessary to try and trip us up, the worded questions are hard enough without complications on the computations.

Todays exam was exactly how exams should be...in my opinion anyway!
  • JoeyDavis2010
    JoeyDavis2010 Registered Posts: 5 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I like it, I like it a lot :o) Messed up a bit on the IAS - like BTC in December, I spent quite a lot of time learning the hard stuff, only for it to not come up in the end!!! I know all the things that development costs have to demostrate, for example! Oh well, with a bit of luck I'll be starting ACCA in October (sort of), so I'm sure I'll thank myself for my efforts then!!

For once I also managed to get everything to balance, which is better than I managed in my Intermediate exams last year.

Nice way to end a rubbish week - how sad is this - exams have made me really look forward to getting back to work tomorrow!! Quick, somebody get me a life!
  • bemusedstudent
    bemusedstudent Registered Posts: 19 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    thought it was very straight forward ;-) much better than Decembers ECR and last Junes FRA, only 3 exams still to do in December LOL
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Wasn't too bad, probably messed up on the IAS question and my cashflow didn't balance... Ah well.
  • Esme
    Options
    Esme, where did you sit it?

Thorpe Adult Education Centre.. what about u?
  • Esme
    Options
    What impairment loss?

On the goodwill, it was 15% I think.. I got something .3 so rounded it down.
  • Primble
    Options
    Thorpe Adult Education Centre.. what about u?

lol Thorpe st andrew. were you the Blonde one i was referring to above? hehe. how did you do it?
  • Esme
    Options
    I was the second one out, sitting at front in second row. I did section 2 first, which only took about 20 mins then did the first half, the only thing I really had to think about was the inventories question which I think I got wrong, luckily everything else balanced.. even checked through twice.

Where were u sitting?
  • bobo
    bobo Registered Posts: 23 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    On the goodwill, it was 15% I think.. I got something .3 so rounded it down.

I left it like that
  • Primble
    Options
    I was the second one out, sitting at front in second row. I did section 2 first, which only took about 20 mins then did the first half, the only thing I really had to think about was the inventories question which I think I got wrong, luckily everything else balanced.. even checked through twice.

Where were u sitting?

seast 12 so just behind you.
Privacy Policy