Finding a study buddy

Options

Comments

• geek84
    geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi

I see what you mean by level 3 is do-able in 3 months. I hope to complete it in that time frame.

Janwal - You get a whole new set of books which contain the learning material for level 3. So, I don't think you cam look at anything in advance, unless anyone else can give advice to the contrary!
  • Nia
    Nia Registered Posts: 72 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Jan

if you want to get started before September, I would maybe suggest indirect tax (vat) or ethics. They are both relatively small units.

I'm not sure what's happening with VAT though - this year we continued to use 17.5%. I'm guessing that as 20% is the current rate, AAT exams will start to use this - so make sure that you have the correct book.

I know you are using kaplan books this year, but can I suggest that if you want to start off with spreadsheets that you get the osborne book instead.
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Hi Nia

Thanks for the info, we did use Kaplan this year but have been told next year we are using BPP. I have also managed to secure a free Spreadsheet course day with Kaplan on July 11th, I do know a little as I use spredsheets quite a bit at work but not so hot on formula.

AAT are changing to 20% VAT in August according to a e-mail they sent a while ago.

How is the study going?

Jan
  • Nia
    Nia Registered Posts: 72 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Osborne books are also very good (so I'm told), that's what we're using next year. Good luck for your exam next week!

I finished Level 3 last week and am starting to give some thought to the project for level 4 - want to get it sorted early, so I'm not under pressure whilst doing other exams. Have also looked at the budgeting paper and that seems straight forward, but not looked at anything else. Am planning on working a few hours a week over the summer, so my brain doesn't seize up :)

janwal wrote: Β»
    Hi Nia

Thanks for the info, we did use Kaplan this year but have been told next year we are using BPP. I have also managed to secure a free Spreadsheet course day with Kaplan on July 11th, I do know a little as I use spredsheets quite a bit at work but not so hot on formula.

AAT are changing to 20% VAT in August according to a e-mail they sent a while ago.

How is the study going?

Jan
  • lyndseywood87
    lyndseywood87 Registered Posts: 47 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hey All.

I am on my level 4 AAT with my local college, just sitting my first three exams now, PEV, DFS and External Audit. I am wondering if anyone wants to be study buddies?

Thanks

Lyndsey
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Hello Lyndsey

Send me a PM and we can swap emails. I've sat DFS now just have the rest!

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • geek84
    Options
    Hi Folks

Is anybody on level 3? If so, I am half way through it. Please send a PM and we can exchange subject knowledge and help each other along!!
  • acorrenti
    acorrenti Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    studdy buddy wanted

Hi

I am up for having a studdy "buddy"
    I am currently working in an accounts assistant role and have three modules of my AAT level 3 to go.
    Currently studying via Kaplan distance learning program and live in the Manchester area.

a.correnti@me.com

Look forward to your replies.

Andrew
  • GemmaS
    GemmaS Registered Posts: 178 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I've just started Level 2 with Premier training and feeling a bit isolated re chatting to people about the course and studying so i think a study group is a fantastic idea!

My email is g.stacey82@gmail.com
  • janwal
    Options
    Hi Gemma

Welcome aboard, how are you finding level 2 at the moment. I did it last year and really enjoyed it (except WEAF) this seams to have caused a lot of problems with quite a few. Can't guarantee I will know all the answers but shout if you need help there are lots of us on here and you get a lot of helpful advice.

Good Luck

Jan
  • nicd1981
    nicd1981 Registered Posts: 243 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi All,

im studying level 4 AAT and would love a study buddy, i just about to sit budgeting exam next month fingers crossed. I go to college 2 nights a week in knowsley liverpool

Thanks

Nic
    email: donnellynic@yahoo.co.uk
    Nicola Donnelly ,MAAT, MIP, CIMA Dip MA

Email: donnellynicola7@gmail.com
    Facbook Page: MEND Accounting
    Blog: http://wannabeanaccountant.blogspot.co.uk
    Twitter: @mendaccounting
  • geek84
    Options
    Hi Folks

I have got the Financial Statement exam coming up in 2 weeks time & am having major problems trying to remember the different IAS's (there about 20 different ones to remember).

Anybody already done this exam? Can you suggest the best way to remember the IASs?

Thank You.
  • Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Hi Geek,
    great idea started here, looks like it's really taken off.

Unfortunatly, IAS's you have to try and study them all. I have my Financial Statements exam with the college in early December, and we have been told there is no easy way around these as you can tested on any of them.
    I am having the same trouble as you, way too many to remember, not feeling confident.

I would like to say I would like to join the studdy buddy group I am doing level 4 through a college, please PM me, not to sure how good I will be though:-)
  • Moe
    Moe Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    hey geek84

i did my financial statement in july and i was a bit worried after the exam, but luckily i passed. Dont forget the ratios. Can gain a lot of mark in section 2 by learning all the ratio. Make sure you learn the IAS's fully because they do come up and quite a few of them come up. i went to the exam without learning IAS's properly and that was one of the reason why i was a bit worries. Anyway good luck with your exam

And if anyone is looking for a study buddy, send me a private message...i'm dong level 4 at the moment with personal tax, financial performance and ICAS to do.
  • GemmaS
    Options
    Hi Jan,

I'm finding the level 2 ok at the moment and I'm hoping to sit BA I&II in early December. Its all sort of slotting into place at the moment. The only thing is that the books I've been provided with don't have many examples/practice questions to work through, so i have ordered some more books off the internet to give myself more practice. Hopefully this will give me more confidence when it comes to the exams!

I've read on here that some people are studying level 2 and 3 at the same time. I've been thinking about doing this myself after I pass BA I&II (hopefully first time! :-D ) what do you all think of this... Is it advisable? How many study hours are people putting into level 3?

Gemma
  • janwal
    Options
    Hi Gemma

Which book are you using, have you been on the Osbourne Books and under e-learning there are some practice tests.

It depends how much time you can devote to studying, I can only do 1 level at a time as doing it at college, but I also work full-time as well so find it hard sometimes to juggle it all. I have just started level 3 and find it a big difference to level 2 but as I don't work with all aspects of accounting I knew I would, also the brain is getting a lot older now. Some people find it really easy, I find I tend to sometimes go over the top with study but can put into upto 10hrs a week + college.

Jan
  • GemmaS
    Options
    Hi Jan

I've been using the books provided and written by Premier Training. They seem to be good, I just feel i could do with more practice!! I'll have a look in the e-learning. I think its the kaplan books that I've just ordered so fingers crossed they help a bit more.
    I work full time as well so finding time can be difficult, but I'm really enjoying studying.... a lot more than I thought I would! Hopefully I can get through this level fairly quickly. I must admit that I'm a little concerned about WEAF after reading everyones threads on here about it :/

Gemma
  • babiekel
    babiekel Registered Posts: 26 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi All,

I am studying L2 with premier training too. I am finding it ok at the moment although i have had to ask my work colleagues a few questions a long the way to get my head around things.

I agree with you Gemma, there doesn't seem to be much practice to do in the premier books to keep your mind at it and to make sure you get the subject properly. Have you been filling in your revision kit too along the way? I didn't realise until the other day so i am going to go and catch up on that asap.

I'm a little confused with the layout of the course, i assume we do all assignments in ba 1 & 2 and then we get our first exams? Is that right?
    Can anyone recommend any books to help practice with?

Thanks,
    Kellyx
  • janwal
    Options
    Hi Kelly & Gemma

Gemma - I used Kaplan books last year and have ordered them as reference this year, they are easy to understand.

We are using BPP books this year and they do have a seperate question book for some subjects, but they are a bit expensive but may be worth looking at.

Janet
  • babiekel
    babiekel Registered Posts: 26 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Great, thanks Janet. I will have a little look for those books.

Kelly
  • GemmaS
    Options
    Hi Jan and Kelly,

Thanks for the info re books Jan! Ill have a look at the bpp books. The Kaplan ones turned up yesterday and I had a quick flick through them and they look good.
    I have been using the revision kit as well Kelly, which is why I ordered some more as will end up with nothing to practice with before the exam! As far as I understand it, we do all the assignments for BA I & BA II then the practice exams and then sit both exams aas close to each other as possible. Have you found an exam centre near you? I'm quite lucky as there is one only a few miles from where I live :-)
    Gemma
  • Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Hi Gemma & Kelly
    you have one assignment in level 2 and the rest are exams. So BA1 & BA2 will be two sepperate exmas.
    I had done level 2 & 3 at the same time, but I wasnt working when I first started.
    I would say, if your finding level 2 easy then concentrate on this and complete it quickly, as the next 2 levels are a step up. doing two at once is hard going and all my spare time was spent studdying

Good Luck
  • ordinarytom
    ordinarytom Registered Posts: 8 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi . im currently studying my level 2 after just graduating university with a 2:1 in i.t and business. i am currently ready to sit basic costing and learning "working effectively in accounting and finance". I am definitely looking for a study buddy as i have no motivation to do anything. I want to study more often.

For my BA1 and 2 , i did both test the same day. I didn't realise there was a BA2 book at first and left it till the last day to find out it was a completely extra subject i needed to learn for the exam... luckily kaplan provides mini revision note books for each module. I read the revision notes for Ba 2 the day before the exam and past it ;) i was so happy that it took me a day to learn/revise and do the test with a pass.

But this just goes to show my lack of motivation and i feel i really need a AAT study buddy to help me stay on track.

Please whoever is also doing the AAT lvl 2 add me tombennett89@hotmail.co.uk. And lets start studying together. id prefer to share mobile numbers so we can text each other when were studying and persuade each other to do it. But that doesn't have to happen if the other person is uncomfortable with it. i just need sum1 to push me and in return i will help them with subjects their stuck on and so on. Thanks for reading

Tom Bennett
  • ordinarytom
    Options
    hi, im look for a lvl 2 AAT partner as i am havin ga terrible time motivating myself to do the aat. Ive recently graduated uni with a 2:1 in i.t and business and after being a finance manager of an internal business i felt i really wanted to get into Accountancy. I just dont have the drive to complete the AAT. As there are no deadlines other than the ones you set urself. whilst at uni you were given deadlines.

i'm looking for a study buddy who will tell me went to study if they are etc. my email is tombennett89@hotmail.co.uk. i passed basic accounting 1 and 2 (number 2 i revised/learnt it all in 1 day before the exam, because i never knew there was a book for it, until i stumbled across it the day before my exam.i thought it was just basic accounting 1 split into 2 test lol, oh well i passed it so that's good. (if it wasn't for kaplans revision note books i doubt i would of passed it.

anyway yeh i would really like a study partner who will motivate me into working and in return i will help them out on anything they find difficult, as well as try to motivate them if they are having a off day. thanx alot. just give mean email if your interested.
  • ordinarytom
    Options
    i realise i sounded a prat in the other previous comments.

Is there anyone out there studying level 2 AAt that is willing to be my study buddy to help motivate each other. please comment on here or add my emaila ddress tombennett89@hotmail.co.uk. and lets get working ;)
  • apreech
    apreech Registered Posts: 43 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I am currently doing level 4, almost finished AAT! Would be happy to help any one out and help with motivation if needed. Feel free to PM me :)
  • geek84
    Options
    Hi apreech

Have you done any exams for level 4? I have my financial statements exam this Thursday !!
  • Abel
    Abel Registered Posts: 46 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    This sounds great. A study buddy sure helps when you are stuck or have questions. I study AAT LVL 2. Just finished my BA1 exams and going on to BA2. I live in N-W London. Email is alexandruabel@yahoo.com .If anyone wants to discuss course related topics get in touch.
  • apreech
    apreech Registered Posts: 43 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi Geek84

So far I have taken Financial Statments and Financial Performance. FNST was very tough and have to resist in about 6 weeks, I am still waiting for the results for performance.

How are you getting on? How did you find FNST exam?
  • geek84
    Options
    Good Morning

I am waiting for my results for the FNST. I think I have failed again !! However, I can't re-sit before 6 weeks. At the momet, I am preparing for my Budgeting exam and also started on the project.

How is every ome else doing?
Privacy Policy