ACCA results

Options
2ยป

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Professional Financial paper sorry not sure which one but she said the standard in it had her stumped bless
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I think that will be P2 - it is affectionately known as "the beast" and has been (unofficially) cited elsewhere as the most difficult corporate reporting paper of all the professional bodies.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    the thing is, its her tenth year of study as well so she had added pressure and even went on to say if this is another fail she packing in the lot i just hope she gets to the 50%
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Did the doctor recommend light exercise? I'm trying to do more now, cutting down on PC usage helps a lot.

He said that lack of excercise could be an issue. Even though I'm not overweight I haven't been too active since revision started. Have to back on Tuesday morning for another check.
    I've taken up starting to run by using the counch 2 5k program. Brilliant as it combines both walking and running and you end up running 5k in about 2 months.
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Thanks for that Tigger, just had a look on the net (even has stuff on youtube) & I'll give it a go this evening.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    i have downloaded the same thing on my ipod, it is a podcast and tells you when to run and walk. it is really good and it is only 30 minutes 3 times a week

Tracy
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    taskey wrote: ยป
    i have downloaded the same thing on my ipod, it is a podcast and tells you when to run and walk. it is really good and it is only 30 minutes 3 times a week

Tracy
    I agree and you can even add a little music playlist in it to move along too :)
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I think that will be P2 - it is affectionately known as "the beast" and has been (unofficially) cited elsewhere as the most difficult corporate reporting paper of all the professional bodies.

The Beast is quite fitting. I'm waiting for my P2 result. Didn't help when the girl sat next to me spent the whole 3 hour 15 min staring at the paper...
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    the thing is, its her tenth year of study as well so she had added pressure and even went on to say if this is another fail she packing in the lot i just hope she gets to the 50%

10th year of ACCA? Thought she'd just done AAT? The 10 year limit does add some pressure!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I'm pretty sure i'd give up after 3 years tbh
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Good Luck everyone!!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    PGM wrote: ยป
    The Beast is quite fitting. I'm waiting for my P2 result. Didn't help when the girl sat next to me spent the whole 3 hour 15 min staring at the paper...

10th year of ACCA? Thought she'd just done AAT? The 10 year limit does add some pressure!

shes FMAAT and hates this paper yep her tenth year
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    shes FMAAT and hates this paper yep her tenth year

Owch. I have my fingers crossed for her!
  • Andypandy
    Options
    I know 1 person that took 10 years & 1 that took 7, & they have complete & utter admiration from all of their colleagues. It shows so much about a persons' character to keep on going.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I know 1 person that took 10 years & 1 that took 7, & they have complete & utter admiration from all of their colleagues. It shows so much about a persons' character to keep on going.

Yeah absolutely. I have a lot of respect for people who have that much staying power, I know I couldn't do it!
  • Andypandy
    Options

I think that's the same one where some guy read through the paper, stated quite loudly "You're having a laugh mate" & walked out.
    There was an article about it in PQ magazine not so long ago.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options

What are the changes of a weak AAT student passing this paper?

one attempt?
    two attempts?
    theee attempts?
  • Andypandy
    Options
    I'd love to know the ACCA pass rates for ex AAT students also. F5 must be quite a struggle for those who haven't done PCR & PEV.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    sdv wrote: ยป
    What are the changes of a weak AAT student passing this paper?

one attempt?
    two attempts?
    theee attempts?

i think this is her 5th attempt
  • Clare Finch
    Clare Finch Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Is that 5 attempts at P2?

Fingers crossed she gets positive news tomorrow.

P2 is my baby...it just needs approaching with care and dedication...

Clare
  • A-Vic
    Options
    do you do advanced books for that paper clare?
  • Clare Finch
    Clare Finch Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Acca p2

Hi there,

You just need the students guide to IFRS ..but the more advanced chapters.

For example the 14 marks this summer on derivatives and hedge accounting is explained in an easy to understand and memory technique way on page 150 and 151...exactly what you needed for 14 marks...yet many students are saying it was a terrible question.

It really was not at all...but you had to have learnt your standards..

The other marks in this question were directly answered in the IAS 38 and IAS 16 chapters...it is a cumulative paper...yes you have some 'more advanced learn'...the 'red chapters' but the core standards are still examined.

Many June 2010 P2 students stated they hadn't heard of 'earnings management'...compulsory 9 marks but its where I start the book on page 4....

So if you use 'A students guide to IFRS' for AAT DFS or new AAT FNST..keep it...if you do ACCA it will get you through F7 and P2 too..!!

If your colleague hasn't got good news tomorrow..show her your copy...

But lets fingers crossed shes done it...let us know

Take care

Clare
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Will do even tho hope i dont have too, but is always handy to refer back too :)
Privacy Policy