Any holiday plans ?

steveJ
steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
As im off to sunny San Antonio in 2 weeks, just wondering if any of you lot have anything booked ?

Also, if any of you have been to San Antonio, any ideas on whats worth seeing ?
ยซ1

Comments

• ali the hero
    ali the hero Registered Posts: 14 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    hey, ive been to San Antonio once as my dad lives in Houston,
    went for a couple of days, went to sea world which is fun
    and went along a canal/river walk thing and found some great places to eat :)
    have fun
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I've got two weeks booked at the beginning of October. My sister is getting married (half way up a mountain near Fresno in California) so I'm going to fly to New York for a few days and then onto San Francisco for a few more before heading up the mountain for the wedding.

Have no idea at all what to expect, could be great, could be a disaster!!
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    we are looking forward to a weekend away to celebrate our first year anniversary ....after that is Christmas holidays for us one week in spain for christmas and the one week in ireland for the new year...

everyone enjoy your holidays!
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    We're off to Mykonos for a week in four weeks time. Am really looking forward to a trip to Delos a nearby island that is apparently one of the most important archeological sites in Greece. Haven't been away since May lasy year so we're ready for a holiday.
  • steveJ
    Sorry, ive just looked at my first post and noticed that i only wrote San Antonio ! i meant San Antonio Bay in Ibiza !! Going to be a clubbing holiday for 2 weeks. Anyone been there before ?

You lot have got some great holiday plans coming up...Bet you cant wait.

P.s The weather this bank holiday weekend as got me looking forward to it even more !!
  • jilt
    We must be mad cos now we're planning to go camping next weekend!!
  • r4chy
    r4chy Registered Posts: 30 Regular contributor โญ
    steveJ wrote: ยป
    As im off to sunny San Antonio in 2 weeks, just wondering if any of you lot have anything booked ?

Also, if any of you have been to San Antonio, any ideas on whats worth seeing ?

I went to Ibiza last year for a week, wish I was going again!!! Stayed in San Antonio bay had an awesome time!! Not sure whats happening over there this year but can definitely recommend Retro @ Eden on Saturday nights, Judgement Sundays at Eden (on sunday nights) we went to Carl Cox at Space which was amazing!!! Ohh i'm soooo jealous haha also make sure you wander up and down the beach during the day as there were loads of people giving out discount wristbands for the clubs errrr and also an amazing little bar at the bottom of the West End (I think its called ground zero) and also Bar Amsterdam for some cheap drinks offers and to doodle on their walls!!!!

Have an awesome time!!!!

Gotta wait til February for my hols :(

Rach
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    jilt wrote: ยป
    We must be mad cos now we're planning to go camping next weekend!!
    I personally love camping, but there is no way you can put someone with OCD in a tent or caravan, so unfortunately its not really an option at the moment.

So instead we now blow a lot of money on a holiday of a week, which could as well have been a three week camping trip and have spare money. Still, the holiday was really nice and I had some extra holiday spare to visit friends now for a long weekend, so it was worth it.
  • mickle
    mickle Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor โญ
    I went to Vegas,LA and Hawaii in March as a late birthday present. It was fantastic. However, an "incident" occurred on the flight returning home and we were offered some compensation so I have booked flights to Miami this October for a bit of last minute sunshine!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Oooh, Miami, we want to go there in the next 6 months.

I'm off to Canada in 2 weeks, I'm going to pole camp!! :D
  • mickle
    Monsoon- Hopefully I will have a positive trip report for you. It will still be hurricane season as we're there but fingers crossed nothing major will occur! I dont have much luck with weather abroad,always a drama.
  • steveJ
    r4chy wrote: ยป
    I went to Ibiza last year for a week, wish I was going again!!! Stayed in San Antonio bay had an awesome time!! Not sure whats happening over there this year but can definitely recommend Retro @ Eden on Saturday nights, Judgement Sundays at Eden (on sunday nights) we went to Carl Cox at Space which was amazing!!! Ohh i'm soooo jealous haha also make sure you wander up and down the beach during the day as there were loads of people giving out discount wristbands for the clubs errrr and also an amazing little bar at the bottom of the West End (I think its called ground zero) and also Bar Amsterdam for some cheap drinks offers and to doodle on their walls!!!!

Have an awesome time!!!!

Rach

Ive heard about this event that is held on every Saturday of the summer called "Project Zoo" ... The DJs and Mcs perform in a derelict zoo, a mile or so out of San antonio... We'll have to take the party bus to get there so cant wait for that.
    I did actually go 2 years ago and checked out Eden and Es paradis...Theres a great club in the middle of the shops called "Soul city"...that was really good for RnB.
    I never got to go to Space last time so thats a must this time....
    Did you get to see the Ibiza rocks ?
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I do plan to go to the real San Antonio!

But not this year sadly....
  • Marga
    we have several places we would like to go but cannot find the time for them!

- Boston - my friends moved back there last christmas and since then we havent seen them. They keep saying we have to go and visit
    - Sweden - my husband's brother's family have moved into sweden for 18 months and they keep asking us to go and visit
    - Paris - have friends that have been living there for 3 years now and we havent gone to visit yet and they might move to Spain this winter so we have limited time to decide if we are going or not
    - Canada - my husband's cousin lives there and most of her family has now gone to visit but us...would love to go as i have a friend in there too!
    - Portland - will be going hopefully next year if everything goes well to meet up with some more friends from over the world.
    - Switzerland - I WANT TO GO THERE!!! have friends who just moved house and they want us to be the first guests!
    - Germany - have two lovely girl friends there who live in the most remotely part of Germany and i would love to see them

Of course most of the above cannot happen cause our holidays keep being used to go to Spain and Ireland to see the family.
  • mickle
    Marga wrote: ยป
    we have several places we would like to go but cannot find the time for them!

- Boston - my friends moved back there last christmas and since then we havent seen them. They keep saying we have to go and visit
    - Sweden - my husband's brother's family have moved into sweden for 18 months and they keep asking us to go and visit
    - Paris - have friends that have been living there for 3 years now and we havent gone to visit yet and they might move to Spain this winter so we have limited time to decide if we are going or not
    - Canada - my husband's cousin lives there and most of her family has now gone to visit but us...would love to go as i have a friend in there too!
    - Portland - will be going hopefully next year if everything goes well to meet up with some more friends from over the world.
    - Switzerland - I WANT TO GO THERE!!! have friends who just moved house and they want us to be the first guests!
    - Germany - have two lovely girl friends there who live in the most remotely part of Germany and i would love to see them

I went to Switzerland this time last year. Spent a long weekend in Geneva to collect some cheap cigars. Its such a beautiful place. There was a slight chill in the air but the sun beamed every day for us. Lake geneva is very inviting.
  • lou123
    lou123 Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor โญ
    We're flying out to Madeira in the morning to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We didn't have a honeymoon so better late than never!
  • bumblebee
    bumblebee Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Thought to share with you all, just been to WDW Florida last month it was great! However no plans for any more as yet.
  • jilt
    Well I survived my first camping trip for 16 years! Off to Mykonos in 3 weeks then might fit one more camping trip in in October.
  • Marga
    i'd love to go to Greece....but a cruise on the meditteranean sea would be nice too
  • flower
    flower Registered Posts: 160 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Im off to Sydney in 8 weeks so counting down the weeks.
  • steveJ
    Two days til Ibiza !!
    My sister jumped on the plane this morning, so im a bit jealous at the moment...Cant wait to get out there now.
  • jilt
    Yeah I'm jealous too as it's really cold here this morning, roll on 2 weeks on Friday!
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    r4chy wrote: ยป

Have an awesome time!!!!

Rach

We're thinking of going to Ibiza next year, a group of about 6 girls and hiring a villa. Is it worth booking the club tickets off the internet before u go or getting discount wristbands?

I've just got back from a week in Turkey and went to Thailand in March.
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    some people have way to much holiday time in my opinion lol
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'm flying to Canada in a week!

I have 2 days left of work and I have about 2 weeks of work to cram into those 2 days. ARGH!!!!!!!!! :lol:
  • LeeS2009
    How long are you in Canada for?
  • Esme
    22 annual holl days is not enough in my opinion!!
  • LeeS2009
    Esme wrote: ยป

No you are quite right!! how many would be enough??
  • Marga
    Esme wrote: ยป

i am with you on that ...i always buy 5 more days!
  • Esme
    186 would be about right.. half the year :)
Privacy Policy