Struggling with Unit 6

Options
anniebabe
anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Really struggling to get my head around this unit - doing the NVQ route.
If i do not pass this before June - does this mean that I loose my whole qualification? have already passed Unit 7 and 5.
Bit confused where I stand with the new qualification coming in to action.

Thanks

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Really struggling to get my head around this unit - doing the NVQ route.
    If i do not pass this before June - does this mean that I loose my whole qualification? have already passed Unit 7 and 5.
    Bit confused where I stand with the new qualification coming in to action.

Thanks

you have till june next year and even if you dont complete you can tranfer your units to the new qualifacation :)
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    which bits are you struggling on? post some bits and we will all help you

Tracy
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Thats a bit of a relief then, takes a bit of pressure off. I was under the impression id loose everything.
    Tracy - struggling with high/low at the moment, everything is rushed through in class, we cover way too much to take in and only have 5 more lessons left then they want everyone to sit an exam!!!
    I was ok with 5 and 7, just seem to have a block on this unit, suppose it doesnt help when ive never done Management Accounts before. Feel a bit dumb at the moment. Havent got a clue when I am going to be able to do mock sims n stuff. getting disheartened with it all a bit.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    If you don't achieve Unit 6 before next June you'll have to do
    - Costs and Revenues
    - Cash Management
    - Spreadsheets
    - Professional Ethics
    to achieve Level 3 under the new standards. So quite a lot more work than what you have left to do at the moment! I would say it's vital that you get Unit 6 done under the old standards and achieve Level 3.
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • anniebabe
    Options
    coojee wrote: ยป
    If you don't achieve Unit 6 before next June you'll have to do
    - Costs and Revenues
    - Cash Management
    - Spreadsheets
    - Professional Ethics
    to achieve Level 3 under the new standards. So quite a lot more work than what you have left to do at the moment! I would say it's vital that you get Unit 6 done under the old standards and achieve Level 3.

Oh dear, I definately need to get my head down then, wont we have to do those at Level 4 then? as I wouldnt have done them at Level 3 old route?
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Thanks Sandy will look at those links.
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Does anyone know if there are any changes in the Unit 6 Sylabus? I am in a class but they are teaching new sylabus - but I am still doing NVQ with a simulation, is there any difference? anything they will not be teaching that I should look at?
    Thanks
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    I wrote all the blogs for Unit 6 and am using them still for the new unit.

My first advice is to master the topics you are looking at in class, trying to find differences can come later and any differences are small compared with the key knowledge required.

Once you have the knowledge, then look at the past exams (these have tended to be easier than the simulations) and if you spot gaps in your knowledge (possibly things you thought you knew, perhaps something no longer in the syllabus) then plug those gaps. Then look at the practice simulation (skills test) on the website and do the same again.

But I recommend mastering the subject area topic by topic, that will build your self-confidence. Try to put other questions to one side. There is many a revision student who is tempted to clean the oven rather than master a topic, if you find yourself trying to do something else, go somewhere where the distractions can't take your mind off the job.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Thank you for the advice Sandy. Much appreciated.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Oh dear, I definately need to get my head down then, wont we have to do those at Level 4 then? as I wouldnt have done them at Level 3 old route?

No, there's no carry over units under the new standards.
  • anniebabe
    Options
    sounds odd - so if they have moved cash management from Level 4 to 3 - I would totally miss it - having done the NVQ route? would I not struggle at Level 4 then?
  • A-Vic
    Options
    was asking the same question on this thread

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=28516
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Hi A-Vic
    Sorry I dont see an answer to my last question on your thread.

I am studying the NVQ Level 3 Unit 6. Just wondered if they are moving Cash Management etc... from the Level 4 to the new Level 3 - would I not be missing information that I will need at Level 4 - new route. or will I have to do the missing Units regardless.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    if you click the link it will tell you which you will need to transfer to the new qualifaction and what you will have outstanding
  • anniebabe
    Options
    will have another look at it. ta. :)
  • Sanelle
    Sanelle Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    CBE Unit 6

Hello, has anybody sat the CBE for unit 6 yet(old version). I did and failed, the questions are totally different and I hit a blank as I did not know what to do!! Anybody else feeling so silly like me?
  • anniebabe
    Options
    sorry I am doing a paper exam 29 November - dreading it. I am definately struggling with this unit too.
Privacy Policy