own figures

emma123
emma123 Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
For FRA, my tutor said that we weren't penalised if we carried our own figures through the rest of the questions provided we used the correct formulas etc. Does this apply in ECR as well?

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    It applies to all AAT exams, you will only be penalised once for any mistake
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    be careful though, if you are doing the computer exams, the computers wont necessarily be able to recognise that you have done the correct working, so you will get marked wrong, even though you have used the correct process.

I wonder if there is an appeals procedure? if you want to have it remarked by a human?
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    be careful though, if you are doing the computer exams, the computers wont necessarily be able to recognise that you have done the correct working, so you will get marked wrong, even though you have used the correct process.

I wonder if there is an appeals procedure? if you want to have it remarked by a human?

That doesnt sound very good does it? I am hoping to qualify before I have to do any CBE's as I dont fancy doing them at all. At least I can sit and scribble out what I've done in the paper exam and also show more workings.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    In the CBA's the questions don't follow on from previous ones so you won't need to use any answers from previous questions in subsequent questions.
  • JaffasGirl
    coojee wrote: ยป
    In the CBA's the questions don't follow on from previous ones so you won't need to use any answers from previous questions in subsequent questions.

Well thats a relief then! but at the same time, you would normally get marks for your workings, and it doenst seem like that will be the case now.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Where do you show your workings on the CBE?
  • JaffasGirl
    i dont know if you can, that said i havent taken a AAT one, only for the ICB, and there wasnt space to show workings.
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Where do you show your workings on the CBE?

You can't.

You need to be very very careful transfering figures from your workings papers (which are not marked) onto the screen.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
Privacy Policy