Can't get out for Snow!

Options
jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Don't know if I will make my exam tomorrow we have at least a foot of snow and the wind has got up and it's snowing again!

For the next two days on the weather Forecast the Snow is right over where I am.

Completely stressed out as this week is my last two exams! :sad:
ยซ1

Comments

• anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Sounds like you'd better roll up a sleeping bag and start walking to your exam centre already!!! :lol:
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Sounds awful, but do what you can. imagine how gutted yu would be if the roads nerer the centre were ok. although, out of interest, what happens if the invigilator cant get there?
  • jewels.p
    Options
    No idea what happens if the invigilator cant get there!

It is snowing heavy again so its not looking promising. I am sure I wont be walking 18 miles to the place where I am supposed to be sitting the exams. There are no cars even on the main roads and just spoke to a couple of people in town and the main roads havent even been cleared.

Where are all the bloody gritters and snow ploughs thats what I want to know. :mad:
  • Primble
    Options
    that sounds awful
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Awww Jewels hope it clears a little by tomorrow - i had the same problem last year but luckly managed to get in - if the worst happens id ring the AAT first thing see what they say am sure they will have a contingousy plan in case.

Best of luck hun
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Wasnt there another thread on here somewhere that basically said that the AAT dont care if you dont make an exam because of the weather it is just tough luck?
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Managed to get someone to come out and pick me up at the end of the road. Now in town at my Mums and gonna get up at 6 to see if buses are on. There are cars abandoned all over the place and people trying to dig themselves out. Buses are suspended just now and been told the road that I need to go on to get to my exam has cars abandoned and the gritters and snow ploughs cant get through.

Well if I don't get to my exam nobody can accuse me of not trying!:sad:
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Really hope that you can get to your exams OK, it would be a real shame to miss them because of snow after all the hard work you have put in. :(

Good luck.
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hey Jewels I'm not religious but I'll pray that you get to the exam venue. Besy of luck hun xx
  • anniem
    Options
    Managed to get someone to come out and pick me up at the end of the road. Now in town at my Mums and gonna get up at 6 to see if buses are on. There are cars abandoned all over the place and people trying to dig themselves out. Buses are suspended just now and been told the road that I need to go on to get to my exam has cars abandoned and the gritters and snow ploughs cant get through.

Well if I don't get to my exam nobody can accuse me of not trying!

Good for you Jewels! I really feel for you; all agro you could really do without when you're anxious enough about the exam anyway.

Fingers crossed for you ..... best of luck, you can do it!!!! ;)

Anna X
  • Jaylosan
    Jaylosan Registered Posts: 7 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    me too

Im sitting DFS on wednesday, and not sure what is gonna happen the snow is knee deep and still falling, the police are advising not to drive, so far busses have been running, pfft nightmare this!!!! Hope you get through, hope I get through, and above all else, hope we bloody pass!!!!
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Bloody great roads are now open but the college where I am meant to be sitting it is closed. Well this is definitely not my fault. I did everything possible and have been let down by the fact that the venue isnt open. Gutted!:sad:
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    jewels.p

I am very sympathetic.
    You do everything you can, and then someone makes a decision and it is all out of your control.
    I doubt AAT can make a closed college provide a room and invigilator, because the two are seperate organisations.
    I wish the college had thought about the implications of the decision and tried to accommodate you and the other candidates before closing for today.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    oh Jewels, what a shame. As Sandy said you have done everything you can and it is all taken out of your hands.

Tracy
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Very frustrating to have to put it nack to June :(
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Yeah especially cause it was my last two! Phoned the AAT and had to email them with details. :sad:
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Oh Jewels - I'm so sorry.

Perhaps, under the circumstances, the AAT would let you do the CBEs for the papers to save you having to wait til June. I know you're on the paper based route but it might be worth it to save wasting all that revision. It's the same knowledge that goes into them so it shouldn't be that different.

Worth a thought?
  • jilt
    Options
    Oh Jewels what a bummer!! After all that hard work and stress. I do hope the AAT will let you sit CBEs. Keep your chin up girl :001_smile:
  • anniem
    Options
    Bad luck Jewels. You may still be able to take the other exam later in the week. Any chance???
  • jilt
    Options
    Jewels A-Vic's asked me to let you know how sorry she is to here about college. She's in contact by text and not near a PC
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Thanks Guys! Other exam is tomorrow and it is snowing heavy again so doubt the College will be open tomorrow either.

Howd Vic get on Jill?
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Jewels I'm so sorry to hear that happened, that's so rough. I hope it resolves itself ok!

Jenni
  • Primble
    Options
    God that sucks. we had people turn up must've been halfway through. someone else had rung saying she couldn't get off her housing estate. i left just after 7 and got there at 9. had to drop hubby off before going and wymondham was solid as everyone was being diverted off a11 through there. the police were driving down the footpaths to get past! but it was ok because i went to my work and got my fav calculator!
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    oh no :( i am sooooooooooooo sorry to hear .....damn damn damn no fair ....

*huge hugs*
    Marga
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Just found out college is closed tomorrow as well so wont be sitting BTC either! :sad:
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    ok i am going to be a pain but can you go to the College and take a picture of the college actually being closed or get someone security or something where it says it is closed and get someone to sign this so in case you have to appeal you have physical proof that YOU were there?
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    take a photo of yourself with that days newspaper, they should believe that!

but surely if the AAT dispute it, they could call the college to confirm that they were closed those days. Also, was you the only person sitting the exam? because if no one else sends in a paper from that centre, surely that will help your case also.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Bloody great roads are now open but the college where I am meant to be sitting it is closed. Well this is definitely not my fault. I did everything possible and have been let down by the fact that the venue isnt open. Gutted!:sad:

Hey Jewels - so gutted for you pet i know how much you have worked on these papers keep us informed what the aat come back with - also arnt the papers avaliable on line after jan maybe you will be able to sit then ??? huggs petal
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    Don't panic

I think the AAT will not object to me publicising this email.
    Hopefully this might provide some reassurance to jewels.p

Dear Mr Hood

Adverse weather conditions and AAT December 2010 exams

We are aware that some areas of the country are experiencing adverse weather conditions that may affect the exams taking place this week.

If your centre and students have been adversely affected by the heavy snow, please let us know by return email

how your centre has been affected by the weather during the exam week
    if your centre had to close, on what days during exam week your centre was closed
    what alternative arrangements, if any, you were able to put in place
    how many exam students were affected each day
    what information you gave to your exam students, including any advance warnings, switch board and website messages.

We are considering alternative assessment arrangements, but we need more information from you before we can finalise the relevant actions. So please can you let us have the information requested by Friday 3 December, if possible, so that we can fully assess the situation. Once we have this information we will be able to update you in the week commencing 6 December 2010.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Yours sincerely

AAT Assessment Team
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Nikzzy
    Nikzzy Registered Posts: 9 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Having the same problem with the snow. Have to travel 40 odd miles to my exam centre but just going to have to leave very early and drive very slow. AAT seem to be very good under the circumstances though, think they are understanding.
Privacy Policy