Degree at Northampton Business School

Options
tomburns1987
tomburns1987 Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
Has anyone done the above? Or is anyone currently doing it? It is one of the options after completing AAT.

Would you say it is worth doing or should I go striaght on to do ACCA?

Regards,

Tom

Comments

• Daz1865
    Daz1865 Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I was looking at this too. Did you look any further into it?

£2,400 for a degree sounds like a bit of a bargain now. If they aren't too fussy about work experience being after qualifying, then I might consider starting in September next year.

I'm still undecided about studying for CIMA but this could open up a few other avenues.
    AAT is delighted to announce that AAT full and fellow members are able to gain enhanced access directly to the final year 3 of the BA (Hons) International Accounting degree, awarded at the University of Northampton and studied by distance learning.

There are only a limited number of places available to start the BA (Hons) top up programme which starts in September 2010. If you are interested you can view further information in the course leaflet by accessing the University website.

Where do I attend?

The course is delivered by supported e-based distance learning: you don’t have to attend classes at the University of Northampton.

What will it cost?

The total cost payable to the university for 2011/2012 entrants will be £2400

What does the course involve?

You will be expected to study five modules in total - four subject modules plus a dissertation

How long will it take me to achieve the degree?

It normally takes 15 months but there is some flexibility in the course so that you can take one module each semester , completing the course in around two years.

• Standard mode

Study two modules each semester (two between October to February and two between March to July) followed by a dissertation (July to December). First registrations are available from September 2010 and applications will be accepted during August 2010.

• Extended mode

Study one module each semester over two years followed by the dissertation.

What support can I expect?

You will be provided with all course materials and books where required, access to full time staff and full use of the University facilities on site or through the virtual learning environment (VLE).

What are the entry requirements?

All of the following apply:

1. AAT Level 4 (NVQ or Diploma pathway).
    2. A minimum of three years’ relevant work-based experience, ideally two of which should be post qualification.
    3. Full or fellow membership of the AAT.
    4. You must prepare a summary statement outlining your relevant skills, knowledge and understanding to enable you to gain direct enhanced admission to the final year of the programme. Download this Word document for more on preparing your summary statement.
    5. Your application will be reviewed by the AAT, who will recommend approval to the University or contact you.

If I achieve this qualification, what then?

You are eligible to enter post graduate programmes of any university worldwide that values a UK honours degree.

How do I apply and enrol?

Please email nbs@aat.org.uk and you will be provided with all the necessary information.
  • Roro1303
    Roro1303 Registered Posts: 38 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    this is definately one of the options i am going to consider once i finsh, will also register with CIMA
    £2400 is about the same amount i paid for L4 so it's a real bargain.

cheers
  • Roro1303
    Roro1303 Registered Posts: 38 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    this is definately one of the options i am going to consider once i finsh, will also register with CIMA
    £2400 is about the same amount i paid for L4 so it's a real bargain.

cheers
Privacy Policy