ACCA answers

Options
Glynis
Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Well after looking at the F8 answers I am really not happy with the paper. I just don't know how you're supposed to pass these exams when the questions are badly worded. The answers are nothing like I remember writing. I'm sure the examiners make it up as they go along. Does anyone else feel the same. It's a joke:(

Comments

• AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Yawn.... it's getting boring now, Glynis.

Also, this is a section for Technician, not ACCA.
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Glynis wrote: »
    . I'm a joke:(

And getting too predictable
  • Sazzler
    Sazzler Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Exams aren't there to trick you, the examiners don't get a kick out of setting questions no one can answer or understand.

I really think you need to re assess the career/study path you are taking, you seem to find it all impossible, interviews, exams even dealing with recruitment agencies. The worlds not out to get you Glynis, I think you are just trying to achieve something you aren't cut out for. Its not a failing I wanted to be a vet, went and did 6 weeks of it couldn't hack it at all, I was heartbroken it was all I had wanted to do from being a kid. I couldn't have bended to get round all the things I couldn't cope with or deal with about working at a vets, I just couldn't do it and I think you need to reassess whether you can actually do this. It seems to cause you a great deal of stress preparing for an interview and lifes too short to put yourself under that kind of pressure constantly.
  • mark057
    mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I really don't think this is a question of ability for Glynnis as you do not pass AAT and work in accountancy if you are completely inadequate.

Having read a number of posts from Glynnis, I feel it is an attitude issue and perhaps some self-doubt accentuating the belief she can't do it. I also think there is a lot of frustration boiling inside her because she is finding it difficult acheiving a work role she feels happy with.

I can understand your frustration Glynnis as I've struggled to find accountancy work. It can seem as if the world is against you sometimes, but the reality is the world is not fair and it really is up to you to do something personally about it because nobody will do it for you.

As for the ACCA exams, well I sat my first one in December (F4) and studied for the exam without tuition. The course is tough but I'd be pretty deflated if it wasn't.

To be a fully qualified professional accountant with ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CIPFA etc means you have to be one of the best. These qualifications don't get handed out for nothing.

You need to ask yourself a question now. How much do I really want this?

Stop moaning, find some money from somewhere to get some tuition and step up to the plate rather than looking for excuses. YOU CAN DO IT GLYNNIS.
  • jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Glynis

If they examinations weren't difficult what is the point of any professional qualification? Would you be treated by a Doctor whose exams consisted of "how do you treat an ingrown toenail" or one who has had every aspect of learning examined and even using some common sense approach?

Nothing is made to make our lives difficult with respect to these exams, it is not in the interest of the awarding body tbh. They want as many people to pass, that is why they have the league tables etc.

If you are really struggling it may be worth stepping back - going away from the learning for a bit and save up and get some tuition. I have never used them but everyone i work with has used them and find course and revision sessions an absolute must.

Maybe look at Sazzler's post objectively. If you were reading your posts, what would YOU suggest the person do?

Don't give up. But maybe hang fire with the B'ing when things don't go your way?

What doesn't destroy you makes you stronger.

Good luck with it all
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    http://www.accaforums.com/

Please go here before you annoy any more people and stop AAT members getting help and support from these forums by hounding the poeple that give it, i for one do not visit these much anymore as there are just endless threads about flipping ACCA....check the url address at the the top its the AAT.!!! Im sure people wouldnt mind now and again but you are a bit relentless.
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Well after looking at the F8 answers I am really not happy with the paper. I just don't know how you're supposed to pass these exams when the questions are badly worded. The answers are nothing like I remember writing. I'm sure the examiners make it up as they go along. Does anyone else feel the same. It's a joke:(

I took F8 in December and have just looked at the answers. I agree the questions seemed badly worded and there was a lot in the model answers that I didn't write, but the model answers are perfect non time constrained answers, so I doubt anyone taking the exam would have written it all. I'm just hoping there's enough in my answers to pass ...
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Dont feed the trolls
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I took F8 in December and have just looked at the answers. I agree the questions seemed badly worded and there was a lot in the model answers that I didn't write, but the model answers are perfect non time constrained answers, so I doubt anyone taking the exam would have written it all. I'm just hoping there's enough in my answers to pass ...

I sat F8 in decemebr aswell and i agree.

My answers dont look like the exam answers, but fingers crossed anyways..............
  • Glynis
    Options
    Why am I being casted as a troll? All I am trying to do is to get somewhere in my job. Is that so wrong? Since those answers went up I have been so down because I have been kicked down so much over the last couple of months. I just need some constructed advice on how to pass these damn exams.
    I cannot afford Kaplan or BPP because they are far too expensive. Why is there no help for older students. I am sure it would be easier if there were more recourses out there for us.
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Glynis, with the greatest of respect. do you feel like you are the only person that struggles? i rely on family to pay for my studying as i couldn't afford it myself. other have to put studies on hold until they can afford to pay for it. i admire the fact that you are trying to better yourself as i do not understand why some people do not seem to have aspirations.

have you tried the below????
    http://opentuition.com/acca/

i haven't looked at this as i am studying aat (hence why i am on this forum and in this section as i find the information is most relevant to what i am doing) and when i do eventually pass (have sat DFS, MAC, BTC 3 times and waiting for results) i would chose to do CIMA.
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Glynis, I agree that Kaplan and BPP are expensive. I'm studying at college - is there not a college near you that teaches ACCA?

My advice I would give you going forward is to perhaps try a different subject - I seem to remember you struggled a lot with audit at AAT level? Which subjects did you enjoy most / were you best at at AAT? Why not try the ACCA module which follows on most closely with that subject? Getting a couple of modules passed and out of the way might give you a bit more confidence ....
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Primble wrote: »
    Glynis, with the greatest of respect. do you feel like you are the only person that struggles? i rely on family to pay for my studying as i couldn't afford it myself. other have to put studies on hold until they can afford to pay for it. i admire the fact that you are trying to better yourself as i do not understand why some people do not seem to have aspirations.

have you tried the below????
    http://opentuition.com/acca/

i haven't looked at this as i am studying aat (hence why i am on this forum and in this section as i find the information is most relevant to what i am doing) and when i do eventually pass (have sat DFS, MAC, BTC 3 times and waiting for results) i would chose to do CIMA.

I have already told Glynis about the open tuition website back on 11th December by PM. Explaining the forums for each paper etc - any thanks, any acknowledgement ... NO.

Glynis you are beyond help. Perhaps try a different paper, as you are obviously not happy with the auditing one. Another paper will give you something else to moan about.
  • zakira
    zakira Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Glynis; You should look on the youtube website. They have some ACCA lectures. Someone told me about them. But I have never checked them out.. They may be useful.
  • exam panic
    exam panic Registered Posts: 157 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    phone 999 they will help you (like me)
  • Glynis
    Options
    Mini schnauzer I thought I had replied but sorry if I did not. I think I will see how F8 goes when I get the results but it's so hard to pass. I have listened to advise and did everything Steve said when I did the AAT paper but his advice didn't work so there must be other ways of getting through these darn exams.
  • AK002
    Options
    Studying?
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I have listened to advise and did everything Steve said when I did the AAT paper but his advice didn't work

Ahh so it's Steve's fault, it all makes sense now
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Glynis, good exam technique is as important as learning the knowledge to pass the exam. Maybe this is where you are struggling? If you are unable to pay for tuition, a practice and revision kit from one of the main tuition providers will give you plenty of advice on time management, techniques to gain the easy marks, etc.

I know that BPP also provide an online debrief of a mock exam which only costs about £30.

Good luck with your results, I sat F8 in December too!
  • zakira
    zakira Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Glynis, Well i just looked on youtube for you If you go to this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZU9lN2Y4EA&NR=1

He as downloaded a few video and i've watched about 2min and he is quite down to earth. So I think that should make it easy for you. You should have a look. Also if you spend time researching the video you may find some that are better. I hope that helps you out..
  • katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Ah great. I was looking for a thread like this because I needed some entertainment.

You say Kaplan & BPP are expensive per unit.

But its how much to resit f8 again and again at how much a unit?

I know, personally, I would rather shell out, and pass first time.

Kaplan books seem to do me fine. And yes I am paying for myself. Like many others are.

But you dont see many others moaning.
  • AK002
    Options
    Have you seen the other thread?

Emile Woolf do free ACCA books. Save some money buying the books and put it towards a tutor!
  • mark057
    mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Anyone else worried about the looming results week (w/c 21st Feb).

I'm waiting on my F4 result which was first ACCA exam. I just hope the script is marked fairly and I pass.

Mark
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    mark057 wrote: »
    Anyone else worried about the looming results week (w/c 21st Feb).

I'm waiting on my F4 result which was first ACCA exam. I just hope the script is marked fairly and I pass.

Mark

Yer i'm always a little worried.

Am waiting on F7 (resit) and F8.

If all goes well its F4 and F6 in June.

Good Luck :)
  • arleneld
    arleneld Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    FAO Glynis

Glynis, the Open Tution website is excellent. I am studying on my own, and found their online lectures, as good as when I studied at college.
    Also, they have a forum, and a chatroom, so you couuld talk with others who are doing F8 :)
    I am waiting on results for F6.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Ahh so it's Steve's fault, it all makes sense now

I'm sure Steve is very busy with his various commitments, so come on Steve work more hours!!!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    PGM wrote: »
    I'm sure Steve is very busy with his various commitments...

I agree, his Facebook profile's come on a treat over the last six months now he's embraced it.

Next thing you know he'll be starting Farmville and then he'll never do any proper work again.
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: »
    I agree, his Facebook profile's come on a treat over the last six months now he's embraced it.

Next thing you know he'll be starting Farmville and then he'll never do any proper work again.

I hope his profile is set to private!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Glynis
    Options
    I did not say I blame Steve I just meant his advice he gave me when I did AAT audit paper did not work when I did ACCA that's all. I am going to ask LSBF if they do reduced fees for mature students as I have heard something about these discounts before.
    I am not even going to give blobby remarks a second thought.
    I too am not looking forward to the results. It's getting close now.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I am not even going to give blobby remarks a second thought.

GFY Glynis, I wasn't even referring to you. But by the way - you just did.

However, I will happily inform you that Steve's on a well deserved Glynis holiday - for the rest of his life.
Privacy Policy