ACCA answers

Options
2ยป

Comments

• Glynis
    Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    What on earth do you mean 'GFY' at least make sense if you wish to reply to me. You don't intimate me.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    GFY... Good For You?
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • LucyN
    LucyN Registered Posts: 23 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Glynis wrote: ยป
    What on earth do you mean 'GFY' at least make sense if you wish to reply to me. You don't intimate me.

Did I miss something??? When did Blobby ask to get to get 'intimate' with Glynis?
  • mark057
    mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Now now children, play nicely lol.

Blimey Glynnis you do rather dig a hole for yourself.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    However, I will happily inform you that Steve's on a well deserved holiday with Glynis.

Hard work does pay off.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    GFY... Good For You?

Maybe, maybe not.
  • LucyN
    LucyN Registered Posts: 23 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Maybe, maybe not.

Maybe im completely wrong but i thought the last word of GFY might be 'Yourself'?

Im sure people on here would be extremly helpful if the original poster wasnt whinging and made a more structured analysis of issues.

In my own opinion, if i struggled that much with a subject and work in general, i think i would realise my calling maybe wasnt accountancy and try another route? There are other areas of business that AAT would be useful for and eliminate the need to further stress yourself out trying to achieve ACCA?
  • PGM
    Options
    LucyN wrote: ยป
    In my own opinion, if i struggled that much with a subject and work in general, i think i would realise my calling maybe wasnt accountancy and try another route? There are other areas of business that AAT would be useful for and eliminate the need to further stress yourself out trying to achieve ACCA?

Agreed, its gets to the point were you need to make this decision.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Good advice Lucy, but on Glynis merely advice sadly wasted.

Still, I disagree that Glynis has never contributed anything worthwhile to these forums. Okay, so she might have never offered any help whatsoever to other students, merely taking everything and giving nothing back, offering not even a polite "Thank you" most times (unless it's to Steve of course), but where would many of us be on Monday mornings without the eagerly awaited updates of her latest calamities or a new "FAO Steve" thread?
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    where would many of us be on Monday mornings without the eagerly awaited updates of her latest calamities or a new "FAO Steve" thread?

hahaha I agree!!
    http://www.accaforums.com/

Please go here before you annoy any more people and stop AAT members getting help and support from these forums by hounding the poeple that give it, i for one do not visit these much anymore as there are just endless threads about flipping ACCA....check the url address at the the top its the AAT.!!! Im sure people wouldnt mind now and again but you are a bit relentless.

That's true, I have seen too many ACCA posts in this forum, ok about asking new providers or which units to take, but discussions about their exams I believe should be done in THEIR forum!
  • PGM
    Options
    That's true, I have seen too many ACCA posts in this forum, ok about asking new providers or which units to take, but discussions about their exams I believe should be done in THEIR forum!

But we like these forums :(

And just think, when you're doing ACCA or whatever you have Steve to ask!

Actually, if you took Glynises's ACCA posts away that would be 90% of them gone.
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    PGM wrote: ยป
    But we like these forums :(

And just think, when you're doing ACCA or whatever you have Steve to ask!

Actually, if you took Glynises's ACCA posts away that would be 90% of them gone.

And we like you still coming back - don't go!

It's good that those who have gone on to ACCA (or CIMA) still visit us here as they are still willing to help and advise - surely it's better for us to have as much of that as we can.
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Maybe there should be an ACCA/ACA/CIMA forum as part of the Members section?

I think there is a place for ACCA/ACA/CIMA posts on this website, but the AAT Technician/Diploma section isn't the right place.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I don't really think ruling out students doing ACCA is correct. They are still qualified members of the AAT and as such they are just as welcome IMO (me included!).

I think it is good the extra wealth of knowledge that is here, including knowledge of which ACCA courses are best taken when etc..

Agree with Richard, perhaps there should be a 'further studies' section.
  • PGM
    Options
    Maybe there should be an ACCA/ACA/CIMA forum as part of the Members section?

I think there is a place for ACCA/ACA/CIMA posts on this website, but the AAT Technician/Diploma section isn't the right place.

Good idea, would be a good section to have!
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Yes I think so too, there seems to be a few of us here and our discussions can give current AAT students an idea of what further study is like without taking over 'their' section of the forums.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    completely agree with richard and ak, a "further studies" section would be fantastic, as i do think there is a wealth of info out there which we as aat students and beyond tap into. if we close the aat forums to just aat'ers then we lose a huge vat of knowledge.

As much as the trolls are annoying with their endless moaning of "it's not fair" etc yawn - boring me now, i do believe we should not close the aat forum to not aat'ers

my tuppence

Tracy
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    taskey wrote: ยป
    i do believe we should not close the aat forum to not aat'ers

my tuppence

Tracy

Thanks Tracy, however me - and I assume most of the other ACCAers - are still AATers as well, just full members now rather than students. So I think we should still be able to use the forums, just have our own place in them.
Privacy Policy