Where's the thread about student discounts...

AK002AK002 Font Of All KnowledgeRegistered Posts: 2,492
On microsoft software?

Have got a new laptop and need to purchase Word etc.

Comments

  • blobbyhblobbyh Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,415
    Dunno but here's the link again:

    http://www.software4students.co.uk/Microsoft_Office_2010_Professional_Plus-details.aspx

    I also hope those who are abusing the scheme by buying more than one licence and then trying to flog it on E-Bay at a huge profit are well and truly busted.
  • jiltjilt Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,903
    Wow I'd forgotten all about that site thanks Robert, I need to buy Microsoft Office myself
  • AK002AK002 Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,492
    Nice one Blobby, you do have SOME uses :P!
  • blobbyhblobbyh Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,415
    As do you my friend. At the end of a hard, tiring and depressing day, I like to sit back and think of those less fortunate than myself and how lucky I truly am. Like the Scottish.
  • Craig9Craig9 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 69
    That's excellent! What a great price, has anyone tried this? Is it legitimate?
  • JaffasGirlJaffasGirl Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 387
    Does anyone know where you can get the full windows software from? I have a mac and will need to install the full software not just the upgrade packs.

    I can see it on this website anywhere :( I've tried on ebay, but I'm aware that some may not be legit.
  • WoooofWoooof Well-Known Registered Posts: 174
    JaffasGirl wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you can get the full windows software from? I have a mac and will need to install the full software not just the upgrade packs.

    I can see it on this website anywhere :( I've tried on ebay, but I'm aware that some may not be legit.
    Are you talking about Microsoft Office or dual booting with Windows 7? :S

    Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 is on that website here:

    http://www.software4students.co.uk/Microsoft_Office_for_Mac_2011-details.aspx
  • taskeytaskey Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,800
    Woooof wrote: »
    Are you talking about Microsoft Office or dual booting with Windows 7? :S

    Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 is on that website here:

    http://www.software4students.co.uk/Microsoft_Office_for_Mac_2011-details.aspx

    that is what i have on my mac and is the full edition

    tracy
  • JaffasGirlJaffasGirl Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 387
    yes, the full Windows Software, not microsoft office.

    preferably XP as its the only one i know of which didnt have a load of bugs. Vista is definitely a no!

    I need it as the accounting software BPP supplies only seems to work for Windows, and cant use our home computer as it is about eight years old, and extremly slow!

    thanks
  • WoooofWoooof Well-Known Registered Posts: 174
    Windows 7 is fine, I've had no problems with it. You might be best to e-mail a company like Dabs and explain your situation.

    From what I know all you need is a Windows 7 Retail Pack and install it using Boot Camp (I'm not a Mac guy though tbh!)
  • blobbyhblobbyh Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,415
    Windows 7 is incredibly stable and I honestly can't remember if I've ever had a single crash in over twelve months of using it. Takes a bit of getting used to when first switching over from XP though and having to find out where everything's been moved to.

    I'd say you need at least a decent 2ghz+ processor though and an absolute minimum of 2-3gb of ram. Netbooks that do run Windows 7 (starter edition) only have 1.7ghz-ish Atom processors/1gb ram and are notoriously underpowered so the more the better.
  • jewels.pjewels.p Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,774
    blobbyh wrote: »
    As do you my friend. At the end of a hard, tiring and depressing day, I like to sit back and think of those less fortunate than myself and how lucky I truly am. Like the Scottish.

    I have just read this thread and you can consider yourself well and truly slapped! So now you can sit back with a red handprint on your cheek!!!!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.