Where's the thread about student discounts...

AK002
AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
On microsoft software?

Have got a new laptop and need to purchase Word etc.

Comments

• blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Dunno but here's the link again:

http://www.software4students.co.uk/Microsoft_Office_2010_Professional_Plus-details.aspx

I also hope those who are abusing the scheme by buying more than one licence and then trying to flog it on E-Bay at a huge profit are well and truly busted.
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Wow I'd forgotten all about that site thanks Robert, I need to buy Microsoft Office myself
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Nice one Blobby, you do have SOME uses :P!
  • blobbyh
    As do you my friend. At the end of a hard, tiring and depressing day, I like to sit back and think of those less fortunate than myself and how lucky I truly am. Like the Scottish.
  • Craig9
    Craig9 Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor โญ
    That's excellent! What a great price, has anyone tried this? Is it legitimate?
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Does anyone know where you can get the full windows software from? I have a mac and will need to install the full software not just the upgrade packs.

I can see it on this website anywhere :( I've tried on ebay, but I'm aware that some may not be legit.
  • Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Does anyone know where you can get the full windows software from? I have a mac and will need to install the full software not just the upgrade packs.

I can see it on this website anywhere :( I've tried on ebay, but I'm aware that some may not be legit.
    Are you talking about Microsoft Office or dual booting with Windows 7? :S

Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 is on that website here:

http://www.software4students.co.uk/Microsoft_Office_for_Mac_2011-details.aspx
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Woooof wrote: ยป
    Are you talking about Microsoft Office or dual booting with Windows 7? :S

Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 is on that website here:

http://www.software4students.co.uk/Microsoft_Office_for_Mac_2011-details.aspx

that is what i have on my mac and is the full edition

tracy
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    yes, the full Windows Software, not microsoft office.

preferably XP as its the only one i know of which didnt have a load of bugs. Vista is definitely a no!

I need it as the accounting software BPP supplies only seems to work for Windows, and cant use our home computer as it is about eight years old, and extremly slow!

thanks
  • Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Windows 7 is fine, I've had no problems with it. You might be best to e-mail a company like Dabs and explain your situation.

From what I know all you need is a Windows 7 Retail Pack and install it using Boot Camp (I'm not a Mac guy though tbh!)
  • blobbyh
    Windows 7 is incredibly stable and I honestly can't remember if I've ever had a single crash in over twelve months of using it. Takes a bit of getting used to when first switching over from XP though and having to find out where everything's been moved to.

I'd say you need at least a decent 2ghz+ processor though and an absolute minimum of 2-3gb of ram. Netbooks that do run Windows 7 (starter edition) only have 1.7ghz-ish Atom processors/1gb ram and are notoriously underpowered so the more the better.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    As do you my friend. At the end of a hard, tiring and depressing day, I like to sit back and think of those less fortunate than myself and how lucky I truly am. Like the Scottish.

I have just read this thread and you can consider yourself well and truly slapped! So now you can sit back with a red handprint on your cheek!!!!!!
Privacy Policy