Kaplan Revision Kits, any good?

sampson
sampson Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi All

Does anyone have any experience with Kaplan revision kits? Im currently using BPP books for level 3, but struggling with the costs and revenues unit.

Thanks

Comments

• kerrifletcher29
    kerrifletcher29 Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor ⭐
    I have not used the revision kits but did find their books very easy to understand
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello

I did not study Costs and Revenues with Kaplan, however I did purchase the Costs and Revenues revision kit from Kaplan for additional practice questions and found it to be very useful.

If I can help you with Costs and Revenues (or any other Level 3 units) drop me a message here or a private message if you prefer :)

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • sampson
    Thanks for the offer Jo, I might take you up on that! I'm currently struggling to absorb it all at the moment, so no specific questions on the unit. Did you get access to the engage site when buying kaplans materials? I really want to do something ebased instead of using the online exam over and over again.
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi i am a distance learner and studying level 4 with Kaplan and i find all their materials really easy to understand including the revision kits.
  • Nia
    Nia Registered Posts: 72 Regular contributor ⭐
    Kaplan have just reduced the cost of their revision kits to £8 (was told in college on Monday) You have to phone them to place the order and mention the offer.
  • sampson
    Sounds good, I'm also thinking of using them for distance studying next year, so this will be a good opportunity to check out their materials. I'll give them a call now to ask about the offer.
  • sampson
    Just ordered it, £8 plus £2 p&p, sweet!!
  • Jo Clark
    Hiya

Yes, I had access to EN-gage. It was really good as the mock exam is in the format of the AAT CBA. The only thing I didn't like was that if you answered a question incorrectly, you are not told the solution anywhere, well not that I could find.

I only purchased the exam kit so only had a mock test to do but it was definitely worth it. I understand that if you purchase the workbook this also gives you access to a few shorter tests.

I paid approximately £15 for my copy so £8 plus P&P is a real bargain... Can you forward me the details so I can order at the reduced price for future modules.

Kind regards.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • sampson
    There were no special details to give, I just asked for the discount and they obliged, nice!
  • Jo Clark
    Hello

Can I ask what number you called? Is the discount for all materials, just the revision kits or do you have to purchase the study text to receive the discount on the revision kit?

Thanks in advance.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Nia
    Nia Registered Posts: 72 Regular contributor ⭐
    Jo Clark wrote: »
    Hello

Can I ask what number you called? Is the discount for all materials, just the revision kits or do you have to purchase the study text to receive the discount on the revision kit?

Thanks in advance.

JC

I don't know what the number is off the top of my head, but it is on the kaplan website.

The discount just applies to the revision kits, as they are trying to get rid of them all, because they are in the process of writing new books ready for June (so I've been told)

You don't have to buy the study text to get the discount!
  • Jo Clark
    Thanks for the reply.

It makes sense as I believe all the study texts are also being updated for June. Just need to work out when I will be sitting my next set of CBAs... :)
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy