Level 4 Technician Options

Options
Marky Astra
Marky Astra Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else is in a similar situation..

Yesterday i had to choose what options i want to take for my new QCF course for Level 4. I chose CRMC - cash management and PTX - personal tax. Simply chose these because CRMC, if i complete this it will cover me for a skills test im missing from level 3, and chose PTX just because of preference in comparison to business tax and external audit.

Now by the sounds of the reaction of my manager he doesnt understand why i didnt take personal tax and business tax. So question is although only 2 optional units are required would it be worth the extra effort of doing 3? Or does this just get covered at a later qualification further on from AAT?

Marcus

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    If you didn't do Unit 15 at Level 3 then you won't complete Level 3 by doing the new standards CRMC paper, it doesn't work that way. So be really careful if you were hoping that this will complete Level 3 for you, it won't. You'd need to do the first half of the paper, credit control I think it is under the new standards plus spreadsheets plus the new ethics exam (regardless of whether you've done the old ethics paper, this doesn't exempt you from the new one) to complete your Level 3 under the new standards.

Apologies if I've misunderstood what you're saying.
  • Nikdoug
    Nikdoug Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Also, where you work/ want to work may affect your decision. If in practice then the cash management unit it probably not as relevant as the other three. Vice versa if you work in industry.

I chose both taxes and auditing as relevant to my work and you also get more exemptions from exams if you progress to chartered accountancy.

To answer your question i would say yes, it is worth the extra effort to do the three units.

Nick
  • Marky Astra
    Marky Astra Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    coojee wrote: »
    If you didn't do Unit 15 at Level 3 then you won't complete Level 3 by doing the new standards CRMC paper, it doesn't work that way. So be really careful if you were hoping that this will complete Level 3 for you, it won't. You'd need to do the first half of the paper, credit control I think it is under the new standards plus spreadsheets plus the new ethics exam (regardless of whether you've done the old ethics paper, this doesn't exempt you from the new one) to complete your Level 3 under the new standards.

Apologies if I've misunderstood what you're saying.

Ye ive spoke to the AAT and confirmed i just have to complete the new standards CRMC paper and spreadsheets and this will cover level 3 also.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Ye ive spoke to the AAT and confirmed i just have to complete the new standards CRMC paper and spreadsheets and this will cover level 3 also.

Don't believe everything the person on the other end of the phone at the AAT tells you. Under the new standards old standard Unit 15 has been split into 2 new papers:
    1. Cash management done at Level 3
    2. Credit management and controls done at Level 4

The level 4 paper won't exempt you from the Level 3 paper as they're totally different papers.

The only way the exemption works is if you do the OLD standard Unit 15 paper at Level 3, this will give you exemption to the NEW standard Credit management and controls paper at Level 4.

And if you haven't completed Level 3 then your professional ethics paper (Unit 32) becomes null and void and you will have to sit the new ethics paper.

There's loads of mis information going around at the moment about transfers and exemptions. All I can tell you is that I am 100% sure that what I've told you is correct and also that there are some people at the AAT who are still giving out incorrect information.
Privacy Policy