AAT AGM - Do you Vote?

Options
2ยป

Comments

• PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I got the paperwork, book it didn't look too interesting so not got round to it yet...
  • BCASL
    BCASL Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    now also feeling warm and fuzzy after voting!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    so who can vote? just full members or can us student members vote. i am only asking as i am a student member and i have received nothing in the post.

Tracy
  • BCASL
    BCASL Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    only members can vote
  • PeteLC
    PeteLC Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Shall I take it that anyone can run (giving they are either MAAT or FMAAT)?
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Does anyone know any of the candiates? The nomination statements aren't much to go on.
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    PeteLC wrote: ยป
    Shall I take it that anyone can run (giving they are either MAAT or FMAAT)?

Yes, either MAAT or FMAAT can run.
  • deanshepherd
    Options
    jilt wrote: ยป
    Does anyone know any of the candiates? The nomination statements aren't much to go on.

I have met Stefan Gatward a number of times, he goes to lots of AAT branch meetings/events so is very dedicated.

He also appeared on The Weakest Link and won!
  • James Cristiano
    James Cristiano Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 48 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Candidates standing for election

Dear AAT forum users

A gentle reminder that candidates standing for election should, in accordance with the Council election procedure regulations, avoid any form of communication or publicity which may be considered as electioneering or give rise to a perception of personal advantage in the run up to the election.

Kind regards,
    AAT
  • PeteLC
    Options
    Well look like that means I won't be standing next year!

I'm on here way to much as it is and then you expect me to go cold turkey!!!

Almost as bad as the time I tried to try giving up smoking. That didn't work either. Didn't even make it to the first try!
  • deanshepherd
    Options
    A gentle reminder that candidates standing for election should, in accordance with the Council election procedure regulations, avoid any form of communication or publicity which may be considered as electioneering or give rise to a perception of personal advantage in the run up to the election.

Clear as mud!
  • PeteLC
    Options
    But it is not them talking about it this is the voting members deciding who we should vote for which I am sure is allowed.

Or am i mistaken and this needs to be a secret vote and no one can talk about it?
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hmm.

I think what's it's saying is that Pete, if you or I ran for council, we couldn't post on here saying "Woo, look at me go, vote for me guys!"

We can of course still post on here! And indeed discuss the election (surely??!!!)

I don't see why people can't "electioneer" though. As Jill said, there isn't much information on the candidates inthe AGM pack so it would be useful to actually hear a bit more from them to help us decide how to cast our vote.
  • PGM
    Options
    So then, what exactly classes as electioneering. Can you say you are going for election?
  • PeteLC
    Options
    Perfect!

Monsoon i electioneer for you and you can do the same for me ;-)
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I know I don't qualify for any of this, but if I did I would rather vote for someone who spends time on here helping others, then someone I don't know.
  • PGM
    Options
    Steve should go for it!
  • PeteLC
    Options
    Yes i second Steve!
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    This thread is becoming a record-breaker. I didn't know there was that much interest in the voting system for AAT. I will have to read the literature now.
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    PGM wrote: ยป
    Steve should go for it!

I admire your confidence in me! :) I don't have the capacity in my timetable that a role in representing and promoting AAT would need, but some of the candidates I have read about in the pack certainly look promising and will undoubtedly do all they can to raise the profile of the Association.

Have a good weekend folks.

Steve
  • Raging Pineapples
    Raging Pineapples Registered Posts: 110 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Even better, maybe all candidates should have compulsory forum membership so they're seen to help others. If they don't fulfil a certain number of posts per month, an automated AAT machine slaps them about the face with a kipper. :)
  • T.C.
    Options
    That's a brilliant idea!
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Kippers aside, it would be a good idea to have a Q&A facility on the forum to talk to candidates. I went through my book at the weekend and have picked who I'm voting for, but there is only so much you can learn about them from that.
  • T.C.
    Options
    Well thanks everyone. I have now read through some of the booklet (no I just couldn't read it all). I have voted for the first time ever...and will do from now onwards.
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Just posted my ballot paper off today. :)
Privacy Policy