Spreadsheet book

MWAUGH1983MWAUGH1983 Trusted RegularPosts: 420Registered
Hi,

If I got the book for spreasheet exam and did the exam early sept would ther ebe a chance that the book would change between now and september?

Cheers
Martin

Comments

• Jo ClarkJo Clark Font Of All Knowledge Posts: 2,526Registered
    Hello Martin

Which book are you looking at getting? I don't think it would change as the book which I used was based on a particular version of Excel and taught me how to use the package in order to sit and pass the CBA.

Good luck.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • MWAUGH1983MWAUGH1983 Trusted Regular Posts: 420Registered
    Jo Clark wrote: »
    Hello Martin

Which book are you looking at getting? I don't think it would change as the book which I used was based on a particular version of Excel and taught me how to use the package in order to sit and pass the CBA.

Good luck.

JC

I am using the osborne books - just im looking for the cheaper one as I am only going use it for a few wks.

Thanks for the advice though - much appreciated!

Cheers
    Martin
    Hello Martin

I'm not sure how much the Osborne book is however I highly recommend the BPP material for SPSW.

Best wishes.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
    They arent that much but I was looking at getting it seconf hand just same a bit of money.
    Martin

May be bit of a long shot but have you checked your local library to see if they have it in stock for loan? My local library has some AAT/ACCA books but not always the current edition.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • sue-broadstairssue-broadstairs New Member Posts: 14Registered
    Hi
    I have bought the Osborne spreadsheet book, via Amazon, as I find they give clearer topic explanations than the BPP books.
    However when I contacted BPP to book my exam I was told it wasn't that simple. I had to book their Spreadsheet course (at over £150) in order to be allocated an assessor who would then mark the CBA exam.
    Has anyone else been told this or are BPP just trying to relieve me of some money :-)

Many thanks

Sue
  • BeccaLouJ9BeccaLouJ9 Experienced Mentor DevonPosts: 1,024FMAAT
    Hi
    I have bought the Osborne spreadsheet book, via Amazon, as I find they give clearer topic explanations than the BPP books.
    However when I contacted BPP to book my exam I was told it wasn't that simple. I had to book their Spreadsheet course (at over £150) in order to be allocated an assessor who would then mark the CBA exam.
    Has anyone else been told this or are BPP just trying to relieve me of some money :-)

Many thanks

Sue

I had exactly this. I had bought the book and when it came to booking the exam I wasn't allowed and had to buy a course. So basically I had learnt it all and then had to get this course which I didn't need just to sit the exam!

But I bought the book to start with from BPP and they didn't tell me at the time that I needed to buy a course... so I think that was a bit naughty!

B x
    Hi

Many thanks

Sue

I was under the impression that this unit cbe was basically done at your place of work?
    Hello All

This unit can be completed in two ways:-

1) Work Based Evidence (mapped to set criteria) - 100% to pass
    2) CBP (computer based project) 70% to pass

I completed SPSW with BPP so was signed up to the course, had the text book and materials sent to me and had access online to a forum of other students studying SPSW and the tutor/assessor.

I think that when you paid BPP your fee this covers your materials and also the charge for the CBP (CBA equivalent).

Hope this helps.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • coojeecoojee Experienced Mentor Posts: 794Registered
    MWAUGH1983 wrote: »
    I was under the impression that this unit cbe was basically done at your place of work?

It is, but you still need a centre to mark it. It's not marked by the AAT. Remember there's 2 different methods of assessment. Most units are exams which are marked by the AAT but certain units are assessments for which need you to be attached to a centre who will mark them. These units are CMPA, WEAF, Spreadsheets, Credit management and controls and ICAS.