Spreadsheet book

MWAUGH1983
MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi,

If I got the book for spreasheet exam and did the exam early sept would ther ebe a chance that the book would change between now and september?

Cheers
Martin

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hello Martin

Which book are you looking at getting? I don't think it would change as the book which I used was based on a particular version of Excel and taught me how to use the package in order to sit and pass the CBA.

Good luck.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • MWAUGH1983
    Hello Martin

Which book are you looking at getting? I don't think it would change as the book which I used was based on a particular version of Excel and taught me how to use the package in order to sit and pass the CBA.

Good luck.

JC

I am using the osborne books - just im looking for the cheaper one as I am only going use it for a few wks.

Thanks for the advice though - much appreciated!

Cheers
    Martin
  • Jo Clark
    Hello Martin

I'm not sure how much the Osborne book is however I highly recommend the BPP material for SPSW.

Best wishes.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • MWAUGH1983
    They arent that much but I was looking at getting it seconf hand just same a bit of money.
  • Jo Clark
    Martin

May be bit of a long shot but have you checked your local library to see if they have it in stock for loan? My local library has some AAT/ACCA books but not always the current edition.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • sue-broadstairs
    sue-broadstairs Registered Posts: 14 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi
    I have bought the Osborne spreadsheet book, via Amazon, as I find they give clearer topic explanations than the BPP books.
    However when I contacted BPP to book my exam I was told it wasn't that simple. I had to book their Spreadsheet course (at over ยฃ150) in order to be allocated an assessor who would then mark the CBA exam.
    Has anyone else been told this or are BPP just trying to relieve me of some money :-)

Many thanks

Sue
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi
    I have bought the Osborne spreadsheet book, via Amazon, as I find they give clearer topic explanations than the BPP books.
    However when I contacted BPP to book my exam I was told it wasn't that simple. I had to book their Spreadsheet course (at over ยฃ150) in order to be allocated an assessor who would then mark the CBA exam.
    Has anyone else been told this or are BPP just trying to relieve me of some money :-)

Many thanks

Sue

I had exactly this. I had bought the book and when it came to booking the exam I wasn't allowed and had to buy a course. So basically I had learnt it all and then had to get this course which I didn't need just to sit the exam!

But I bought the book to start with from BPP and they didn't tell me at the time that I needed to buy a course... so I think that was a bit naughty!

B x
  • MWAUGH1983
    Hi

Many thanks

Sue

I was under the impression that this unit cbe was basically done at your place of work?
  • Jo Clark
    Hello All

This unit can be completed in two ways:-

1) Work Based Evidence (mapped to set criteria) - 100% to pass
    2) CBP (computer based project) 70% to pass

I completed SPSW with BPP so was signed up to the course, had the text book and materials sent to me and had access online to a forum of other students studying SPSW and the tutor/assessor.

I think that when you paid BPP your fee this covers your materials and also the charge for the CBP (CBA equivalent).

Hope this helps.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I was under the impression that this unit cbe was basically done at your place of work?

It is, but you still need a centre to mark it. It's not marked by the AAT. Remember there's 2 different methods of assessment. Most units are exams which are marked by the AAT but certain units are assessments for which need you to be attached to a centre who will mark them. These units are CMPA, WEAF, Spreadsheets, Credit management and controls and ICAS.
Privacy Policy