Back to college!!

Options
Becky V
Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi all just wanted to share that i am going back to college tomorrow to complete my level 4. I have studied as distance learner but have found it hard to motivate myself so have enrolled to finish it at college. Feeling nervous but looking forward to it and it feels there is light at the end of this very long tunnel!!!! :)

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    well done you :) keep at it, you will get there.

enjoy college

Tracy
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    You'll be done before you know it :)
  • Becky V
    Options
    Thank you both for your replys, first session went well, studying financial statements!! A lot to take in but i will pass!!!! :)
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    How many exams/project do you have left?

I started in August 2009 and I still have:
    1) budgeting
    2) financial performance, and
    3) project left

I should have finished by now but since I became a distance learner I am seriously struggling to motivate myself.
  • zara5034
    zara5034 Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Good Luck Becky

I reckon you'll be fine. I did Level 3 via distance Learning but felt like I'd benefit from the time at college for Level 4. As I have young children it's difficult studying with them around and by the evenings I was brain-dead! Going to college meant I had a full 6 hours a week dedicated to study, then whatever extra study I could manage to squeeze in on top.

Also, going to college seemed so much easier as the lecturers were fab and really made it easy to understand, far better than just sitting there with a text book. Plus it worked out cheaper!
  • Becky V
    Options
    reader wrote: ยป
    How many exams/project do you have left?

I started in August 2009 and I still have:
    1) budgeting
    2) financial performance, and
    3) project left

I should have finished by now but since I became a distance learner I am seriously struggling to motivate myself.

Hi reader, i have done personal tax and the project as a distance learner, i studied finanacial statements aswell but failed the exam twice, so hennce why going back to college!! I am studying business tax at the moment at home so want to sit that exam next month.

At college we have started with Financial statements and then i will have budgeting and financial performance left!!!
    I was the same as at home very hard to motivate myself and same as Zara have two young children so limited time to study! Good luck with yours you will get there :)
  • freck59
    freck59 Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Good luck Becky

I have so much admiration for all of you who've done distance learning. I'm not sure I'd have finished my 1st year yet if I'd had to motivate myself. I think having college coursemates to bounce ideas and little aid memoires off makes things easier.

Could do without all the pen clicking, chewing gum, mobile phone addictions and the smell of faaaags though :D
  • Becky V
    Options
    Good luck Becky

I have so much admiration for all of you who've done distance learning. I'm not sure I'd have finished my 1st year yet if I'd had to motivate myself. I think having college coursemates to bounce ideas and little aid memoires off makes things easier.

Could do without all the pen clicking, chewing gum, mobile phone addictions and the smell of faaaags though :D

Yes i have to agree!!!! Some students are great and get on well, with but a few yesterday were yawning saying it was boring and when we are we going home!!!!!! why do it!!!!!
  • zara5034
    zara5034 Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Probably because it gets them out of work for a day and they don't have screaming kids to go home to! (referring to my kids, not yours!)
Privacy Policy