sage 200 vs sage line 50

mc25
mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor 🦉
For those who have worked with the above, which one do you think is most user friendly? I could really love to hear comments about sage 200. Thanks

Comments

• PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    We moved from 50 to 200 about two and a half years ago.

They are hard to compare, they're very different packages, its not like an improved version of line 50. Some bits really annoyed us at first where they felt like a step back from 50. But now we've got used to it it'd be hard to go back. One of the downsides though is the cost, and factor in plenty for consultancy time and training.

I believe 50 now has projects and timesheet modules built in? So I can't compare these bits as we used to use Sage project account, the messy bolt on software.
  • mc25
    mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Thanks

PGM thanks for your reply. I have recently started using sage 200 and I felt as if its going back in time too, but from what you have said, its a matter of getting used to it. The reports it can produce are definately better.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I felt like the reports it does are worse. Often having to right click and send all to excel to get it in a format I can print off.

Although if you're good with SQL and get some consultancy, you can pull information straight into excel without using Sage at all. This is handy because you can give staff these spreadsheets, which they can modify the criteria themselves and refresh, and they don't need a costly Sage licence!
Privacy Policy