FNST Results

Options
Dsindle
Dsindle Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor โญ
Hi All,

Just wondered if any of you had had your results for FNST earlier than the 6 weeks recently, as i thought they had got a bit better with getting them out quicker?

Im 4 weeks today and getting very very impatient! Its my 3rd attempt and last piece of the puzzle, and the waiting is driving me crazy!!
ยซ1

Comments

• uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I sat mine on the 5th August and the exam result section of "my aat" showed a competent result on the evening of 9th September (it hadn't been there earlier in the day !)

It took 4 and a half weeks for my results to come through and they showed up on a Monday evening. ( I wonder if AAT batch update results on certain days and times ? That is why I mention it !)

I sat Budgeting 3 weeks ago, so I am hoping to get my results for that through in the next couple of weeks.

Good Luck and let us know how you got on :)
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I sat my FNST on 5th September and got my results on 7th October so it was just under five weeks for me.

Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
  • sog
    sog Registered Posts: 7 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I've got my result in 4 weeks.

Gook luck!
  • Miffy3QE
    Miffy3QE Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi All,

Just wondered if any of you had had your results for FNST earlier than the 6 weeks recently, as i thought they had got a bit better with getting them out quicker?

Im 4 weeks today and getting very very impatient! Its my 3rd attempt and last piece of the puzzle, and the waiting is driving me crazy!!
    'My AAT' now has 2 results for my exam on 30/06/2011.
    Does this mean I failed my re-sit too?
    I sat it on Thursday 6th October, and so this new result has appeared within 3 weeks of resit..........I'm confused, and gutted!
  • uknitty
    Options
    I've not had a resit so I am not sure - when you say "my att" do you mean in the "my assessement "section ? If it still says next to FNST Not Yet Competent and it is just the date of the second exam that has been added under the first one then I would take that to mean that it was not a pass on this occassion :(

Its a really tough paper to pass so don't be too hard on yourself.
  • Miffy3QE
    Options
    Logged out as lost internet coverage, logged back in and just original result there now.
    Confused.com to say the VERY least........
    Saying that, usually I've received an email notification of exam result, so I might not have been marked yet, fingers massively crossed! :I
  • Dsindle
    Options
    Hi Miffy

If its any comfort, i have done two re sits for this and they show up seperately with the dates of the actual sitting. So im guessing your was just a blip in the system as i sat mine on 23rd of September and am still waiting!

Good luck with your results x
  • uknitty
    Options
    That is really strange then Miffy ! Well, lets hope you do get some good news :)
  • Dsindle
    Options
    I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0)
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0)

Well done that is brilliant news,:) i have got mine next month and this will be my 3rd attempt!!!!!
  • Dsindle
    Options
    Well done that is brilliant news,:) i have got mine next month and this will be my 3rd attempt!!!!!

Well Becky it was my third attemp too, so here's to third time lucky!!! x
  • jenny3549
    Options
    Well done Dsindle - that's fab!!!!
  • sampson
    sampson Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Sat FNST on 30th September and got the result back today..... I passed!!! I'm so happy I dont have to re-sit that exam.
  • sampson
    sampson Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    PS, good luck to those about to take this exam or waiting for results.
  • jenny3549
    Options
    Well done to you too sampson!

It's horrible waiting. I did my budgeting on Monday and I've already checked my SOA!!!! I know, I know, it's way too early but I couldn't stop myself!
  • Dsindle
    Options
    Sat FNST on 30th September and got the result back today..... I passed!!! I'm so happy I dont have to re-sit that exam.

Excellent work, well done! x
  • uknitty
    Options
    Congratulations Sampson (congtulations once more to Dsindle just in case you missed them on the other thread :))

What is next for everyone ? I'm really trying to motivate myself to plough on with FNPF. Is anyone else about to do this one ? I've started a study chat thread (which I am going to to vent on now) please do feel free to come and join me !
  • jenny3549
    Options
    What is next for everyone ? I'm really trying to motivate myself to plough on with FNPF. Is anyone else about to do this one ? I've started a study chat thread (which I am going to to vent on now) please do feel free to come and join me !

I've decided to leave FNPF til after Christmas now as I don't think I want to try to squeeze it in before with all the running around I invariably end up doing in December. So, plan is to try and make a start on ICAS next week as I can work on that at a more leisurely pace (once I pick up the unit books I tend to go at them to the exclusion of all else). Then, whether I have that completed or not I'll start on FNPF in January. It's my last unit.

What about you - what do you have left after FNPF?
  • geek84
    geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi Folks

Congratulations to everyone who has passed their exams recently.

I am studying for the Financial Statements exam at the moment. As you probably know, there are about 20 different IAS's to learn. How did you folks manage to remember them all? I am getting really stressed up about this and even thinking of getting a private tutor to help me with this module! Do you think it is a crazy idea?

I am studying via distance learning, so do the cba exams. Have any of you done the cba for the Financial Statements assessment? If so, I hope you don't mind me asking, are the questions quite similar to the ones in the Osborne books or the practice assessment on the AAT website?

Thank You.
  • Dsindle
    Options
    Hi Geek84

I have sat this exam 3 times and in my experience each time has been completely different with the IAS questions.

In the first section of the exam you will always have SFP and SCI followed by a statement of changes in equity then a consoldated SFP or Cashflow.
    Then normally a quite indepth written question on one or two of the IAS's (and yes this could be any of the 20!!) and some smaller multi choice IAS questions.

Then section 2 you will have some multiple choice ratio's and then do the calcs for them. Then a written task on interprating ratio's and advising on whether to invest or not, then finally a written question on the frame work.

My advice would be to make sure you know all of the key points of each the IAS's and framework, you dont need to know them off by heart but you do need to be able to explain them in a way in which they make sence! Section 2 is mostly written so you also need to know your ratio's and how to explain them when comparing them to pervious years or in comparison to other ratios.

Im not sure about a private tutor but i do know this is a tough exam! Good luck and keep reading those IAS's!!
  • uknitty
    Options
    ^^^^^

What D Sindle Said !

You will have to know the key points of all the examinable IAS's.

Also, the changes to the framework are examinable from September 2011 - I've heard a few people say that this caught them out in part 2 as they were not expecting it. There are details of the ammendments on Osborne Books website

http://www.osbornebooks.co.uk/files/ltd_co_accounts_amends_2011_1.pdf

If you've not seen this before - don't panic !!!! Most of the concepts are exactly the same underlying ideas, just some of the names of the characteristics have changed.
  • Miffy3QE
    Options
    Just to say I've passed my Financial Statements exam.....sat the exam on 6th October and found out my results today!
    This was just over 4 weeks wait! :D
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Congratulations!

What is next for you?

All the best.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Miffy3QE
    Options
    I'm not sure what's next.....
    Congratulations!

What is next for you?

All the best.

JC
    .....at the moment, I'm working for people I really don't like, doing a job I used to love!
    I want some quality of life, and a job that doesn't make me want to cry!
    SOOOOOOOOO chuffed that I am an Accounting Technician.......what do you suggest? ? ?
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hello Miffy

That is great news - now you have completed all your exams and are an Accounting Technician. Are you wanting to continue your studies? ACCA/CIMA/ATT - lots of support available here. If not, you can look for alternative employment if you are not happy where you are or consider setting yourself up as a MIP. I'm sure you will gain lots of hints/tips and helps from fellow MIPs on this forum. Or maybe a nice break from it all for a while!!!

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • basil
    basil Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

Im a bit upset, as I have passed all my exams for the first time, but I have failed to pass the Financial Statements. Has anybody noticed that this exam is much more higher level then the others were?
  • beavis182
    beavis182 Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, I have mine in 2 weeks and now all these bad topics about FNST I am starting to panic. What do you think tripped you up? I think I will be ok with the Income Statements, Consolidated Income statements and cash flows but will struggle with IAS and the formulas and how to understand whether they are good or not...
  • uknitty
    Options
    http://www.pqaccountant.com/pmag-06D400500182013F02171957.html

Here is a link to an article in PQ magazine regardging the pass rates for AAT CBE's ( I have seen a more up to date one in the paper based magazine, but cant find it online sorry !)

FNST and FNPF are the two exams that people seem to keep coming back to. The exams are weighted so that you HAVE to provide solid answers to the written questions to pass.
    Accounting technicians need to be able to communicate accounting information, so it is important for students to practice answering written tasks.

Student performances in FNST tasks assessing the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), both written and multiple choice, interpreting ratios and the legal and regulatory framework for the preparation of financial statements are weaker than performances in tasks that require students to draft various financial statements.

The poor performance is particularly surprising given that a comprehensive content guide, detailing what is assessable in respect of the international financial reporting standards (both IFRS and IAS), is available in the delivery guidance for the FNST learning area.

I found FNST the hardest unit by far - I used Claire Finch's "Students Guide to International Financial Reporting Standards" and it made it so much easier for me to remember the key points for the examinable IAS's.
  • uknitty
    Options
    Geek84 - did you sit your FNST exam in the end ? I know you were thinking about delaying it for a while.

Let us know how you're getting on :)
  • basil
    basil Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Beavis, it wasnt anythng that i havent expected but it was so overcomplicated compared to the fnpf and others. Wish u good luck. Ill do my first resit in feb.
Privacy Policy