ICAS online learning with BPP?

Options
rhian
rhian Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi, I've emailed BPP twice about this but still no answer so hopefully someone can help me here!

I'm just wondering about the ICAS module. How does it work? Do I get documents sent to me on a weekly basis for example? I'm clueless! How long do I have to complete the module? And also, since it's online learning can I start whenever I want or are there specific start dates?

Thank you very much for any help :)

Comments

• Sparkly
    Sparkly Registered Posts: 139 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    The course for ICAS is run on set dates, and you have 12 weeks to complete the project in. You have to sign up for a specific course date. Yuo are then allocated to a tutor, who takes you through the course. You receive a textbook and guidance notes before the start of the course.

You can do you project based on your workplace or an AAT case study. If you choose to use a case study at hte begining of you course you advise your tutor of this and they request it via AAT, the case study then becomes available to you via the AAT website.

To start with you complete a proposal plan in which you plan out when you plan to complete each stage of the project, and submit your project proposal to your tutor, this is done via email. As you are part of an online classroom, you have access to a forum for your class on the BPP Learning Management System.

For each stage of the course you have guidance notes from BPP to take you through how to complete that stage of the project. Once you have submitted one stage to your tutor, they provide feedback, you make the necessary amendments, and re-submit, along with your first attempt at the next stage, and so on. We have received weekly emails from our tutor updating us on where we should be, and she is also available to contact via email or through our forum.

I hope this helps.
  • rhian
    rhian Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Sparkly wrote: »
    The course for ICAS is run on set dates, and you have 12 weeks to complete the project in. You have to sign up for a specific course date. Yuo are then allocated to a tutor, who takes you through the course. You receive a textbook and guidance notes before the start of the course.

You can do you project based on your workplace or an AAT case study. If you choose to use a case study at hte begining of you course you advise your tutor of this and they request it via AAT, the case study then becomes available to you via the AAT website.

To start with you complete a proposal plan in which you plan out when you plan to complete each stage of the project, and submit your project proposal to your tutor, this is done via email. As you are part of an online classroom, you have access to a forum for your class on the BPP Learning Management System.

For each stage of the course you have guidance notes from BPP to take you through how to complete that stage of the project. Once you have submitted one stage to your tutor, they provide feedback, you make the necessary amendments, and re-submit, along with your first attempt at the next stage, and so on. We have received weekly emails from our tutor updating us on where we should be, and she is also available to contact via email or through our forum.

I hope this helps.

oh my god thank you!! you're so much more helpful than BPP themselves! i notice BBP's ICAS is more expensive than Kaplan, would you know if it's worth paying more or are they both just as good?

and also, would you have any idea when the course dates start? (not a specific date just an idea?)

thank you again you've helped loads :)
  • Sparkly
    Sparkly Registered Posts: 139 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    rhian wrote: »
    oh my god thank you!! you're so much more helpful than BPP themselves! i notice BBP's ICAS is more expensive than Kaplan, would you know if it's worth paying more or are they both just as good?

and also, would you have any idea when the course dates start? (not a specific date just an idea?)

thank you again you've helped loads

You are welcome :)
    I don't know about the difference between the learning provdiers, I went with BPP becauswe I''ve used them all along for my AAT studies.

My couse started on at the beginning of October and I think the next one starts around the 24th January. I think they're roughly every 12 weeks, I do know that they get booked up quite quickly so you may find if you are booking in now it may be a while before the next available course.
Privacy Policy