The naked accountants' calendar 2013 (SFW)

Options

Comments

• blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    My own six pack turned into a party pack once I'd passed 40...
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I think group shots can actually be more fun (and less intimidating) than people on their own. Here are some examples for inspiration (again from my personal collection..):

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe3QmNXTEnIiJ9VqhomNTtZ-bedPTpYIHeG82Tc2Y579KjKPgC
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaBzN2EtJhcrecTl1_dm8QZxCg8S14CsoVASvAJTqklIDnb6MN
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ39kCklXi-Bq1j3DsEbhWlpowyIrrUajHVQCSfKAqI4xYv6fuD
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTV8TFhxynMMMIP_LiB-StXx_V-X_nGwbeucmN788wnDp92Jv3ivw
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX7UJYRpLuGlJyCcDc_rgGdnYz2UfwWSdbHFI9eWPLNYSBZlpN-Q
  • deanshepherd
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJKpNEMkZACo3oX4TSAlZ3dOq00O3FEPQLZm8Y3BYfnhs8smHmXg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkVEljIruKuWZSCh6axLf5zPt4Jl-UTtCCdEQKnOZM_W97L0OMJA
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3O9aQyVnqde7XKo2FlDTWM9EKToKJ3B5bNccPziS6hrHgodggXQ
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiUr0E5LgoeHcCGFJdtSvM5u9NqkXNyZGF9lXhwkJS_BtP6s5NQg
  • deanshepherd
    Options
    I think maybe a scenario should be mapped out for each month rather than a person.

E.g. In the boardroom, Client meeting, At the desk, Staff party, CPD lecture, Conversation at the watercooler, Using the photocopier, Reading Accounting Technician magazine..
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I think maybe a scenario should be mapped out for each month rather than a person.

E.g. In the boardroom, Client meeting, At the desk, Staff party, CPD lecture, Conversation at the watercooler, Using the photocopier, Reading Accounting Technician magazine..

Thats a good idea. Could go with accounting themed photographs, like a nice landscape with a calculator in the foreground!
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options

I agree. will be harder to organise but it'll tell a better story. Could try to match up the months as well:

January - hiding behind mountains of paper
    Feb - the watercooler gossip
    March - files & scanners
    April - something 'new year'?
    May - Payroll - maybe something which looks like an old photo of someone handing out wages packets to a line of factory workers
    June -
    July - P11D - maybe someone in a fancy car?
    Aug -
    Sept -
    Oct -
    Nov -
    Dec - Staff Party
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Here are some examples for inspiration (again from my personal collection..):

Your personal collection is a little worrying!!!
  • KaySarah
    KaySarah Registered Posts: 215 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    PGM wrote: ยป
    Thats a good idea. Could go with accounting themed photographs, like a nice landscape with a calculator in the foreground!

OMG!! What have we started here? :blushing:

It's supposed to be Tasteful Dean! and Circumspect! .. your photos are well dodgy.

I'm still offering up my old fashioned ledger cards, twinlock files, analysis sheets and old large P11 cards and Day Sheets etc ... and um .. cover :lol:
  • deanshepherd
    Options
    It's supposed to be Tasteful Dean! and Circumspect! .. your photos are well dodgy.

Honestly, these were the cleanest pictures I could find! I think they're pretty tame.
  • deanshepherd
    Options
    JodieR wrote: ยป
    I agree. will be harder to organise but it'll tell a better story. Could try to match up the months as well

Ooh, we could have a tax tip on every month too..

Staff canteen exemption - excuse for a food fight scene..
    Buy a swanky van rather than a car - get Blobby to spread himself over a Mitsubishi Twincab..
    Turkey exemption - use your imagination..
    Incorporate your business - everyone queuing outside Companies House..
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I saw a job advert this week whose duties involved "financial modelling". I'd assumed they meant sales and profit forecasts, or assisting with budgets, so I went for it.

After reading this thread, I'm not so sure that's what they meant. :001_smile:
  • KaySarah
    Options

Buy a swanky van rather than a car - get Blobby to spread himself over a Mitsubishi Twincab..

Fell off my chair laughing out loud!!!!
    You have some imagination Mr Shepherd!!

However - the Tax Tip for every month is a GREAT Idea! Well done!
  • KaySarah
    Options
    I saw a job advert this week whose duties involved "financial modelling". I'd assumed they meant sales and profit forecasts, or assisting with budgets, so I went for it.

After reading this thread, I'm not so sure that's what they meant. :001_smile:

Oh we Accountants can be very "creative" with our wording .... who said we were supposed to be dull and unexciting lol :laugh:
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Seeing as November is bonfire night month, there's nothing I'd like better than to see a pageful of bangers...
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options

It seems that you are thinking about this far too much lol!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    It seems that you are thinking about this far too much lol!
    I'm assuming with all this enthusiasm, you're going to be in the calendar then, Dean? ;)
  • deanshepherd
    Options
    I'm assuming with all this enthusiasm, you're going to be in the calendar then, Dean? ;)

I am happy to be artistic director on the shoot..
  • deanshepherd
    Options
    More ideas..

- Steve will obviously have to be giving a naked lecture. Great opportunity for everyone in the audience to be naked as well without actually having to show much to camera.

- If we can get AAT to sponsor the photoshoot most of the scenes could be shot at their HQ. They have lecture rooms, office rooms, coffee bars, breakout areas - all quite swanky and lots of white which I'm sure will help the photographer.
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    More ideas..

- Steve will obviously have to be giving a naked lecture. Great opportunity for everyone in the audience to be naked as well without actually having to show much to camera.

I was thinking that too! The challenge will be whether he could actually still deliver the lecture with a straight face without going a redder shade of red. you know how you're always told to imagine your audience naked to deal with nerves...

And yes to the HQ suggestion too - can we count it as CPD??
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    JodieR wrote: ยป

And yes to the HQ suggestion too - can we count it as CPD??

Would be a new way of keeping upto date with things!!
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Been watching this thread with fascinated amusement! (Not at all photogenic, overweight and not the least bit inclined to be photographed in the buff, especially having been on the receiving end of a new hip and another 12 inch scar within the last 5 weeks). Sorry Jenni!

It's just that I'm starting to worry about Dean's blood pressure. I also wonder if he is going to be standing there as a Director?

Dean you seem to have quite an eye for what you envisage these shots looking like, but are all the volunteers from this forum really want to going to sit butt to butt in conference conditions whilst stark naked???????

Also, have I missed them, or are the staff at AAT head office going to be involved too?

Edit: Just noticed Dean has already volunteered as Artistic Director ......... suggest he performs this role naked 'to get into the moment'!!!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    anniem wrote: ยป
    Dean you seem to have quite an eye for what you envisage these shots looking like, but are all the volunteers from this forum really want to going to sit butt to butt in conference conditions whilst stark naked???????

I have to admit Anna, Dean's photo of the women huddled together on the bench disturbed me a little. It's bad enough sitting on the train having someone's butt or leg touching you, and they're dressed!!
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I am not volunteering for the photoshoot either as I have been told on several occasions folk are more likely to pay for me to put my clothes back on however I am more than happy to volunteer as a buyer.

I like the idea of themed months, or how about trying to look like your avatar on the forum, I am sure folk would like to see Monsoon or Jilt posing as their avatar.
  • Monsoon
    Options
    I like the idea of themed months, or how about trying to look like your avatar on the forum, I am sure folk would like to see Monsoon or Jilt posing as their avatar.

:lol: love it!!

And ladies I said all shapes, sizes, looks and varieties. EVERYONE is photogenic (I've decided) and this is for charity. Get your kits off!!! :lol:
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I am not volunteering for the photoshoot either as I have been told on several occasions folk are more likely to pay for me to put my clothes back on however I am more than happy to volunteer as a buyer.

:lol: Now who said I had a figure like the one in my avatar?
  • Monsoon
    Options
    jilt wrote: ยป
    :lol: Now who said I had a figure like the one in my avatar?
    Or me!! :lol:
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Or me!! :lol:

It'll have to be 12 months of you Monsoon! :)
  • Monsoon
    Options

Not a chance!!!!!!!
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    what a fab idea. Here's hoping people don't have the same embarasing situation as i had a couple of years back!
  • Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I agree with PGM, Monsoon started this thread, so you cant back out now.
    it could be a desk top calander.
Privacy Policy