Finding clients

Options
Hi

Does anybody know what the best method is of getting new clients?

Currently I am using Ad-words but it is quite expense as you are looking at least 75p per click to get you on the front pages and even then you are not guaranteed the right people are clicking on your site.

I'm not overly convinced on putting up adverts in newsagents or in local "through the door magazines".

I can image that networking is one of the best ways but its finding the right ones to attend and some can be expensive.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Don Juan wrote: »
    I'm not overly convinced on putting up adverts in newsagents or in local "through the door magazines".

Have you tried this?

Because that is my first recommendation; worked great for me.

I have never bothered with adwords or networking.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Monsoon wrote: »
    Have you tried this?

Because that is my first recommendation; worked great for me.

I have never bothered with adwords or networking.

Are you referring to news agents / post offices or through the door magazines?
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    For me adwords has always worked best. You are not guaranteed the right customers with any advertising but at least with adwords if you have the right key words you know those viewing it are at least looking for an accountant.

Try some negative keywords and I presume it is localised? PPC seems a little low to me but then it does vary area to area.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Don Juan wrote: »
    Are you referring to news agents / post offices or through the door magazines?

Both. My preference is for local parish magazines.
  • Kjmcculloch
    Kjmcculloch Registered Posts: 7 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I think it very much depends on your target market? Do you know your ideal client? Once you know this it's a lot easier to target your advertising budget.

The biggest problem in this industry, from my experience, is that people don't know who they are after. This leads to a scattergun approach. The more focussed you are the more likely you are to get a good ROI. Many people set out to target all business owners, you're never going to effectively manage that.
  • Natsmomma
    Natsmomma Registered Posts: 39 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    The old adage of not putting all for your eggs in one basket works for me, so I chop and change my
    advertising regularly. Leafleting didn't work and was a waste of time and resources. Having a website
    makes a big difference and is worth spending time on.

I've never used google Adwords, but advertise inexpensively on local town websites, network locally a bit when business is slow and advertise in parish magazines and local stores. I believe that some of the
    more expensive networking groups can be good but I've never bothered with them. I just go to the ones I enjoy being at because if you're relaxed and happy to be there, people will remember you and call
    when they have a need.
Privacy Policy