CV Advice

Options
jenny3549
jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi All,

Just after a bit of advice on updating my CV now I'm MAAT.

The personal statement on my old CV referred to me as QBE but I'd like to update it as I'm very proud of my four letters. Where do you guys refer to them? Obviously I'll put it in the qualifications section but do you put them after your name at the top as well, or anywhere else?

Hopefully won't need to be sending it out any time soon but I like to keep it up to date, just in case. ;)

Comments

• T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    It depends on the type of job you are applying for, but assuming something accountancy related, I would use it after your name, in the qualifications section and in the 'professional bodies' section. Be proud!
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    jenny3549 wrote: »
    The personal statement on my old CV referred to me as QBE but I'd like to update it as I'm very proud of my four letters. Where do you guys refer to them? Obviously I'll put it in the qualifications section but do you put them after your name at the top as well, or anywhere else?

The top line of my CV used to read

James Bookworm MAAT

but I got really tired of being addressed as "Mr Maat". (No, my real last name isn't Bookworm!)

After I graduated I experimented with James Bookworm BSc (hons) MAAT, which is also accurate, but was interpreted as meaning Maat was my given name and how I liked to be addressed.

It now just has my full name, but has "AAT full member" in the summary paragraph right underneath, as well as including it in a Qualifications section.
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    T.C. wrote: »
    It depends on the type of job you are applying for, but assuming something accountancy related, I would use it after your name, in the qualifications section and in the 'professional bodies' section. Be proud!

I am!! Thanks for that TC, that was along my line of thought.
    Bookworm55 wrote: »
    The top line of my CV used to read

James Bookworm MAAT

but I got really tired of being addressed as "Mr Maat".

Fab! I should have thought of that, I know how easily things like that can happen!!!

Thanks again both.

:biggrin:
Privacy Policy