Use of AAT Logo

sheelagh
sheelagh Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hi

Do you ever mention in your promotional literature that you are a member of AAT, but not include the
AAT logo? Do you include the licence number wording? "Joe Bloggs is licensed ....."
I am trying to find out if I should provide my licence number if I claim to be a member of AAT, but don't include the AAT logo.
All the literature appears to relate to use of the logo, nothing about choosing to omit it.

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Interesting.

I have never used the logo but do state that I am a member on my headed paper, including the licence number.

I don't mention my membership on the website but if I did I can't imagine I would reel off the same standard sentences, particularly if it was in the staff bio section.

Not sure what the official position is.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I just use MAAT after my name, and include all the blurb in the Legal Info bit on my website, and my engagement letters.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I use it all, logo, licence info etc. If you want to see my headed paper, pm me and I will send you a copy.
  • sheelagh
    sheelagh Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    (non) use of logo

The members in practice team did find the answer for me in the end. They say if you don't use the logo you don't have to quote your licence number or use the standard sentences.
    So it's okay to just mention you are a member of AAT and nothing else.
  • BIG WAL
    BIG WAL Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Thanks - useful to know.
Privacy Policy