I want to change my career to accountancy/finance. Is AAT suitable for me?

AAT
AAT Administrator, Tutor Posts: 102 🤖 Admin 🤖
edited March 2015 in Who can benefit from AAT?
Yes. The AAT Accounting Qualification offers a way to study accounting if you’re considering a career change, whatever your age. AAT has no formal entry requirements, and you don’t need to have previous experience of studying or working in accountancy. (Check out some of the stories under More information/resources, below.)

In addition, AAT provides a way to gain the skills and practical experience employers value without building up debt at university.

AAT Level 2 covers basic accountancy skills and knowledge, and AAT Level 3 and AAT Level 4 introduce more advanced concepts. AAT offers flexible study options so you can fit your studies around your family/work commitments – you can study AAT full or part-time, and you can also study AAT through distance learning. Whatever your circumstances, there’s a study option for you.

Once you’ve completed the AAT Accounting Qualification you’ll be able to gain generous exemptions should you decide to move into chartered accountancy; and you could become a fully-qualified chartered accountant more quickly than someone who has followed the university route.

If you’re over the age of 24, you should be aware that in 2013 the Government changed the rules around funding. Learn more about 24+ Advanced Learning Loans at gov.uk.

Next steps

Would you like to learn more about AAT?

f94onqhx1g.png

yhr0skqoyt.png

q4i861j5v8.png

nqygpazywl.png

More information/resources
This discussion has been closed.
Privacy Policy