Am I guaranteed a job after becoming AAT-qualified?

Options
AAT
AAT Administrator, Tutor Posts: 102 🤖 Admin 🤖
edited December 2014 in Where can AAT take me?
Gaining a qualification is an increasingly important part of entering the job market, and the AAT Accounting Qualification is a great way to gain the skills you'll need in your accountancy career without building up debt at university. It demonstrates that you've made the decision to gain a professional qualification, and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve your goals.

That said, no qualification alone is going to enable you to walk into a job.

Think of your qualification as a foundation for your career, onto which you need to continually build knowledge and experience to increase your marketability to employers.

If you study under an AAT apprenticeship you'll be gaining experience and earning money at the same time, and when you complete your apprenticeship you employer may decide to offer you a permanent position.

Regardless of your situation, as an AAT student member you'll have access to a wide range of tools and resources to help you ensure your job applications demonstrate your suitability for the world of finance and accountancy. These include, but are not limited to:
  • online CV Builder
  • cover letter templates
  • interview simulator
  • career planner
  • career-related podcasts
  • career videos
  • interactive tutorials
  • careers events
  • career news, top tips and advice
Such continuously-updated resources will be available to you throughout your AAT membership.

Even before you register as an AAT student we can offer you lots of free job-hunting advice in the form of articles and videos.

Check out the links under More information/resources, below, and also the forum thread 'How do I make my AAT apprenticeship application stand out?' - you might not be applying for an apprenticeship, but a lot of the same rules apply when sending your CV and cover letter to employers.

Next steps

Would you like to learn more about AAT?

f94onqhx1g.png

yhr0skqoyt.png

q4i861j5v8.png

nqygpazywl.png

More information/resources
  • AAT career coach Aimee's top 5 tips for school-leavers interested in accountancy:
This discussion has been closed.
Privacy Policy