career advice

vas
vas Registered Posts: 5 Regular contributor ⭐
please advise

I have completed AAT level 2 and I am going to start AAT level 3 soon.Currently, I am working as an Administrator in a finance department and I am happy with them.I am looking for entry level accounts position. I had an interview yesterday for an Audit Assistant post (same salary as my current position).I think they like me and interview went very well but they told me mainly admin duties than accounts duties.if they offer this position, is it a good career move.</pre>

Comments

• topcat
    topcat Registered Posts: 452
    vas wrote: »
    please advise

I have completed AAT level 2 and I am going to start AAT level 3 soon.Currently, I am working as an Administrator in a finance department and I am happy with them.I am looking for entry level accounts position. I had an interview yesterday for an Audit Assistant post (same salary as my current position).I think they like me and interview went very well but they told me mainly admin duties than accounts duties.if they offer this position, is it a good career move.</pre>

if you are happy where you are why move as blunt as it sounds? maybe worth talking to them see if you can take some extra responsibilities or have a go at some tasks which you would find more interesting where you currently work , nothing to lose by asking
Privacy Policy