Home For accounting professionals General accounting discussion
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Software for small pub

Janet BJanet B Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 4
Hi, My son runs a small pub, no restaurant just drinks and snacks. I have been using spreadsheets for his book-keeping and manually producing his P&L accounts and balance sheets. I would like to get him more involved in the book keeping and accounts. Can anyone recommend any software (cloud or otherwise) which would be good for a small pub?

Comments

• jamesm96jamesm96 Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 523
    On first impressions I'd have thought that Xero's VAT Cashbook subscription would be good? It's only available if you're a Xero Partner though so perhaps that makes the suggestion a little moot.
  • Janet BJanet B Just Joined Registered Posts: 4
    Thank you. I'll have a look.
  • Gem7321Gem7321 Experienced Mentor DevonMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,438
    VT cashbook is free and easy to use
  • Paul CPaul C Well-Known Registered Posts: 193
    VT very good as Gem says. Solar Accounts still very good also.
  • Gem7321Gem7321 Experienced Mentor DevonMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,438
    I also like Solar but personally I think it's not suited to a cash-based business, but still worth a look
  • Jonno1Jonno1 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 63
    edited October 2014
    I've set up an automated excel spreadsheet book keeping package for a couple of clients, whereby the user inputs transactions via a customised userform and all the accounts, profit & loss sheet are updated automatically. Please PM me if you require any futher details and I can supply a sample screenshot.
  • Janet BJanet B Just Joined Registered Posts: 4
    Thanks all! This is really helpful. I'll have a look at the options suggested.
  • stevo5678stevo5678 Well-Known Cheltenham Registered Posts: 325
    I'd say xero or VT aswell!
  • AndrioAndrio Registered Posts: 1
    If the link doesn't work it's by the learning provider first intuition but there are others too.
    FSL: