Software for small pub

Janet B
Janet B Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
Hi, My son runs a small pub, no restaurant just drinks and snacks. I have been using spreadsheets for his book-keeping and manually producing his P&L accounts and balance sheets. I would like to get him more involved in the book keeping and accounts. Can anyone recommend any software (cloud or otherwise) which would be good for a small pub?

Comments

• jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    On first impressions I'd have thought that Xero's VAT Cashbook subscription would be good? It's only available if you're a Xero Partner though so perhaps that makes the suggestion a little moot.
  • Janet B
    Thank you. I'll have a look.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    VT cashbook is free and easy to use
  • Paul C
    Paul C Registered Posts: 193 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    VT very good as Gem says. Solar Accounts still very good also.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I also like Solar but personally I think it's not suited to a cash-based business, but still worth a look
  • Jonno1
    Jonno1 Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor ⭐
    edited October 2014
    I've set up an automated excel spreadsheet book keeping package for a couple of clients, whereby the user inputs transactions via a customised userform and all the accounts, profit & loss sheet are updated automatically. Please PM me if you require any futher details and I can supply a sample screenshot.
  • Janet B
    Thanks all! This is really helpful. I'll have a look at the options suggested.
  • stevo5678
    stevo5678 Registered Posts: 325
    I'd say xero or VT aswell!
  • Andrio
    Andrio Registered Posts: 1
    If the link doesn't work it's by the learning provider first intuition but there are others too.
    FSL:
Privacy Policy