AAT Level 4 Budgeting - Task 1.3 - HELP!!

AAT Level 4 Budgeting - Task 1.3 - HELP!!

I am really confused on where the numbers are coming from to figure out the closing inventory of finished goods

I get that it's total goods produced + opening inv - closing inv but I just don't seem to be able to get to the correct number!

I think I may be getting the total good produce number wrong or something?!

Could someone please explain the task and how the numbers are calculated?

Thanks you! :)

Comments

  • mike150185mike150185 KentRegistered Posts: 41
    Not sure which one you're doing but I'm using the figures from the 1st sample assessment:

    Opening inventory is given as £150,000

    Cost of production is the figures from the working schedules - Materials £569,275; Labour £514,800; Overheads £211,725. Total = £1,295,800

    In the notes it says "Closing finished goods inventory will be valued at the budgeted production cost per unit", so the cost of production above divided by the units produced in the very first table ie £1,295,800 / 589,000 = £2.20 per unit. In the same table it says the closing inventory of finished goods is 81,400 units so multiplied by £2.20 = £179,080
  • kirsmekirsme Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    AAT Level 4 Budgeting (2016 standards) - Online practice Assessment 1.2.

    Becco I was stuck in exactly the same question as I am now!

    Can anyone help me please?

    Thank you

    Kirsty
  • kirsmekirsme Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    Spoken to my tutor and for anyone else stuck on this. You need to take the production and divide by the decimal of the reject rate. Reject rate is 8%, so devide 68,700 by 0.92 to get 74,674. Then divide this answer by 100 and multiply by the 8 (8%).

    Eg:

    Reject rate: 8% (leaving 92% good production)
    Good production: 68,700

    68,700 74,674
    --------- = 74,674 --------- x 8 = 5,974
    0.92 100

    I found laying it out like this helped me to:

    %
    8 - 5,974 - Rejected
    92 - 68,700 - Good production
    -----
    100 - 74,674 - Total manufactured units

    Hope this helps!

    Kirsty
  • kirsmekirsme Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    Spoken to my tutor and for anyone else stuck on this. You need to take the production and divide by the decimal of the reject rate. Reject rate is 8%, so devide 68,700 by 0.92 to get 74,674. Then divide this answer by 100 and multiply by the 8 (8%).

    Eg:

    Reject rate: 8% (leaving 92% good production)
    Good production: 68,700

    68,700
    --------- = 74,674
    0.92

    74,674
    --------- x 8 = 5,974
    100

    I found laying it out like this helped me to:

    %
    8 - 5,974 - Rejected
    92 - 68,700 - Good production
    -----
    100 - 74,674 - Total manufactured units

    Hope this helps!

    Kirsty
Sign In or Register to comment.