Level 4 Optional Units

Options
Hi,

I've just recently completed my Level 3 and am now enrolling to complete my next level but am really stuck on what optional units I should choose!

I've seen a lot of people say both personal and business tax are hard and auditing is boring and hard to take the information in but doing BOTH the management modules doesn't attract me,

Does anybody have any suggestions as to which ones I should complete?

Comments

• mike150185
    mike150185 Registered Posts: 41
    Options
    When I started Level 4, I ruled out the tax units but they were the two I ended up doing. They're not hard as long as you put the effort in and it helps a lot if your revision material has plenty of practice questions. Furthermore, some of the learning requirements are identical in both units, e.g. disposal of shares by an individual. Another plus for me was that two of the three written questions in both exams were tax computations and not "essay-style" answers.

However, everyone is different so it's worth looking at the sample assessments for all the optional units to see what kinds of questions are asked and what looks appealing.
  • charlotter18
    charlotter18 Registered Posts: 5
    Options

When I started Level 4, I ruled out the tax units but they were the two I ended up doing. They're not hard as long as you put the effort in and it helps a lot if your revision material has plenty of practice questions. Furthermore, some of the learning requirements are identical in both units, e.g. disposal of shares by an individual. Another plus for me was that two of the three written questions in both exams were tax computations and not "essay-style" answers.

However, everyone is different so it's worth looking at the sample assessments for all the optional units to see what kinds of questions are asked and what looks appealing.

Thanks Mike! Out of both Tax modules which one would you recommend? And is there one that you would say was more beneficial? - I will have a look at the assessments,

Thanks again :)
  • mike150185
    mike150185 Registered Posts: 41
    Options
    I've seen people mention that PTAX has the lowest pass rate but I found it quite straightforward. There are a lot of rules to remember for BTAX so it's easy to make mistakes but I thought it was the most interesting unit.

If I had to do only one, it would probably be PTAX, but I think it's worth doing both as once you've learnt one of them, you've already learnt some of the other. If you do both, I would recommend personal tax first, then business.
Privacy Policy