Consumer invoices

Options
I am vat registered and have recently started to sell goods on Ebay. I suddenly find myself having to raise a lot of invoices from my system (Navision), I was wondering ,from a VAT point of view, if it was ok if I created a miscellaneous account and posted all the invoices there rather than create a separate account for each customer (for those customer that do not request a invoice). Only helpful answers please, many thanks.

Comments

• CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    Options
    To answer a question with a question - do Tesco have an individual customer account for every person they sell goods to?

Assuming you require immediate payment for eBay sales, why have a customer account at all? Raise the invoice against a PayPal control account for example (obviously this may be over-simplifying depending on how you take payments etc).
  • Anna74
    Anna74 Registered Posts: 3
    Options
    Tesco uses a till receipt system, retail business is a bit different but I was wondering if it could be applied to my business, we do not fall in the retail category.
  • CeeJaySix
    Options
    Sorry Anna, my point was simply that you don't need an individual account for each customer just because you are VAT registered.

Selling on eBay is surely retail...?
  • Anna74
    Anna74 Registered Posts: 3
    Options
    If I post all the invoices to a miscellaneous account the vat invoices will be raised with the following details
    Name of customer: Miscellaneous
    Address: nothing
    Date: 01/01/2001
    Invoice no: 123
    etc etc
    I do not have the facility of adding a different name to each invoice, my question therefore is, does it matter if the invoices are raised with the name of Miscellaneous, no address and with vat details or do they have to show the customer's name, address, date, vet, etc?
    Thanks for your help
  • CeeJaySix
    Options
    Which brings me back to my original point - when was the last time your Tescos receipt had your name and address on it? I realise I have merely assumed the items you are selling are relatively low value, as most of the goods on eBay are; however as long as the supply is <£250 my understanding is that you do not need customer name etc etc, just your company name, address, VAT number, VAT rate charged and gross amount.
Privacy Policy