AAT level 4 - self study

Hello

I am about to start AAT level 4 (AQ2016)
I have done AAT level 2 and 3 in self study without too much difficulty.
Is it possible to do the same with AAT level 4 ?

With AQ2013, I think students needed a tutor as they had to write a project for YSYS, is that still the case for AQ2016 ?

I am a bit confused and can't find that much information on the AAT web site ?

Thanks

Comments

• Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    You'll probably find more information at whatever provider hosts the exams: BPP, Kaplan, FI etc.

There is no ISYS project under AQ2016, the synoptic assessment which replaces it is held at certain times of the year unlike the other modules that could be done at any time the exam provider has spaces to book, depending on who you do your exams with. The synoptic counts towards 35% of the final grade, with the other 5 modules 10-15% (pass, merit, distinction).

I have read somewhere that resits are restricted to 3 attempts?, and no longer possible to keep trying until you pass, which could be worrying if there is a topic you just can't get at the exam.
  • FrenchLady
    FrenchLady Registered Posts: 12
    Many thanks for your reply :-)
    I'm pleased as I don't like writing reports !
  • Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    I did Financial Statements last week, and noticed (because I used a AQ2016 book while studying the AQ2013 syllabus) that they have sneaked Professional Ethics in as a small add on topic. Since I found this the most difficult part of L3 was glad not to be getting back into it, though is probably only a few marks in the grand scheme of things.

I decided against moving to AQ2016 as unlike L2 and L3 where I would have expected at least a 'merit' on both, I can't see just getting a 'pass' at L4 as being a selling point (since L4 is quite a bit tougher). There is actually report writing during the exam in several of the modules. In Financial Statements, the last question on interpretation of financial statements (basically some ratio analysis breakdown and reasons why/recommendations) is in the format of a short report. I believe Financial Performance has something similar for interpreting variances but have only just started.
  • FrenchLady
    FrenchLady Registered Posts: 12
    Ok, thank you so much for your advice...I don't have the choice of staying with AQ2013, I think it's too late. I can only choose AQ2016...
Privacy Policy