New partnership

Options
Labrador81
Labrador81 Registered Posts: 14
I am looking for someone who wants to join me for being partner with me on my business (it will be your business as well). I already set my business up in my office (home) and I am a licensed bookkeeper. Also I am a member of bookkeeping and I am a partner with Xero and QuickBooks. I nearly complete my level 4 AAT this summer and I will continue to study ACCA this autumn 2017. (I current work at the council) Interested in join me? Let me know about it :) (It is a bonus if you love dogs! or do you know sign language? or interested in learning sign language?) Good luck for finding a partner! Could be me? who knows! :)

Comments

• Labrador81
    Options
    My business is accountancy services :)
  • Labrador81
    Options
    Yes I can give accountancy services and I don't provide all services. If I am not allowed to provide bookkeeping or other services then AAT won't provide me a membership or a license! Or my tutors won't let me do them and I know about professional ethics. You are right I don't provide full of services but I am allowed to provide my services. Also new business ideas are welcome too! Everything is possible! No one can stop you! ;)
  • Labrador81
    Options
    I am sorry to say you are wrong! I would know if I am not allowed to do them and I won't do them then. You need to find out about AAT and ACCA. I guess you don't get full information then? Thank you for sharing your opinion :) it is not a problem at all! :) I know what I can do or can't do!
  • Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    Options
    Looking forward to reading about your disciplinary case in a future ACCA publication.

TB and VAT. Regulation 8.

Direct tax? Forget it.

If (when) you're discovered you'll likely be thrown out of the ACCA, with a fine.

You'll then need to declare to the AAT that your ACCA student membership has been taken from you - will not look good.

Brings into question -

Professional behaviour.

Big no.
  • Labrador81
    Options
    Thank you very much Mickdundee and Bertie for your advice :) I was confused about AAT and ACCA. I am learning new things everyday! I think I understand I am allowed to be self-employed from AAT and ACCA but I am not allowed to be partner with someone else. Is that right? I need to study on the rules between AAT and ACCA. Very interesting! I will discuss with my tutor who has ACCA and I don't understand about AAT. Again I don't provide full services and I only do bookkeeping,financial accounting and accounts preparation for sole traders. Also Indirect tax (VAT)...I am not allowed to do budget or financial statements till I complete my level 4 this summer. I just want to be clarify about AAT and ACCA. I didn't realise it is complicated! Thank you for your help,Mickdundee and Bertie! Are you tutor in London Mickdundee? I am not ACCA student yet! Soon though...I guess it is ok for self employed? But not a partner with someone else? If not AAT is wrong then? I will find out more about AAT and ACCA! are they together or not? it is not a competition!!! We work together! :) maybe it is a good reason I am here on forum discussion tonight! I hope you both are right about it! Thanks for your help :)
  • Labrador81
    Options
    I went to the event "be your own boss" (AAT) in Cardiff and I learned it a lot. I will ask ex president of FMAAT about AAT and ACCA. I am very interested in them! Something new! I enjoyed to discuss with you both and I look forward to receiving more comments later. It is great to learn new things! ;)
  • Labrador81
    Options
    Ok I didn't realise you both were upset about it and someone checked my comment before I posted it. I have been advised it was not rude or bad! I am sorry if my comment made you both upset? Please accept my apologies. I am aware of the rules between AAT and ACCA. I am going to learn about them deepest and I don't understand that I am allowed to be member of bookkeeping or a licensed bookkeeper or provide some services. (I never say full services though) I would love to meet you up one day :) I prefer face to face :) thanks again. It is shame that I cannot be a partner with someone else? I thought two partners work together is better ;) I guess it is impossible at the moment? I love accounting :)
  • Labrador81
    Options
    Mickdundee,

You didn't ask me what services I do provide at the first place.

I am with AAT and I am not with ACCA yet. I don't know about ACCA's rules and thank you for providing me ACCA's information about bookkeeping. I am aware of ACCA from you last night and I will find out what is difference between AAT and ACCA. Also what is difference between sole traders and partnership.

You didn't say if you are ACCA tutor?

It was not nice thing to say " you are acting stupidly" and it hurt my feeling. You owe me an apology :(

Thank you
  • Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    Options
    I wasn't going to say more in this thread.

Yes I apologise for being correct.

Get some proper experience before you become an accountant of another.

Some people can make it without much direction - I feel you'll need a tomtom.

Point is it doesn't matter what you think, the rules are the rules.

What's the difference between a ST and a partnership? This a joke??
  • Labrador81
    Options
    I will not accept to be bullied and you want to be nasty with me. That is fine with me! I don't say anything anymore and that does not help the situation.

Carry on bringing problems! I just leave this discussion because it is not nice of you.

This is a joke! You need to find out about AAT! I know what is a sole trader or a partnership! Don't be bossy over me! It is free country!

Thank you very much
  • JayB2606
    JayB2606 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I have to agree with Mike, as a student member of ACCA you are unable to offer services beyond trail balance but can offer payroll and VAT.

I went through it myself, a few years ago
    ACCA, FMAAT, Licenced Accountant and ACCA Practising Certificate
  • Labrador81
    Options
    Mike didn't understand me at all and I never say I provide full services. I totally agree with you and I only do bookkeeping,accounts preparation for sole traders (no final accounts or financial statements) I am not allowed to do that and also I can do vat returns (indirect tax). That is it! I never say I provide full services and he didn't ask me what services I provide at the first place. You can see our comments at the beginning :) he jumped to the conclusion without asking me first why services I provide! Of course I follow rules of AAT and I am still AAT student. I am not ACCA student and I only said I will study ACCA later. He didn't read my comments fully! Of course I only follow the rules and I know I am not allowed to to do that. Thanks for your advice Jay :)
  • Labrador81
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I mean what services (no why services! My mobile changed it automatically! Sorry about that) :)
  • TreadStone
    TreadStone Registered Posts: 280 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    This thread is a wind-up surely ? :o
  • Labrador81
    Options
    I know! I never ever say i provide full services and i only give my services as bookkeeping,accounts preparation for sole traders (No final accounts or financial statements) and vat returns (indirect tax) that is it! Mike jumped the conclusion and he made me confused about them. He didn't even ask me what services at the beginning of the thread! I was disappointed when I read comments and I didn't expect it. Thanks
  • TreadStone
    TreadStone Registered Posts: 280 Epic contributor 🐘
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Well, if this is a legitimate post, for what it's worth this is what I'd recommend -

Given the fact you are still studying level 4 and are yet to quality, ditch plans about a "partnership", concentrate on your exams, get some experience, THEN start thinking about your own/joint practice. In that order.......

;)
  • Labrador81
    Options
    Thank you for your advice. I already have experiences with Finance and I nearly finished my level 4 AAT . I have two more exams to do :) ( optional module and synoptic assessments). I currently work at the council office with the Finance department and I am happy to carry on being sole trader with my business. I thought a partner would be better! I plan to have a partnership in the future :) thanks again for your advice!
  • Labrador81
    Options
    Yes I will carry on studying modules and I enjoy to get more experiences. (It is great to get more experiences!) I practice my modules all the time! Thanks again for your advice Treadstone
Privacy Policy