I'm halfway through level3 and wonder if I can move onto level 4 without completing level 3?

Options
I'm working as a Accounts Assistant and was hoping to get my qualifications done faster. I am currently on level 3 and wish to proceed to level 4 without completing 3. Is it possible? I will add that I don't have any other qualification. Only experience in Accounts.

Comments

• klaudyna
    klaudyna Registered Posts: 4
    Options
    No one can help?
  • AbbyCarr
    AbbyCarr Registered Posts: 157
    Options
    Although not certain, I'm quite confident you can't. I started AAT at Level 3, so you can skip Level 2, but probably not 3. You wouldn't have the necessary skills to complete Level 4 without doing Level 3, and I think you wouldn't be able to achieve MAAT status without completing the Level 3.
  • klaudyna
    Options
    Thanks a lot for your answers.
    My job description is actually very good. I'm dealing with auditing, forecasting and month-end-year-end accounts.

To be honest I'm finding l3 very easy and as I am still o Q2013 I thought it will be better if I use that time before September to pass l4 which I think is more difficult and time consuming on Q2016. I'm sure I won't be looking for another job this year so it won't make a difference if I can put l3 on my cv. Honestly I just want to get this aat done asap and move on to ACCA.
    If skipping L3 won't prevent me from getting Maat and exemptions from ACCA then I would rather just skip it
    Thanks a lot again
  • AlisonSwanson
    AlisonSwanson Registered, Tutor Posts: 209
    Options
    If you have taken any of the Level 3 assessments then you have to complete Level 3 before moving on to level 4. If you haven't done any level 3 assessments then you can start straight on level 4. I wouldn't advise it though and agree with all of the above comments.
  • N4T
    N4T Registered Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi @klaudyna ,

Does this mean you want to remain on AQ2013 and therefore want to finish L4 before 31 Dec 2017?

If AAT does allow you to jump to L4 without completing L3 please factor in the ISYS project when making your decision. Students are given 6 months to complete the project. I would imagine training providers have a cut-off date regardless of whether the student requires the full 6 months.

My training provider stopped offering this unit last month. The alternative then is to transfer over to AQ2016 and complete any remaining units under the new syllabus - only the project cannot be transferred over. You may know already you can only receive a 70% pass on those transferred units which will pull down your overall average.

You sound like a self-studier on your own timetable, so in your position I would cram in the remaining L3 units. It is possible to complete a L3 unit every 1-2 weeks.

• N4T
    Options
    If you are a self studier or distance learner there is nothing stopping you buying the necessary books and start studying L4 alongside completing L3. You just can't sit any L4 exams for the time being.

This way you aren't losing or wasting time.
  • AlisonSwanson
    AlisonSwanson Registered, Tutor Posts: 209
    Options
    No one can start L4 AQ13 any more.
  • klaudyna
    Options
    > @AlisonSwanson said:
    > No one can start L4 AQ13 any more.

I think it is right only in case if someone's new to aat but I am on ongoing membership for qualifications 2013 therefore any assessments can be passed with AQ2013 until Dec17.

One more question:
    I understand there is six months deadline for submitting your ISYS report. My question is when does the period of 6 months starts? Looks like I missed something
  • N4T
    Options
    When you have purchased the unit with a training provider, you are given a code and you will need to download the case study via MyAAT CBP - web access. That's when your six month starts as soon as you put your code in, much like your exam time starts when you enter the code. I'm not a self studier though so don't take my word.

The information from last summer stated that on 1 September 2016 students mid way through a level can continue that level on AQ2013. But if starting a new level after 1 September 2016 than that new level must be on AQ2016. I think it is best to call AAT to clarify your situation.
  • Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    Options
    I hope that's not correct @N4T because I'll shortly be doing my third AQ2013 L4 exam, Maybe I indicated before the end of Sept that was my plan, and I'd kept my AAT membership upto date, because I didn't actually start and sign up to a distance learning provider until the first week in Oct.

I think you're right though, @klaudyna needs to contact AAT directly, instead of hoping someone here will know, or that someone within AAT is going to comment (as on a lot of topics they dont).
  • N4T
    Options
    Hi @Adele69, the information was published last summer when there was still a lot of uncertainty re. the transition and I remember being in a panic to complete L3 before 31 August 2016. I'm sure you are fine because you've already sat some AQ2013 L4 exams.. We've had new students starting AQ2013 L4 right up to end of December so AAT may have relaxed their rules or the original information was false. I can't find it now.

The following is on their website and only stipulates being registered for AQ2013 by 31 August 2016

"Students who are already registered or register on an AQ2013 qualifications by 31 August 2016 will be able to continue taking assessments on AQ2013 until 31 December 2017 assuming their AAT student membership remains current, so there is plenty of time for them to complete the qualification."
Privacy Policy