Comments

• Sabbean
    Sabbean Registered Posts: 18
    Options
    Got mine, failed by 4%
  • Daryl818
    Daryl818 Registered Posts: 20
    Options
    Big fat fail for me. 66% disappointed. Hopefully do better Thursday!
  • Irrorate
    Irrorate Registered Posts: 139
    Options
    > @AbbyCarr said:
    > 90% I'm absolutely shell shocked because I've felt sick all day thinking I'd failed

Huge congrats! Distinction for you based on what you've stated your other results are!
  • AbbyCarr
    AbbyCarr Registered Posts: 157
    Options
    Fingers crossed just got to wait for a result for Personal Tax and then sit Credit Management. I don't feel like I deserve it but after all the hassle and headache it's caused I'm so relieved.
  • Maddy
    Maddy Registered Posts: 8
    Options
    I've been on track for a distinction but got 72% in this. Lots of people where I am (norfolk) have failed. Has anyone heard of any issues like with MDCL?
  • Mike Webster
    Mike Webster Registered, Tutor Posts: 203 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Well done to everyone who passed
    Michael JH Webster AATQB FMAAT
  • CharlotteSylvia
    CharlotteSylvia Registered Posts: 28
    Options
    I got 61%, can't say I'm shocked but I'm still disappointed.
    Oh well, I'm already revising for the resit on Thursday! Fingers crossed :)
  • hertshornet
    hertshornet Registered Posts: 21
    Options
    past half five ... just scrap pass so relieved.
    But don't think exam does what it aims to which is cumulative of all learnt.
    Poorly designed plus issues with papers and text book.
    done for now - tax revision to get onto.
  • Maddy
    Options
    > @hertshornet said:
    > past half five ... just scrap pass so relieved.
    > But don't think exam does what it aims to which is cumulative of all learnt.
    > Poorly designed plus issues with papers and text book.
    > done for now - tax revision to get onto.

Same. Who do you study with? I'm with kaplan and I really didn't feel like there were enough practice questions. Trusted that the way they were teaching me would work because I've averaged so high for all my other level 4 exams but only just scraped a pass this time.
  • hertshornet
    Options
    so back to initial question - is there anyone out there who has passed all exams and completed level 4 in a year?
    Our college planned core in year one and options in Autumn term, but timing wise we have now crammed in tax so half class sitting in in next week or so leaving big gap for other till September and final option.
    Have others done this or fitted subjects into college year, or have others done blocks for each?
  • Maddy
    Options
    Im sitting pltx on Tuesday and providing I pass that I will have qualified in less than a year.
  • gagan
    gagan Registered Posts: 69
    Options
    > @hertshornet said:
    > so back to initial question - is there anyone out there who has passed all exams and completed level 4 in a year?
    > Our college planned core in year one and options in Autumn term, but timing wise we have now crammed in tax so half class sitting in in next week or so leaving big gap for other till September and final option.
    > Have others done this or fitted subjects into college year, or have others done blocks for each?

> @hertshornet said:
    > so back to initial question - is there anyone out there who has passed all exams and completed level 4 in a year?
    > Our college planned core in year one and options in Autumn term, but timing wise we have now crammed in tax so half class sitting in in next week or so leaving big gap for other till September and final option.
    > Have others done this or fitted subjects into college year, or have others done blocks for each?

Yes one person from our class
  • hertshornet
    Options
    with local FE college. although started couple l2 modules bpp. before switch to evening then day at college
    college was using Osborne, then for level 4 swapped and bought BPP books for whole of course, but then got in a tutor who preferred other books so been taught from Osborne with out having books or on screen tutor resources. It has not been ideal to say the least, especially with AAT exam issues new course etc.
  • scamp83
    scamp83 Registered Posts: 86
    edited June 2017
    Options

so back to initial question - is there anyone out there who has passed all exams and completed level 4 in a year?
    Our college planned core in year one and options in Autumn term, but timing wise we have now crammed in tax so half class sitting in in next week or so leaving big gap for other till September and final option.
    Have others done this or fitted subjects into college year, or have others done blocks for each?

I have my final exam next week - Cash Management. If I pass this I will have passed level 4 within the academic year on AQ2016. However, this is with the MDCL uplift included, otherwise I would have had to resit that. I do consider myself very lucky, so many others haven't been as fortunate despite a similar level of understanding. I'm feeling very humble today after some people haven't been so lucky as to pass the synoptic......... and I think a good chunk of it is luck with regards as to the exam you sit.
  • AbbyCarr
    AbbyCarr Registered Posts: 157
    Options
    I sit Credit Management in July. Results will be at the end of August. Providing I pass that and my other optional unit, I'll have passed in an academic year. I didn't have an issue with MDCL or any other exam, well that was AATs fault.
    I started Level 4 in September 16. I sat Budgeting in October and Decision & Control in December. Financial Statements in March. Synoptic in May, Personal Tax in June and Credit Management in July. I study one day a week at college. All the core subjects were done stand alone. I studied for the synoptic alongside personal tax, and then personal tax alongside credit management which is what I am doing solely until the exam in just over a week. I haven't particularly felt rushed at all, but I did do my own revision off my own back
  • hannahjj1x
    hannahjj1x Registered Posts: 1
    Options
    Well.. iv been reading the forums for all of this year and have finally signed up after the agonising wait for synoptic results! I am absolutely devestated! I got 66% what a joke! This exam was ridiculous and I am gutted! I don't know whether to resit on Friday next week or wait for the next window - what are the other people who have failed doing? I'm tempted to ask for a bloody remark!
  • ShivaniC
    ShivaniC Registered Posts: 9
    Options
    Maddy said:

I've been on track for a distinction but got 72% in this. Lots of people where I am (norfolk) have failed. Has anyone heard of any issues like with MDCL?

Same here! I could have got a distinction until I got 79% in this one!! Really saddened by it.
    My previous results were
    FSCL - 91%
    MABU - 83%
    MDCL - 97%

Is it really possible that so many people have got good marks on the other exams then either got a really low mark or failed this one!? It's crazy!!
    Really disappointed and to be honest demotivated as no matter how well I do in my optional's I will not receive anything higher than a Merit.. :(

And i feel even worse for all the people that have done well previously and now face a resit because they didnt pass.. I really dont understand how it is possible to go from achieving highly to achieving such a low mark when it is meant to be parts of your previous 3 exams put together!
  • Anisa97
    Anisa97 Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Like many others I usually pass with a good % but this time I passed with only 73%. Very disappointed because I put in a lot of effort and then was faced with very vague, badly worded questions in the exam.
    I used Kaplan books to study and feel like no resources have been suitable for AQ2016 - it's all been a bit rushed.
    For anyone interested my results breakdown for this exam is:
    1) The purpose, structure and organisation of the accounting function - Met
    2) Effectiveness of financial planning - Below requirement
    3) Effectiveness of internal controls - Borderline
    4) Effectiveness of decision making - Below requirement
    5) Regulatory obligations - Met
    6) Situation analysis of internal controls (by SWOT or cost benefit analysis) with
    recommendations for improvements - Borderline
  • Maddy
    Options
    > @Anisa97 said:
    > Like many others I usually pass with a good % but this time I passed with only 73%. Very disappointed because I put in a lot of effort and then was faced with very vague, badly worded questions in the exam.
    > I used Kaplan books to study and feel like no resources have been suitable for AQ2016 - it's all been a bit rushed.
    > For anyone interested my results breakdown for this exam is:
    > 1) The purpose, structure and organisation of the accounting function - Met
    > 2) Effectiveness of financial planning - Below requirement
    > 3) Effectiveness of internal controls - Borderline
    > 4) Effectiveness of decision making - Below requirement
    > 5) Regulatory obligations - Met
    > 6) Situation analysis of internal controls (by SWOT or cost benefit analysis) with
    > recommendations for improvements - Borderline
    >

Same im with kaplan. I felt that there wasn't enough practice. All the mock exams were just the aat ones and there was only one or two practice examples around. The only people I know so far who have passed in my class also sat the external auditing exam.
  • Daryl818
    Options
    Does anyone know how to get a breakdown of your marks? My resit is Thursday and I would like to know where I went wrong...
  • Anisa97
    Options
    > @Daryl818 said:
    > Does anyone know how to get a breakdown of your marks? My resit is Thursday and I would like to know where I went wrong...

Contact the centre where you took your exam they should be able to provide it
  • Daryl818
    Options
    @Anisa97 Looks like a wait until Monday then! Thanks.
  • Anisa97
    Options
    @Daryl818 are you with Kaplan by any chance? I requested mine yesterday and they emailed it today
    Good luck for the resit! Hope it goes well
  • Daryl818
    Options
    No I did it with New college durham, no one there until Monday... bit disappointing but nevermind
  • e_ounyg
    e_ounyg Registered Posts: 5
    Options
    I know there has been two sittings of the synoptic assessment so far (one in March and one in May), does anyone know if the layout of questions has been similar both times? I'm resitting on Wednesday and am doing my preparation based on the assessment I took last time but not sure if this is a bad idea? Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you!
  • kjmusty
    kjmusty Registered Posts: 4
    Options
    @e_ounyg was the sitting you did similar to the aat practice assessments online?
  • e_ounyg
    Options
    @kjmusty yeah it was pretty similar to the second online assessment so I'm hoping it is again this week. However, I know of people who have retook MDCL and it was different the second time, which makes me slightly concerned.
  • kjmusty
    kjmusty Registered Posts: 4
    Options
    @e_ounyg I think how they ask it may be different but provided you know the principles then apply them you should be ok. I'm sitting it for the first time this week and have done all the BPP practice assessments and AAT sample's and they're all reasonably similar. Were you far off passing the first time?
  • e_ounyg
    Options
    @kjmusty fingers crossed for Wednesday then! i got 65%, so close it's painful!! i think i know where i went wrong so hopefully i'll smash it this time. good luck for this week!
Privacy Policy