Financial statements exam

Options
I have taken this assessment several times and am consistently failing on section one. Are there any general tips you could give me? The online assessments don't seem to reflect the exam question very well so it's hard to practise for this.

Comments

• KoopaCooper
    KoopaCooper Registered Posts: 224
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I noticed that too - all the level 4 assessments seem to be much harder than their online practice assessments would suggest.

My advice would be to try practice questions from another source - perhaps your textbook if you have one; those seem to be more at the level of the real assessment. :)

And keep trying! :D (I failed FNST on my first try too - in fact the only module I passed first time was Budgeting ...somehow! xD)
    Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
    QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
    Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
    Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
    Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
    MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
    Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
    F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
    F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
    F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
    F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020
  • Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    Options
    This was the only L4 exam where I ran out of time to answer all questions fully, but somehow still managed a pass.
    Looking back over the AAT practice assessments (for Task 1) they were a bit easier than the actual exam, but if you practice completing enough then the little bits they throw into the exam shouldn't be too taxing.

I agree with Koopa, after the struggle I made sure to buy additional Training provider practice assessments. So I'm mainly using Osbourne books, though it's fairly easy to find used BPP question banks (2015 ed) with further practice examples. I would also go back over questions I had messed up, just to go through the process and learn how to answer them correctly.
Privacy Policy