What did you work as whilst studying AAT?

What was your position and once you had completed AAT what did you move on to doing? Did you find it easier to get jobs in accountancy?

Answers

• MooreAccountsMooreAccounts MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 14
    I started AAT when I was working as a purchaser for an engineering firm. My role was then split to purchaser/accounts assistant to gain practical exposure to the theory learnt. It definitely helps on your CV - I went from that to accounts manager at a new company before I had finished AATL4, and again after finishing.
  • NorvydasNorvydas DevonMAAT Posts: 232
    Was working full time as an Personal Trainer, started studying Level 2 and got a job as Finance Assistant within 2 months :)
    Kind Regards,

Norvydas Valavicius.
  • IzzyLIzzyL Registered Posts: 2
    edited April 2018
    Been working as shop assistant when started AAT, after finishing level 3 have I found very low paid Junior accounts assistant position I been moving very quickly in the company (Accounts assistant, Assistant Accountant) , unfortunately company went to administration and made me redundant. After two months I have found Assistant Management Accountant position, on completion of level 4 I have received promotion to Revenue Accountant.
    I think the qualification is great but the most difficult part is to get the first job.