Issue with training provider

Options
I have an issue with the training provider I choose for the basic bookkeeping course.

The company’s material that I have accessed is inconsistent. When I raised this issue with them and asked for my money back, I received a torrent of insults. I don’t consider myself rude, for raising an issue. I just wanted help to sort it, or my money back. Neither route has been offered.

I don’t want to continue ‘learning’ with this provider. However, I didn’t raise this issue within the first 7 days of joining the course as my mother was in hospital (we thought that she was dying).

To further complicate this issue, I didn’t actually have full access to the course, until I complained 3 weeks after signing up. By this time we knew that my mum would live and I had accessed the course.

How can a tracning provider let their side of the contract down by not organising complete access, but expect me to still abide by it.

The person I was communicating with is dismissive to my issues now. I can’t believe the level of customer service compared to other companies that bend over backwards to help customers who have problems.

How can I get my money back for my course?

So I can go to another provider.

Thanks for any advice.

Leanda Morrison

Comments

• CSan89
    CSan89 Registered Posts: 207
    Options
    Which training provider is it?

You could look to see if they have been approved by AAT because if they are then you could put a complaint in with them.

A 7 day cooling off period seems very short but sadly there are a lot of cowboy training providers out there, especially with online courses.
    AAT Level 2&3 - 2016
    AAT Level 4 - 2017
    Personal Tax, Business Tax and External Auditing

ACA/CTA -
    Certificate Level - Jan 2019
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Leave a negative review about them on google

And contact citizens advice/trading standards
  • Leandajm
    Leandajm Registered Posts: 3
    Options
    CSan89 said:

Which training provider is it?

You could look to see if they have been approved by AAT because if they are then you could put a complaint in with them.

A 7 day cooling off period seems very short but sadly there are a lot of cowboy training providers out there, especially with online courses.

AAT suggested these guys. I choose the wrong one out of two suggestions!! They have no Google review, so this should have concerned me. I'm not going to say who they are, as I would be as unprofessional as they have been and I have standards.
    reader said:

Leave a negative review about them on google

And contact citizens advice/trading standards

They don't have a Google review. They have a strange business model that sponges good quality material from another provider (Kaplan) but then provides dreadful 'supporting' material.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll contact AAT first, then try citizens advice/ trading standards.
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi

A lot of training providers do use other provider materials (particularly Kaplan and BPP materials, why not name and shame them on here?! ;)

When you say that the AAT "suggested" them, was it a specific suggestion or were they part of the approved providers list? Either way, make a complaint to the AAT.
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    You could search for the training provider using the companies house website and write to the director's personally if their contact details are there: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/
  • Leandajm
    Leandajm Registered Posts: 3
    edited April 2018
    Options
    reader said:

You could search for the training provider using the companies house website and write to the director's personally if their contact details are there: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/

It looks like it was the company director who was the abusive one. A very strange company that supposedly never has any complaints, but then again doesn't address complaints well at all.
Privacy Policy